Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quilly 40

Today's Saying

I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap. ~Fred Allen



It is time to share with you another of my favorite blogs.
The blog I want to share with you today is by a writer in Canada who loves New Orleans. She has great talent as a writer and at this time is sharing with us a fictionalized version of her life. It is so interesting that it would be well, if you have the time, for you to go back a week or so and read some of the other episodes. I don’t go a day without checking to see what she has written.


Well it has been quiet on the magic front today. Chief Ican still hasn’t been able to get a hold of Dr. Jim. But he hopes his friend from the FBI will get back to him fairly soon.
Last night Tommy UK’s birth father returned. He is no longer a Guardian of the Universe. The last thing the Guardians did for him was to give him a new identity. He is now Robert Thomas Johnsen’ They have fixed all the records so that if anyone checks on him everything will be in order.
He was born in California, he went to college at Harvard. He went on to Harvard Law School where he graduated with honors. He is licensed to practice law in Michigan. His Great Aunt left him money in Trust from which he gets $ 50,000 a year.
Now he is staying at the Fly Inn. Mrs. Trumble invited him to stay with her but he decided that it wouldn’t look good for an unmarried man to be staying with the Mayor.
Mrs. Trumble has invited him, Tommy UK, and Tommy’s adoptive parents to Christmas dinner at her house and they have all accepted. So Tommy will have all his parents together for one celebration. He expects it to be the greatest Christmas ever.
The rumor going around town is that the magic kid is one of the Petrovich twins. At least five people have told Nancy that it they are sure it was one of them. They remember driblet 172 and say that these are the twins from that driblet.
Nancy is not that sure . She knows they aren’t Lutheran and weren’t at Last Lutheran when John the Baptist showed up so in her mind that pretty well rules them out. She knows for sure that the McGregor twins were there and Pastor Joan’s child but there might have been more. At Last Lutheran kids are just accepted and nobody pays much attention to them.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to understand the quote but unable to do so.
:-(

1:44 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I think Petrovich is weird enough. They don't need any more oddities in that family.

2:17 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Hi My knight. How are you?... Hey I must tell you I come by every day But do not always know what to say. Just to let you know I care for you.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Too bad about the twins still causing trouble. I have forgotten their language, Eastern I know.

Was their mother's name recorded by any chance? I have heard of a elderly lady named Rebekah who gave birth to twin sons in the ancient history days.

Rebekah's sons were at odds with each other. These quarrels follow through to the present genrations. Worse than the Hatfields and McCoys they were.
..

6:16 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'll check her out!

6:19 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Hm. That's how First Lutheran is too!

I hope Tommy is not disappointed on Christmas... it seems like he really might be working himself up for a let-down.

Oh wouldn't that be JUST tooooo much if the child is a Petrovich Twin. Makes PERFECT sense to me though... and I disagree with Quilly... WHY spread the weirdness around? LET the Petrovich's have it ALL... and then send them on a permanent VACATION!

10:08 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Thank you Dr. John. You have featured me before and that is how I found you!

Was just getting ready to post the next part of that chapter I have written. (I know - you're holding your breath)!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well let's hope Tommy UK has a great Christmas but with daddy dearest now having a new identity...who knows. Oh no...a that baby is a Petrovich twin? YIKES!!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

I'm betting it's the Petrovich twins.

If you like Thursday Thirteen, you should go for it. It's a fun meme.

Now, off to visit Aims Big Blue Barn

6:02 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Since yesterday we have snow only to cover your foot, but the whole contry broke down, because it's not organized at all when a few snow flakes drop ! An unbelievable chaos on the streets !

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home