Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Award-For Me

Today's Link
Selma in the City

Today's Saying
What a miserable thing life is: you're living in clover, only the clover isn't good enough. ~Bertolt Brecht

Today's Pictures
Ella at the E.R.A. Museum

My esteemed blog has garnered another award.

A two word award.

First honest.
This blog is honest. It never lies ( almost never)

Second scrap
This blog is scrap. Scrap is stuff you throw away. Boy that is this blog.

Finally an award I deserve.
But there is always a but:
"The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or 2. Firstly you have to tell your readers 10 things about you they may not know, but that are true. Secondly you have to tag 10 people with the award."
Okay ten true things about me:

1. One big toe is bigger than the other. ( So I’m on the bottom of the barrel but it’s true)
2. I have two fingers with big arthritis bumps or lumps or whatever you call them.
3. My hair is not turning gray. ( Eat your hearts out older ladies)
4. I have a lot of scaring on my lungs from pneumonia ( I bet you really wanted to know that)
5. My lung Doctor’s name is Wilson like the guy that puts up with Dennis the Menace
6. I only get six hours of sleep a night ( that is not enough –believe me)
7. I have a picture of Jesus with the children hanging in my garage ( first thing you see as you drive in-how special is that)
8. I have a cemetery plot available to me in five different cemeteries ( Plan ahead)
9. I haven’t seen my false teeth in over a year ( I think they are at Pennies)
10. I have bruises all over my legs because the dog hits me.

And now I have to give back the award.
Why?
Because I refuse on some obscure but meaningful principle to choose from my huge group of blog friends ten.

And I really did like this award.
But wait I met half of the requirements so I am entitled to half of the award.







Which half shall I choose?
You decide. Leave me a comment saying honest or scrap.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Despite the fact that animals are disappearing three at a time life goes on in Pigeon Falls.
Tommy UK still finds time to walk hand in hand with Tammy and steal a kiss now and then. They are in love after all. He hasn’t told her about the ring. He thinks it’s a secret he should keep to himself.
Herman though puzzled by the latest driblet and ready for any emergency is teaching a Bible class at Last Lutheran.
Mrs. Trumble is busy being Mayor of one of the richest small towns in the UP since she is giving it the lottery money as it comes in.
Eino is still selling antique cars and doing car repairs.
People are grieving over lost pets only the wolves have nobody but the DNR to grieve over them.
Our dragons continue to fly over once a day which seems to many like a good thing.
The ghost piano player plays every morning on schedule and the empty shoes dance.
Nancy’s poltergeist pours coffee and juggles things.
You can feel fear in the air but nobody is sure of what they should be afraid of.
In Nancy’s coffee shop people are talking about how soon the past and the future will collide. Some are sure this time Pigeon Falls will be destroyed.

Wrap UP
She wasn't supposed to climb on that plane but she did. Then I found her swinging on a machine gun turret. I figured she was going to get us tossed out. But they were very nice. I think little elephants must have visited before.
Godd breathing day but very dull day. There was no laughing, no eating out, no visiting new places, no canasta, no Ella to take pictures of, and life was back in its rut. Melli left for home. My son called his wife's father died. So the day was even sadder. Lori is handling it well. I visited all my friend's blogs. That took a long time. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***************************************************************

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about letting Ella decide. I'm sure she would know. Dr. John...that comment about your false teeth and thinking you know where they are...I just about died with laughter.

1:53 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I vote for honest -- and speaking of honest, Thom is telling the truth. He lives two blocks away and I could hear him laughing all the way to my house. (I thought it was the neighbor, then I read Thom's comment.)

3:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well...honest is good but sometimes scrap is more fun.What does Ella say?

6:40 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh dear! You weren't counting on FICKLE readership....

I just got thinking... the dragons are in danger. BIG danger. There are 3 of them... I think we need a Noah somewhere to start rounding up two of each animal and keeping them separate so they don't become extinct...

My laptop feels like a stranger. I'm missing so many old friends... we'll be hittin' the road here soon.

7:25 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Honest...more compelling than scrap.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

I vote for the "HONEST" part.

I liked your Cain poem.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Honest for sure!

9:14 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I'm for Honest too but think you should put it on your sidebar and enjoy it.

Ella is a little monkey - well....you know what I mean.

Things are ramping up in Pigeon Falls and it's all so intriguing.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Me too, well deserved. And why not add it to the sidebar?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sylvia K said...

Yeah, I'll vote for honest, too! We all have enough crap -- sorry, scrap!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I vote for honest too. I love the quote of the day.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you are an honest guy. It is Ella I question ;)!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I don't know you well, so I will go with the crowd..honest, it is!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Thanks for mentioning my dad.

I enjoyed meeting Melli and her mil. It's not everyday you make a friend.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Connie T. said...

I got the award too, but I only did the 10 things about me and didn't pass it on either. I say keep both halves.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Go with honest, Dr. John!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Five cimetary plots ? Do you intend to have your body cut into 5 pieces to have 5 funerals ?
I imagine that your house seems dull after a storm like Melli, lol !

10:23 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

personally, i think you deserve both halves...

and don't you know it's not polite to mention gray hair in ladies company, hmmmmm, heee heee heee

10:33 PM  
Blogger Glennis said...

I am sure honest is the right piece to keep if you can only keep one piece. I say keep both, as a reminder to keep being honest!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well, there we have it -- I vote SCRAP! But I lose!

I just now found this day's wrap up... I'm glad Lori's dad is out of his misery - but it is sad for the family. I will be praying for all.

5:04 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

adidas nmd
lacoste polo
vapor max
nike epic react
lacoste polo
adidas stan smith
jordan retro 6
yeezy shoes
caterpillar boots
yeezy 500

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home