Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday Fourteen

Today's Saying

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~Author Unknown

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.And I save the cost of a psychiatrist.


1. Didn’t get to see my lung Doctor so I don’t know just how well the new medication is working but I feel better.( Stems from the blizzard keeping us from driving to Oshkosh. )
2. Published a blog this past week with less than accurate facts and I feel bad. ( Stems from not checking my facts before publishing)
3. Please forgive me but I like Wal Mart. ( Stems from how nice they always are to me and all the clerks smile)
4. I am done Christmas shopping. ( Stems from the fact that I only shop for Betty and she does the rest.)
5. Couldn’t find the primary tree ornaments for this year. My Hallmark train ornaments, the train ornaments my sister gave me we couldn’t find. ( Stems from the sloppy way we store things)
6. Thinking of trees I remembered Grandma Mabel’s Aluminum tree. It had a revolving colored light off to the side that kept it changing colors. ( Stems from Christmas nostalgia)
7. I remember when Gram had a regular tree and during the family gathering her boarder Fred Wrigly knocked it over. ( Stems from his being really drunk.)
8. Looking through old pictures I came across one of my father and Uncle Donald in hunting clothes standing next to the old coupe with a deer tied on the side. ( Stems from the two of them often hunting together)
9. My dad was disappointed because I never became a hunter. ( Stems from my emotional inability to kill animals)
10. I am still walking fifteen minutes every day on the treadmill. ( Stems from the belief it helps my lungs)
11. I have an unhappy E-Bay customer. He thought the box I used as a backdrop was included even though I said the bidding was for two Lionel Cars. ( Stem from a need to state box in picture not included)
12. It looks like the family Christmas letter is going to become the family Epiphany letter. ( Stems from procrastination, plain and simple)
13. First we had a blizzard then the temperature dropped below zero so I haven’t been out much. ( Stems from Global Warming)
14. I have one gift left to wrap for Betty .It just came yesterday. (Stems from the need to have her out of the house while I wrap it.)

Chief Ican is almost relaxed. There have been no further living nursery rhymes and no historic people have shown up. He hopes the magic kid is busy building castles out of Lego's. He still doesn’t have a number for Dr. Jim . You would think his FBI friend could just crank the old number into the data base and the address and new number would come out. It could be that this is not a priority but a when I get a round to it sort of thing for his friend.
Toivo Jupola , that’s Eino’s brother is getting ready for his annual ride down main street as Santa Claus. He has polished the old horse sleigh. He has checked out the three deer he uses to pull it. They are real reindeer from Lapland. The rest of the year he keeps them out at Jon Bergall’s farm. Tomorrow at 10:00 he will ride to the town square and there he will give out candy canes. Almost every kid in Pigeon Falls will be there. Toivo looks forward to this all year long.
Robert Johnsen has explained to Mrs. Trumble that his power won’t find the magic child. He doesn’t have some kind of magic detector. He can deflect magic. He can neutralize a magician but he can’t pick one out in a crowd.
Somebody told Nancy they saw Mrs. Trumble kissing the stranger that’s staying at the Fly Inn. They further told her that the guy looks like one shifty fellow who couldn’t be trusted.
Nancy who know who Robert is and a bit of his history promised the lady she would ask Chief Ican to keep an eye on him.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, it's got to be about that egotistical wench, err woman from California that you must be talking about in number 2. I posted something on her about her plane. Sigh...sometimes we just can't win. But I like it when people like to say snopes this and snopes that...well ya...make up your own mind...that's why I put stuff out there. Oh well. Glad your still on the treadmill. Ooo and nasty weather...

Okay Mrs. Trumble kissing a stranger? Am I confused or what. I love Toivo Jupola's name.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I'm back...your 55 takes us to Quilly 40...Have you been hanging around Pigeon Falls too much today? LOL

1:44 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Great saying Dr!!!

4:17 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! I LOVE #13! And I am certain that #10 is helping more than just your lungs! You are doing wonderful and I am just sO proud! ( I don't know why I'm proud -- I didn't have a thing to do with it! But I am proud ... of you!)

I think it would be cool if the magical child brought Santa Claus to town! And how in the world could they let NANCY in on that secret??? Nancy can't keep a secret! Ohhhhh dear!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uh-huh...global warming. I love it.

Glad you're done with your shopping and way to go on that treadmill. Wonderful that you're feeling better but hope you can see your lung doctor before too long so he can confirm that!

God bless Dr. John.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey Dr. John, I'd like to the old coupe. Your dad's picture too.

GLOBAL WARMING IS HERE!! That is why we are having such extremes in the weather. Only problem is that in the long run the effects of warming are overpowering those of the cold. Hence, GLOBAL WARMING BIG TIME!!

I do hope it is cold enough and that there is snow enough in Pigeon Falls for that sleigh ride down Main Street. It sure isn't sleigh weather here, Mrs. Jim is out playing golf this morning.
..

9:48 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I have a twist to the saying for the day....for every minute I am angry, there is a minute when I am eating when I should not be.

Trying to be funny but it did not quite turn out that way.

10:21 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Uh oh. I have a feel Toivo is in for a surprise. I don't know why - it's just a feeling.

11:17 AM  
Blogger aims said...

btw - Thanks for sending people over to read. That was really kind of you.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Another great 14, glad that you are keeping to the treadmill and your daily fifteen minutes.

Merry Christmas Dr John.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

#2 -- we'vwe all done it.
#3 -- shhh, me, too.
#10 -- hooray!
#12 -- I've decided on an Epiphany letter, too. It shall include our new address. I am aiming for Epiphany 2011. I just might make it if I get a move on.
#13 -- no blizzards in Hawaii.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

A shifty character! Tommy's daddy? Well, maybe.

8:02 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

We've had the snow now - lots of it for the UK. Winter is here.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home