Thursday, December 03, 2009

Quilly's Word Day

Today's Saying

A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer. ~Author Unknown



It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
Sue-Outside my Window

This is my touch of the UP where I lived for most of my life. Here Sue tells us what's happening all around the central UP and I enjoy every minute of it. I share her with you today so you can get a little flavor of Upper Michigan.

Tommy UK met last night with Mrs. Trumble and talked about Christmas and the return of Tommy’s father. Tommy pointed out that has adoptive parents would love to have them come and share the Christmas meal with them. Tommy UK thought it would be wonderful because he would have all his parents together in one place.
Soon Tommy's birth dad would finish the process by which he ceased to be a Guardian of the Universe. He was giving up eternal life and non aging. When he came back he would be an ordinary person . Well he would be an ordinary person with extraordinary powers. The powers that he shares with Tommy he had before he became a Guardian so he still has them after he ceases to be one.
Mrs. Trumble felt that they needed to wait for him to return and shouldn’t be making plans for him. Tommy reluctantly agreed to wait but he really does want them all together for Christmas.
Petrovich and family will be returning late Sunday. He has a number of driblets that he is working at translating but the language is difficult and the vision of the monk not always clear . In addition the manuscript has some rips and creases that make it even harder. But when he gets back he will be refreshed and ready to go.
Eugene has taken the upstairs room at old Mrs. Pemberthy’s. Now he needs to find a job so he can pay her for the room. If he does it will be perfect because she can use both the money and a handyman to get some things done she can’t do.


9 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I forgot about Tommy having two sets of parents! And Petrovich is getting ready to belch out a Christmas riddle, I just know it!

1:31 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thank you Dr. John for making my Blog your Blog of the week!! You made my day. I always enjoy your Blog too.

There is no snow in the UP. That's a good thing. Snow on Christmas Eve is soon enough.

May God Bless you and keep you well. Sue

2:25 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I went to see your friend, Sue! I can see why you are so attracted to her blog! :)

I do hope Tommy's real father gets back in time to share Christmas with him - that would be special for both of them I'm sure!

Like Quilly, I'm also sure that Petrovich is going to throw a *kink* into Christmas -- and Tommy will need his own power as well as his real Father's to fix it! Dagnabit!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

It would be lovely if Tommy UK could have his whole family together.

Name That Christmas Song

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I am wondering if Eugene is staying sober now?

Guess I'd better check on Sue as well. Bye.
..

8:14 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I'm so hoping that Tommy UK has his whole family around him...I know what a wonderful feeling it is to have that special time...
Sandi

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Sue's place. Wonderful blog my friend. Good choice. :) I'm glad Euguene is on the straight and narrow. I hope he continues down this path. I hope that Tommy UK's parents all can get together. It would certainly be interesting :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the new (to me) blog Dr. John.:)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Congratulations to Sue!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home