Monday, May 11, 2009

Me and Meme

Today's Link
Eat Your Veggies

Today's Saying
Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours. ~Swedish Proverb

Today's Picture
One Happy Granddaughter

I found this meme on akelamalu's blog and borrowed it.

1. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
What is your current obsession? Blogging, at least that’s what Betty says.

Good coffee place? My kitchen. We make a cup of raspberry coffee that would knock your hat off

Do you nap a lot? No

What part of your body hurts the most? My knees

Who was the last person you hugged? Other than Betty. Melli. ( I’m not a hugger)

What’s for dinner? Never eat dinner only lunch ( Two meals a day)

What are you listening to right now? The chug chug of the oxygen concentrator

What is your favourite weather? Sun and more Sun.
What’s on your bedside table? My breathing mask, my oximeter, and my Bi-Pap

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be ? Helsinki, Finland
What is the last song you listened to? Kids In Progress sung by the Children’s Choir in Church

Favourite vacation spot? Any Amusement Park
Name the things you can’t live without. Oxygen and my family.
What were the happiest two years of your life? All seventy have been happy

What would you like to get rid of? Nothing . I got rid of everything when we moved.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? I'd like to visit my friends Quilly ,Melli, Billie, or Peter

What did you want to become as a child? A cowboy
What do you miss? Crystal Falls

What are you reading right now? Between books at the moment
What do you fear the most? Losing loved ones.
What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)? Not a one. I’m a redneck when it comes to clothes.

What did you last watch on television? The Daily Show

Are all the answers you gave on this meme true? All but one


If you're stuck for Blodfodder feel free to have a go.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
At first it looked like Tommy UK and Herman might have enough power to at least fight the demon to a draw. But as the fight raged on the demon seemed to be growing larger and stronger. His power bursts were much more difficult to block and little by little Tommy and Herman were pushed back on the street. It did not look good.
The demon announce “ I’ll still let you surrender and I’ll spare the town “.
Tommy and Herman shook their heads and each sent a large power burst against the demon but he easily blocked it.By this point the demon was laughing. He could taste victory. Soon the town would be his. His revenge begun.
Then just as Tommy and Herman though it was over there was a flash of light and there standing on the street next to Herman was Oops. Could she turn the tide?

Wrap UP
Betty has a picture of her winning table at the mother's day tea up on her blog HERE.
Another weird day. The morning went well. My oxygen was up a bit. I visited some blogs. But the afternoon proved Betty and I are getting old. We set out to build a plant stand. Now when we were young that would have taken half an hour. Four hours later it still isn't done. Ist she measured wrong and thus I cut wrong. Then we corrected that and the nail gun ran out of nails. Then we had trouble finding enough scrap wood to finish. Then the drill which is keyless stuck and wouldn't let me replace the bit that was in it. Betty found the old drill in the basement and the chuck key. Sometime progress isn't wonderful. Well we will finish it tomorrow. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************************

19 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

No designer clothes? That must be your one untruthful answer.

May it be sunny a day.

2:30 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I really like today's saying.

3:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to learn more about you...I can't even imagine what answer is not true...Oops sounds like an interesting woman :)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

You certainly sound like you have your priorities squared away - and that is good! I especially liked your comment about not having to get rid of anything since you had already done that! (That's one reason people should probably move every so often...)

I am most curious as to how the saga turns out. Sounds like Oops just might save the day... but we shall see.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Sometimes I think we should have named Breanna "Happy" or "Sunny".

We all loved the card you and Betty gave Luke....funny!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Loved today's proverb -and I really do need to practice the "Eat less, chew more" aspect it mentions too!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Great answers and I haven't a clue which one isn't true cause they all seem to fit you.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Bree IS a happy kid! That is SO great! Laughter & smiles...

We have such SIMILAR meme's today - wow! The one that is not true is the the LAST one! Sheeeeeesh....

YAAAAAAAAY! Oops is here! I knew it! I knew it! With Oops and Herman - AND Tommy - ANNNNNND God?! Victory is ASSURED!!! YAY!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

With the risk of repeating myself for three millionth time, you know what is going to happen with this.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Go, Oops! Go!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

"All but one." I love that!

The Daily Show is one of the few shows that I try not to miss.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Yay, Oops! i hope she saves the day!

And, Dr. John, you and Betty are welcome in my home anytime!

11:09 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

ah, oops! i was wondering if she would ever return...
the team had better set about severing the demon's 'ropes'. they may be his source of power

11:16 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Love your answers Dr. John but which one isn't true? :)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No fair putting one not true answer! Is it the "not a hugger" one?

2:37 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Your grand-daughter is a cutie. I bet you are a hugger.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

what a great posting...loved today's saying and Brie' happiness

2:35 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Those who think you ARE a hugger! HA! People... it about KILLS him!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I enjoyed thiçs list. You are a very happy man.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home