Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Regret

I regret a lot of things
Including little fender dings
Not marking page in the book
All the time spent to look
Not going to Finland
Shoes filled with sand


Growing old so very fast
Wishing youth would last
Eating cake till I was sick
Every fight I ever pick
Not praying more every day
Writing poems this silly way

I regret most of all
Writing silly poems on call.
Prompts day after day
Throw them all away.

I hate prompts so there!
Not that you really care
You poets proud of all you’ve written
With your own stuff really smitten.
Hoping someone will see
Put it in a book for thee
Award you the top prize
Heads above the other guys.

Be glad that I am here
Don’t regret I’m near
Next to mine you really shine
Like a glass of fine wine.
Next to a table beer
Be glad I’m here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

BRAVO! I know YOU will shine next to MINE today! I'm finding that HOURS disappear in Neenah. I think this city sucks hours out of the day and NOBODY told me that I had so many fewer to deal with! I'm gonna wake mom up!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

That is not a poem to regret. I am happy I read it. Your lines flow very smoothly, like a cool G & T.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Yes, I enjoyed it too, Dr John!!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

We share the same poetry prompt regret. It is hard to write on demand for someone else's muse.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home