Tuesday, July 15, 2008

AT&T and their bars

Saying for the Day: A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation. ~Howard Scott

AT&T has me so scared I can hardly sleep. I am almost scared enough to run out and get there overpriced, unfriendly, cell phone service. What am I afraid of. Well I don’t want to be visiting France and get stuck in this really rotten room that comes with a really yucky dog all because I don’t have enough bars or something. If I had AT&T I could stay in a five star hotel. Now isn’t that scary? ( Of course I don’t plan on going to France but if I did it would be horrible).
Or the next time I am in Hong Kong meeting with a client ( probably a Bishop) I’ll get his name wrong because I don’t have enough of those bars. Being a Bishop he’ll get mad and I’ll end up being assigned to outer Mongolia as a pastoral legate or something. But if I had AT&T the meeting would go well. ( Of course I’m retired but it could happen and that scares me)
Then there is that concert I’ve always wanted to go to (probably Amy Grant) but in the sleazy pool hall I’m at I don’t have any of those bars again because I don’t have AT&T so I miss my chance. ( Of course I don’t play pool but I could learn so its scary).
Why AT&T has to run scary commercials I don’t know. But they upset me.
I could write a scary commercial for them.
This poor guy goes to AT&T because he wants more bars in more places ( doesn’t that sound like he’s a drunk). Then he tries to get customer service ,or worse yet, out of his contract. Now that would be really scary.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal .Tammy says that she has looked at the entire picture and has five reasons why the Petrovich twins might be the kids in the driblet.
1. When the Monk Alexis lived people died young so thirty two might seem like an old lady.
2. In a vision a little rain and wind could look like a big storm.
3. For a man a woman screaming is a woman screaming and she did scream.
4. The twins are girls and the future leaders of the world will be women..
5. Somebody dumb enough to grab a whale by the tail thinks the driblet doesn’t apply.
Now Tommy UK isn’t talking to her. They are both asking the Tommy club to take their side. Youth, in love one day and in hate the next.
The Petrovich twins are doing well. Old Doc Simpson is back and has looked in on them. He says that Mrs. Koski did a fine job in the delivery.
Petrovich has hired Alice Mattson to help take care of them until school starts . Then they will have to find an older lady. Alice is one of the girls who hopes to be Pigeon Queen this year.
The local liar’s club contest goes on. There have been six more candidates but non of them got over an 8. Where have all the great story tellers gone? In that internet contest with the deadline only a few days away there are only three entries, all top of the line. But Buddy East , The Really Big Liar , hopes to get more entries. He pointed out that writer’s choice doesn’t work without at least seven entries.
****

Today's Link- Adding my Views to the mix- The death of Tony Snow
A very dull day. I was away from my computer all day. This evening I went to the installation of our new pastor. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
Family Lunch

  • 10 Comments:

    Blogger Stacy said...

    It's Verizon that makes me glad I have "the network." Have you seen their new commercials and the creepy people who inhabit the "dead zones" that are unreachable by other cell phone companies? Only Verizon has several million people following you around on foot to protect you from that.

    4:58 AM  
    Blogger Melli said...

    Ohhhhhh you have just reminded me WELL why I have NO need for television! I have not EVER seen ONE of AT&T's terrifying commercials! Therefore... I live my life in peace! (of course... I have Verizon phone service... but I haven't seen THEIR horrible commercials either!)

    Ahhhhhhhhhh... I don't think I'm going to have a story... But I'll pray on it! Maybe God really WANTS me to have a story and will PUT it there at the last minute!!! I can't believe I finally have the opportunity to tell one BIG WHOPPIN' lie and I've got liar's block! I should have gone away with the other Tommy!

    5:45 AM  
    Blogger LoieJ said...

    You made me laugh. My cell phone company switched from Cell One to AT&T. I don't have more bars in more places. Well, I don't go to bars anyway. But my cell phone doesn't work at my daughter's house, my mom's house, my Sister-in-Law's house, my sister's house, all in different Wisconsin towns. It doesn't work at camp here in Minnesota. In fact, it doesn't work at anyone's enormous fancy lake "cabin." If there is a hill, the darn thing doesn't work.

    I guess they need to get a bar in those places, but they don't drink.

    It does work at my house, but then, I can see the lights of the tower from my bathroom window.

    6:07 AM  
    Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

    Dr John ~ I wouldn't be to afraid, it is only the phone company, though I guess one should be wary of them the way they make things sound.

    All my services except my cell are with my friendly Cable Company, they may be expensive but they are reliable and the services work about 99% of the time.

    My Cell is with the phone company, I ignore all the stuff they send me. I don't do bars either so I am not worried.

    A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

    8:25 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OC and I solved the bar problem -- neither of us drink. And we solved the cell phone problem, too! He has one carrier and I have another. No matter where we are, usually one of the cell phones works. His cell phone -- AT &T -- never works when he drives under a bridge. He calls me every day as he leaves work and we have about 3 minutes to cover "pick up at the store" etc. before he gets to the underpass.

    9:41 AM  
    Blogger jmb said...

    Advertising people, do they live in the real world I wonder.

    10:31 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate At&T with a passion, their cell phone service has always been the worst! Thanks for reminding me.

    4:06 PM  
    Blogger Janets Planet said...

    Hmmmm. Thought I had left a comment. Must not have gotten that word verification thing right.

    Anyways, Tammy is right -- especially about #5. --- (Tommy, say it isnt so!!)

    8:40 PM  
    Blogger Mountain Mama said...

    Scare tactics get attention. It's just another way to sell their product.
    They can keep it.I'd rather see spmething funny.

    9:19 PM  
    Blogger Ginny said...

    Tell us how your really feel about AT&T!! That was a funny post. Although I have not seen the commercial, I can picture it. Advertisers are crazy!

    4:05 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home