Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter

Today's Saying

Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. ~Janice Maedite


I interrupt my usual Thursday blogging experience to bring you these pictures of our blizzard.
Click on any picture to make it large.


The back of the Manger scene.

Our Neighbor's house.



Ready to grill.







Our Roof










Our Back Yard

Since they didn’t really lose any time with their last visit to the past the town is adjusting quickly to being back. One could say that life is back to as normal as it gets here.
Yesterday this child shows up on main street and is definitely not dressed for the cold weather. He puts down a candle which begins burning and he jumps over it. He jumps over it again and again and again.
Finally Chief Ican goes out and asks him who his parents are but he doesn’t answer. So Chief Ican picks him up and carried him into the warm jail. The kid keeps trying to go back to the street so finally the Chief locks him in a cell. Then he goes and brings the candle in still burning. He discovers he can’t put it out.
The kid refused to talk to him so the chief called Mayor Trumble and asked her to stop at the jail and see if she can identify the boy.
Mrs. Trumble who knows most of the families in town looked at him and said she had never seen him before. She thought he might be part of some visiting family. But just in case he was local she suggested that Chief Ican get the school teacher of that grade to come and see if she recognized him. As Mayor Trumble was leaving The Chief stopped her and told her to look at the boy. As they watched the boy slowly faded away and there was nothing in the cell. The candle faded as well.

20 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Well! You guys got that manger up JUST IN TIME! Shoot! I never got to see the front of it ... and now it will be April before I can! LOL! Poooooooooor Maggie...

I bet that little boys' name was JACK! Something tells me things aren't going to be "normal" in Pigeon Falls for long!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is heavy snowfall.
I haven't seen that much of snowfall with naked eyes but I wish. I have a question:
How you go out or drive car if you have to go miles?

1:41 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Brrrr ... I hope that wasn't just the test for the real thing!

3:04 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Oh, and ... that little boy is nimble, isn't he?

3:05 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Oh chilly chilly!!! That IS Christmas... for sure ... and now the lights??? I hope they still work tonight as the snow melts a bit. What beautiful scenery. Oh my Knight dear!
You've opened your heart and I 've opened a present by coming by!

Have a warm indoor day!!!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I have never seen so much snow! How do you get out and about or do you and Betty just stay inside? I think I would get cabin fever.

Disappearing boys? Oh my, what is going on?

6:35 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

We have never such a lot of snow !! the highest I ever saw here was until your knees, but I think that happened once in 50 years ! Last year we had a "lot" of snow but that only covered your ankles ! The whole traffic broke down, we are not equipped for a lot of snow !

7:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay...snow! How beautiful.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

That is definitely NOT the fun kind of snow! Right now, where most of my family is in Minneapolis, it's -5 degrees. A warm front is coming through. The low is only expected to be 2 tonight. I was just talking to my aunt last night that it's a little early for the bottom to be dropping out of the thermometer. When I was there for Christmas every year 20-25 years ago (Man, it was hard to type those numbers!), it would usually wait at least until Christmas week to get that cold! What I'm trying to say is that I feel your pain. :)

8:06 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Ooops. I guess I shouldn't have made any comments about you not having any snow......(sorry)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Crikey it's arrived then?

I heard on our news this morning that you're having it bad over the pond. Take care if you have to go out Dr. John.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You pictures are beautiful. But as I say to everyone...I'm glad it's you and not me that has to have snow like that. I'll take my slippers, shorts and tee shirt on and the 80 degree weather any time. Besides, my back would break having to shovel the snow. :)

Hmmm I wonder whose child that is. Sounds Like Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick. Jack Jumped over the candlestick. :)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Sorry I wished for Snow to make your Christmas Lights Festive Dr John.

I know how much you hate the snow.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Holy, moley, Batman, send some of that white stuff my way.

Car Goes Boom

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SnakeMaster (age 10) says you are lucky to have all that snow!
I tend to agree with him.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Wow! We didn't get much snow, but it is brutally cold, and very high winds.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Nikki (Sarah) said...

can you keep the snow over there. I'm not ready for it yet...although my kids are. Interesting story. Sarah

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jeff B said...

This is one big storm. Looks like you took quite a walloping.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Oh my! Burrr!
<><

9:17 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

adidas superstar
retro jordans
nfl store
lacoste
ultra boost
off white
louboutin shoes uk
adidas eqt
nike air max
birkin bag

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home