Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday and More of Me

Today's Link
Momma Mea, Mea Culpa

Today's Saying
When our relatives are at home, we have to think of all their good points or it would be impossible to endure them. ~George Bernard Shaw

Today's Pictures
Grandsons at Melli's Pool
So you could know more about me I borrowed this meme from Akelamalu

A - Age:
69- Almost 70

B - Bed size: Twin adjustable and I mean adjustable
C - Chore You Hate: All that include work
D – Dad’s Name: Arvid
E - Essential Start Your Day Item: Blog & glass of Diet Coca Cola

F - Favorite Actor: None . It used to be Roy Rogers but he’s dead and so is Trigger.
G - Gold or Silver: All I can get
H - Height: 5' 5" but I used to be 5’9”
I - Instrument(s) you play: Piano accordion - No kidding . I can play three songs. Including a Finnish one
J - Job Title: V.R.P. ( Very Retired person)

K - Kid(s): Not any more . Just grand kids
L - Likes: Trains but little ones
M - Mom’s Name: Edith
N - Nickname: Dr. John
O - Overnight Hospital Stay Other Than Birth: Too many
P - Pet Peeve: No I like all pets
Q - Quote that you like: Do not do an immoral thing for moral reasons. ~Thomas Hardy
R - Righty or Lefty: Righty
S - Siblings: Two sisters and a brother (Brother died young)

T - Time You Wake Up: I wake up regularly through the night but I actually get up at 5.00 a.m.

U - Useful tool: Electric screw driver
V - Vegetable that you dislike: Name a vegetable

W - Weather you dislike: Snow and Cold

X - X-rays You’ve Had: knees, ankles, hips, chest, abdominal CT scan, brain CT scan ( didn't find any)

Y - Yummy Foods You Make: Saffron buns

Z - Zodiac: - I don’t know – I was born under a window does that help?

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
It is Monday and there is a real feeling in the air that something is going to happen today. Nobody knows what but something is going to happen.
Tommy UK is skipping school and has been practicing using his ring. Herman has spent a lot of time praying. They are as ready as can be.
Homeland security has sent a tank and eleven soldiers to back up the two men in black. They are all ready.
And so they wait for whatever it is to begin.
Then suddenly in the middle of the street the demon returns. He was here once before and he was defeated. But somehow this time he is bigger, stronger, and , if possible, more frightening.
He announces with a voice that can be heard in the next county. “ I will meet your heroes in the middle of the street at noon. If they don’t show I will burn the town to the ground.”
With that he flames out and disappears.
The town awaits noon.

Wrap UP
A nice day today. I visited all my friend's blogs. It took a long time. We had a new lawn person who cut the grass today. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************************

16 Comments:

Blogger Bazza said...

Interesting facts Dr John and that looks like a great pool your grandkids are in.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ACK! The DEMON? The DEMON returns??? Noooooooooooo! I HATE the DEMON! Ooooops! Ooooops! WHERE oh WHERE is Oops!? I hope Tommy has that ring thing down pat! This is toooo soon! He needed mOre time to get used to that thing... some time to LEARN what it's powers ARE! Ohhhhh my... This could just be... BAD!


What IS it with you and vegetables anyway? Don't you know they are GOOD?! And good FOR you!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

We wake up at the same time in the morning! Of course, Mine is actually an hour earlier...

I appreciate today's saying. ;)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your grandsons look great.

You don't like any veggies?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I CAN remember the first film I saw - because it was a very very VERY big deal! I was going out on a DATE with my sister and her boyfriend! I had to dress up in my blue velvet dress and white tights and black patent leather shoes! And they took me to the Avalon! It was probably the most exciting thing a 3.5 year old has ever done! Other than going to the circus!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Bz said...

Funny answers to the ABCs. Particularly liked the answers to the letter P (I love the Q quote~ is a good one for those that want to justify certain behavior under the light of being 'moral'.
Will have to remember it.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I like "born under a window!"

3:12 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love the photograph and I had to laugh at the quote. Enjoyed your answers to the meme and also your story.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

You are a very interesting person. I like your pet peeve.

3:49 PM  
Blogger KB said...

I love the quote today - so true.

Your Dad's name is unusual. Where does it originate?

6:15 PM  
Blogger Connie T. said...

I hate all chores too.

7:29 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Up at 5am? No wonder you do everything that you do and still blog up a storm.
Retirement for me meant I could happily become the night owl that my body has always demanded and I have no idea what 5 am looks like.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Now I know you better, lol I am also a VRP and also had snow and cold !
If you want to see a scarecrow exposition in Brussels, I went there to see them not to pose !

9:53 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

love the meme. love your sense of humour!

10:28 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Enjoyed this - especially the Shaw quote and your fun romp through the alphabet. As for being born under a window, you could have looked up :-)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Great Grand Sons... God Bless Dr. John,
Now the homeland security knows all about you...lol ...and your dislike for vegetables...what a source of hate...lol

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home