Friday, May 01, 2009

Flash Fiction 55

Today's Link
The Real Mother Hen

Today's Saying
The smallest bookstore still contains more ideas of worth than have been presented in the entire history of television. ~Andrew Ross

Today's Pictures
Ella & Elmer at the Packer Draft


















Flash Fiction 55
-Boating?

The storm was bad.
Huge winds shook the tiny ,little boat.
They were afraid it would capsize and throw them out and they might die.
“Hold on” the Captain said.' It will pass very soon. Hang on for your life.'
The storm passed. They lived.
Tomorrow try again. This time
put the boat in the




water.
____________________________________________________________

Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the third chapter in the ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Robberhood thought he was good.
He stole from the rich and gave to himself for he was poor.
In Shearwood Forest he plied his trade.
The King sent knights to bring him in but he robbed them too, wouldn’t you?
You couldn’t fight Robberhood and his merry Crew. He just laughed and laughed at you.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
This morning a Homeland Security helicopter brought in the two men in black that Mark had so easily outsmarted. They still had all their special alien fighting equipment. Tommy UK was not happy to see them nor was Eino. But at least Homeland Security is taking them seriously.
The animals continue to disappear in groups of three. Even the group of pigeons on City Hall seems to be smaller.
Nancy says that people coming in for coffee are becoming more and more scared. They are sure this is going to end Pigeon Falls. They don’t know, of course, about Tommy’s ring or Herman’s power. They just figure any force that can take this many animals and not leave a trace can destroy the town when it is ready.
Mrs. Trumble says she wishes that Petrovich would hold off publishing his driblets until after the crisis it predicts is over. As it stands now he just adds to the panic.
Petrovich says the driblets always seem to have a way out and people need time to find it or understand it.

Wrap UP
Tried to call my sister Dawn all day but she just never came home. It was a good breathing day. I visited every flash 55 that left a comment ar Mr. Know It Alls. That was a lot of visits. I visited every blog that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************************************

22 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

Looks like Ella and Elmer were a hit!

I love your 55. I am NOT signing up though. I am already stretched too thin!

Tell Petrovich it is time to decipher a happy driblet!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Both of your 55's are great but the first one had me chuckling out loud.

2:06 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great flash story! I missed the first, I'll go back and find it.

That Ella and Elmer are so lucky.
Are they yoopers?

3:06 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

I laughed so hard on this Dr. John!!!! That was good for my soul.

My '55' is posted. Scroll down on the Friday blog or use the link provided at the very top! Have a great weekend.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I'm afraid of open water, so your first 55 gave me a fright, then a chuckle!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I really want my elephants life! Who ARE those guys they are with?

Robberhood laughs and laughs? He and Sir Laughsalot should get along famously then! Perhaps Robberhood will draw Sir L over to the dark side! Oh that would be horrible!

I am worried about the DRAGONS! We NEED to protect the DRAGONS! There are 3 of them and I just knOw this thing is going to get them... *sigh* This is frustrating! And worse than that - I can't even FIND the driblet to TRY to decipher it!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

both your 55 is great! the storm's the fave one though... and i have to say oh yeah! to today's saying.

5:56 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Loved the humour in your first 55, and that opening quote is so true.

7:15 AM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Love the boat story. While I was reading, I was remembering how we got into a storm because we had to stop and help this other boat who tore its gears and couldn't make it in.It was heavy and as we pulled, the storm came nearer,the waves grew high and we were not even in open water, we were in an inlet.Can you imagine! Waves higher than your boat.
Other small fishing boats saw us struggling and came to break the waves in front. Then we ran out of gas because it took a lot of gas and a long time, to pull a vessel. So now two boats needed saving lol
Some one gave us gas and we finally made it in. Whew!What an adventure. A lot could have happened that day and not all of it good but God was with us to make sure it all ended well.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Always a good idea to have a dry run! LOL

9:00 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

I'm sort of a land-lubber myself Doc.
Thanks for that ending..hehehe
Excellent 55's my friend.
I appreciate your participation as well, on the other stories.
Have a Wonderful Week-End...G

9:33 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

LOL! That was funny! So they were trying to sail on land the first time!

10:39 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Good 55's Dr. Johm.

I think the driblets need to continue. People are slow.

10:52 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh, that is hilarious! Next time put the boat in the water, indeed.


And Robberhood, charity begins in the home, ya know!

I am going to like checking out your 55s!

11:02 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Cute boat story, made me smile.

11:24 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

I love dragons. I always have, not sure why. Tell your wife 'happy mothers day' for me. I have a post up for all moms!! ...and if you raised sons, you will love this!
stop by at: http://wackocrazy.blogspot.com

;)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

LOL...you made my day. Thanks for sharing this with us...Great humor..!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

great 55s. the first one cracked me up :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Liked your Flash Dr John!

Reminds me of the celtic fisherman's prayer

'Lord the sea is so big
and my boat is so small'

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful 55...both of them. Put the boat in the water LOL.

Rabbit, rabbit

5:40 PM  
Blogger roughterrain crane said...

The month of mixing memory and desire was over. Have nice days in the shining month.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

I'm glad to see that they are good Packers fans! This original Wisconsinite approves. :)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home