Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday 55- Dieing?

Today's Link
Whoa My Horses

Today's Saying
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. ~Mark Twain

Today's Pictures
Ella at Schreiner's Restaurant

Flash Fiction 55 -Dieing ?

Good intentions never got anybody into heaven the preacher said.
Was he good enough?
But then he wasn’t dead, yet.
He was sinking rather fast. He didn’t think he would make it .
He waited for the word from the man in the fancy suit coat.
Was he going to die or get the




new loan.

_________________________________________-
Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the second chapter in the ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Today Sir Laughsalot moved up a chair at King Underwear’s square table. He started at chair twelve and now is seated in chair two. If he would just stop laughing he could be in chair one. He could be top sword in the land, since number one has only one hand and lacks clapping power.

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.


Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal Constable Mike had reached the point where he hated to answer the phone. Since yesterday three sheep , three ducks, three pet hamsters, three rabbits, three homing pigeons, and three lamas had been reported stolen. He didn’t even know anybody was raising lamas in Pigeon Falls but they were and they had been stolen. His bulletin board was almost full. The only thing they all had in common was there was three taken. In addition the DNR thinks three moose are missing from the small moose herd in the area and Lois is worried because three of the deer that usually come to eat at the house haven’t shown up for several days. She is afraid either the wolves or the poachers got them. The State Police finally sent a solitary trooper but there wasn’t much he could do. There was no evidence of any kind to send to the Crime Lab. He commended Mike for his good work and left to report to headquarters. There was no real help there. In his spare time Mike is studying Petrovich’s recent translation of Driblet 67. It also has animals in groups of three. Mike decided he had better talk to Herman. The town may need a hero.

Wrap UP
Ella really likes eating out. She studies the menu with great care. You can see she had eggs and toast and is almost done in the above picture.
Had a really great day. I visited people who had posted Friday 55 but not the people who commented yesterday. I will try tomorrow morning. Then Melli came and we played canasta and I won. My sister Dawn called. Pennie came home and we went to Friar Tuck's for lunch, a really great restaurant. Then we went looking for a dairy as Melli wanted to see Cheese made. We found it but it only operated in the morning. I tried to get her to buy a cheese hat for Dennis but she refused. We came back to the house and Pat and the boys showed up. We played canasta and Melli and Betty trounced Pat and I. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Pigeon Falls...those poor animals...all in groups of 3..strange very strange. Great 55...I think nowdays trying to get a loan is almost like dieing. Great chapter two with Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood...I fell outta of my chair with laughter :)

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot how could I forget Ella...she looks full and satisfied...No wonder she wasn't helping with the Saffron Buns...she was too full from eating :)

2:09 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your second flash 55 is hysterical.

3:30 AM  
Blogger Evalinn said...

Nice 55s, u´re very creative! I liked the saying as well. :-) And Ella seems like a nice person!

4:14 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Dieing is a hoot. So apropos for these days in our history. And funny thing, you said mine was violent....it's just nature. As you also posted the quote from Mark Twain---a man who lives fully IS prepared to die at any time.

Happy Friday "Doc"

4:16 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Great Job Doc...
On both counts!!!
hehehehe...
Thank You so much for getting into this, and helping me inspire others.
You are a very cool dude!
Have a Wonderful Week-End

5:09 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

I thought that maybe Ella was being smart to skip the bacon and part of the eggs.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

I like your blog-clever and humorous!
That was a terrific 55, not what I was expecting.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Love those 55's!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh NO! To stop laughing can NOT be the only way for Laughsalot to become first chair! I think he shall have to duel the one handed first chair and WIN the spot!

I'm NOT gonna worry about these missing animals in Pigeon Falls! As long as the ELEPHANTS are safe... If Elephants, giraffes, and zebras start disappearing THEN it could be serious trouble. But rabbits and hamsters? I think the dogs got them! And llamas are most unreliable anyway. They will wander off and not even know they did it! (they're born with alzheimers!) Well... that's what I heard...

6:48 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Enjoyable 55s. Nicely done.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

It sounds like you're keeping Ella wonderfully entertained. It's been so fun to see her daily adventures.

7:50 AM  
Blogger aims said...

It's a good thing that the State Police only sent 1 trooper. If they had sent 3......

8:13 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I enjoyed the twist in the first 55 Dr John and the second episode of Sir Laughsalot :)

Ella looks stuffed (with food of course) ;)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

I have no fear of death, but I'd like the dying to not be painful.

Your Knightly Court had me laughing. Can't wait until next Friday!

I can't believe Ella left that bacon on her plate. when I put sausage on her plate she threw such a fit about barbaric meat eaters! Oh my, you should have heard her!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

It looks like Melli is having the time of her life here!!
Loved both 55 stories!!

12:05 PM  
Blogger One Prayer Girl said...

I liked both of your Flash 55s.

As I sometimes say "KUTGW" (Keep up the good work) -Grin-

PG

1:41 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

i love your 55s... too good!

2:35 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Nice 55 Dr John. I especially enjoyed your quote today.

Give Ella a hug from me.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home