Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Meme

Today's Saying

The thing about family disasters is that you never have to wait long before the next one puts the previous one into perspective. ~Robert Brault,



Today I thought I would share with you this meme I borrowed from Melli. Be thankful my answers are shorter than hers.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Last coupler of years Santa just flew over left no gifts wrapped or unwrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on tree, colored on house.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Certainly not, never have. Next you’ll want us to hug.

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving when we finally discover where we put them last January.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ham on a fresh baked bun.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Looking for Easter eggs. Wait! I think that’s the wrong holiday. I get confused. I’m old.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? He hasn’t become a terrorist has he?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If the grandkids are here and they beg long enough.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? By hand.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate it.

12. Can you ice skate? On ice, with skates– No. Sitting down with the WII Yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh! Yes I remember it. I will never forget it.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Lemon Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve Church service.

17. What tops your tree? A leaning star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Neither

20 Favorite Christmas Show? Old Scrooge Movie

21. Saddest Christmas Song? White Christmas – I hate snow.

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Away in a Manger

Mrs. Trumble and Chief Ican met this morning, early. They tried to come up with some way to find the child that is casting these odd little spells. So far we have seen Jack Be Nimble and Humpty Dumpty on the street , and John the Baptist showed up at Last Lutheran. This means nothing really bad has happened, yet. They are, however, afraid that something bad will happen and they suspect that their one day trip to the past and return was also done by the same kid.
Chief Ican says when Eugene returns they might be able to get Susan to come an help. She might know how to find somebody who can use magic like she does. Eugene should be back tomorrow or late today.
A child babbles in an ancient language
Поштові світло є цукровий очерет
When Chief Ican left Mayor Trumble’s office he noticed that the middle two light poles were now tall candy canes. They weren’t plastic painted candy canes they were real candy canes as tall as the light pole with a light on the end of the curve. It looks like a Christmas decoration.
As Chief Ican is walking back to the jail three deer come into town and start to lick one of the poles. The Chief wonders how many animals will be attracted until the spell wears off.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family is one of the closest friendship forever for always.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Well yes... Family is all that remains, all we can really trust for better or worse.
I love your answers to the questionaire...interesting. Make us know you better, Knight!

3:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Christmas meme is wonder-full!
I decorated my Christmas tree this year by boy. :)

At least deer seem to like candy canes -- now I know what to do with ours!

3:15 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

That was fun - I may steal it for next week. But you don't hug under a mistletoe, you kiss.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I love today's quote! That is soooo true!

Loved your answer to #8 - and SHAME on you for #13! How can you NOT tell us??? You should make your answers loooonger!

Was the old driplet writer Ukranian?

6:50 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

Was your favorite gift your horse or your train?

Great answers.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great quote...and so fitting now with lots of family times ahead!

Yes...we really should know what your favorite gift was?!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family is what Christmas is all about. Great answers. I love them short like this. :)

You know I so hope that whatever is going on in Pigeon Falls that it is just getting set up for all the Christmas festivities. I so want them all to have a Merry Christmas there. :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I hate snow too Dr. John.

Now c'mon spill - tell us what this was........

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Oh! Yes I remember it. I will never forget it.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Some child is having lots of fun in Pigeon Falls.

Nicholas

10:46 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Knowing you hate snow - I will just leave you with this.

Currently it is -37C outside. In Edmonton it is -46C and with the windchill factor put in -58C.

Now - what was that you said about moving to Canada?

10:53 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

#13 -- I am willing to bet the gift was Jesus. There is nothing more precious that can ever be given to any of us.

And if it warms up and starts to rain those candy cane light poles are going to be the next disaster for Pigeon Falls!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I laughed out loud at #7, Did Thom help you with some of your answers??

Merry Christmas Dr John,

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I keep hoping I have all the perspective on family disasters that I need, and being surprised, but I'll keep hoping.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

You and Bree have the same favorite Christmas song.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This is a nice meme, Dr. John. But still too long for me but just right to read about you.

We have mistletoe hanging in the doorway between the breakfast room and the living room. A little boy came around selling it. Mrs. Jim fell for him. Generally I cut my own.

And I left my snow shovels in New Hampshire and Nebraska. Don't ever want them back.

Sugar canes for sure. It looks like the animals love them.
..

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Vijay said...

Hi.. I just visited ur blog.. It sounds Great.. Hope u too will Visit my blog..

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Brighid said...

The quote of the day was great. Short answers make one think!
glad to know that deer like candy canes, (as she goes off to scatter them in the neighbors yard) the deer have distroyed most of my yard.
What child is this, hmmm?

12:01 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Loved those answers, especially how you do the Xmas tree. I do mine by wife.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home