Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. ~Phyllis Diller
Click HERE to get to my 55s
1. I am eating more because the Doctor said I need to gain weight and I feel weird. ( Stems from all those years of trying to lose weight)
2. I remember when I was 350 pounds. Now I’m at 150 pounds. ( Stems from illness not diet)
3. Going to put a different train around the tree this year. We are changing from G scale to 0 . ( Stems from a desire for a change)
4. We have our tree up. Of course it is small and artificial but we love it. ( Stems from the need to fit on the table in the room)
5. Having reached fifteen minutes on the treadmill, next week I will increase the speed and try to walk further in the same time. ( Stems from trying to get maximum benefit.)
6. My stomach feels much better. ( Stems, I think from the walking)
7. Almost ran out of juice on the scooter in Wal-Mart the other day and poor Bree would have had to push me to the car. ( Stems from forgetting to charge the night before)
8. I am angry with the USA network for killing Monk. ( Stems from my really liking the character and wanting at least the possibility he could come back.)
9. The football team from the town where I was Pastor all those years made it to the state final for the sixth year in a row. They lost again. ( I haven’yt the slightest idea why they keep losing that last game.)
10. Bought a beautiful mixed berry pie from Perkins last Friday. I have had a piece with ice cream every day since. ( Stems from everyone else being on diets so it’s all mine.)
11. Have about half of our Christmas shopping done. Now we should start wrapping but haven’t. ( Stems from pure undiluted procrastination on the wrapping.)
12. This weekend we will get the manger scene up. ( stems from a need to get the display out before Christmas)
13. Sold five items on e-Bay this week. Cleared a little over $100. ( Stems from getting rid of stuff from the basement shelves)
14. Next week I see my lung specialist and will see if the new pill did any good. I am a bit afraid. ( Stems from a life long fear of Doctors)
Kivi & Maki is having a winter coat sale. They have a sign in the window that reads “ Get your winter coat now on sale when you need it it won’t be on sale.” They seem to be doing good business.
A big black bear ambled into town this morning acting as if it owned it. It smashed in the door at Nancy’s place but the poltergeist picked it up and deposited it in the DNR barrel cage. That was one surprised bear. Now the DNR will take it forty miles away and release it in the woods. It’s doubtful it will return after that. It would have been a much happier bear if it had come on Wednesday which is garbage day. There would have been garbage bags all along main street waiting to be picked up. A veritable feast for a bear.
Eugene has a job at the Fly Inn. He is going to be the janitor/handyman. They offered him a free room as well but he declined because he likes his room at Mrs. Pemberthy’s. He feels fairly sure that he won’t go back to drinking.