Tuesday, May 05, 2009

How I think

Today's Link
Mommy from the Midwest

Today's Saying
The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds. ~Will Durant

Today's Pictures
My Flowers-no snow

Did you ever wonder how you think. I did. Then I found this wonderful test on somebody's blog. Science now reveals how I think.



You Think Emotionally



Your brain works best when you are able to really get passionate about something.

You like to feel connected to whatever project you are working on. You crave meaning.



You work to bring people together, and you're always thinking of a way to compromise.

You believe that the only way to get things done is to have everyone in harmony.


Now I'm sure you better understand me.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
They had until noon to get ready to face a demon. They would have to face it or lose the town. Tommy UK and Herman met at Nancy’s Coffee Shop and a representative of the force from Homeland Security. They went over and over the driblet. The animals had to have something to do with all of this but what. Where was the rope they needed to cut? They had no answers and time was running out. Homeland Security felt sure that nothing could withstand the firepower in their new tank and they had the super weapons of the men in black. They had no doubt but they would win. Tommy UK was not that sure he had seen those men in black fail before and he didn't put much trust in tanks, not even super tanks. But this is all they had so it had to work.
Just before noon they got together on the street facing where the demon had last appeared. On the far side was Tommy Uk, then Herman, then the tank, and then the men in black with their special weapons. They were ready as the clock moved toward noon.
Would the demon come?

Wrap UP
Good day. My sister called and we talked about bidding on Ma's old house. She wants me to go ahead. I cut down my friend's list. I will now only keep people on the active list that leave a comment within the last seven days. I didn't throw the others away I moved them to my VWTA list ( Visit When Time Allows). In the afternoon we discovered there was no way the ramp we have was going to work with our car. Then we tried our new dirt auger and hit solid clay. Life can be problematic. I visited all the blogs that left comments in the last two days. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************

20 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I think Creatively! Your brain works best when you let your intuition be your guide.
You like to imagine, speculate, and fantasize. You have fun playing with ideas.

You are interested in theories. You enjoy studying and developing them.
You are drawn toward art, philosophy, and even math. Almost every subject is interesting to you.
This came as no surprise to me. Well, that's not true. I am surprised they got it right!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Much of the time it seems I try not to think unless I absolutely have to!
Love those tulips though. Our tulips -the few that we have planted -came up but apparently it was too early for them as the late-spring snow and cold did them in.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You Think Objectively

Your brain works best when you are able to think in steps.
You like procedures and routines. You are good at staying focused and on task.

You are excel at developing workable solutions to difficult problems. You simply look at the facts.
You have an excellent memory, and you are a quick thinker. You can sort out what's important from what's not.


somebody know me!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

It doesn't matter which organ you think with so long as you leave it in God's hands.
love the 2-Lips...great picture...what's better than roses on your piano?

7:17 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Quilly and I think exactly alike! GO FIGURE!!! I'm sure this little exercise has helped me to now have you ALL figured out!

ACK! Pigeon Falls is moving like a soap opera again! How many days can we stretch Monday out??? I want Tuesday to come!!! (and everything to be RIGHT!)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I saw Pigeon Falls at Melli's place. Absolutely amazing.

I think a quiz that can diagnois you in 4 questions is efficient.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Well, Dr. John, that wasn't a big surprise for us that you think emotionally. Blessed are the Peacekeepers.

Apparently I think creatively. Doomed are they that create mischief. :)

8:43 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

another creative thinker, according to the test, and i can't really disagree...

nice to see tulips blooming at your place

10:06 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

MWM often says he wonders how I think! (wink)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think objectively as well. hmmmm

Happy Cinco De Mayo

Pigeon Falls is so odd

11:07 AM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Another Emotional thinker here!
I clearly need to plant some yellow tulip bulbs in the fall. My pink and purple ones just aren't making me happy in my soul.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I also think Objectively, I always thought I thought with my heart and not my brain.

Go Figure these tests.

12:17 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

I think..........
You Think Concretely

Your brain works best when you are able to see or visualize what you're thinking about.
You have an both an eye for detail and for the big picture. You study things carefully.

You are in tune with all of your senses, and you think better with a clean workspace.
You are open to all sorts of input. You are a free thinker who lives in the now.

1:03 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

I also try to escape thinking but issues force themselves into your home and into your life and you see people are not thinking or not thinking clearly.
I always thought every one was smarter than me so I had nothing to say.The world existed before me and will exist after me.It just keeps rolling along and the only thing I think about is how lucky I am that I have no wars to deal with. I have food on the table. I have a life, a family, love. Struggles .. well we all have those as well.
One day I found out people were talking but didn't know what they were talking about so I decided more regular people need to talk than just the pressure groups which make it sound like we all agree?
We don't all agree.Which is ok.
But if you are going to talk about something, know the other side.
Ask yourself what is the consequence of this thought or desire or this belief? Who will be hurt by it?
Thats how I think :)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to that test and after deciding that my real answer to the first several quesiotns was "well, it depends," I gave up. I don't think my thinking is that categoriazable.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

I liked that quiz..concrete headed here.
I just realized your fortress header. That is funny.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I think objectively!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Amber Star said...

Please don't feel obligated to stop by my blog while the denizens of Pigeon Falls are in the middle of an assault by the demons, but maybe one day you could stop by.

I read about your Pigeon Falls a last summer, but got sidetracked and didn't get back until now. I have been friends with Melli for a good long time and was so glad she got to visit your family. I certainl enjoyed reading about her visit and seeing one of your dragons in the city.

I was the one who was thunderstruck when you told me Robert Jordan had died. You might remember those posts. I was so upset, but had a feeling he wasn't doing too well. It had gotten to where he was almost copying and pasting parts of the books. Bless his heart.

Oh dear...I just saw there is a Socks Personality Test where the Thinking thing was. I'm off to check that one out. Probably something that goes along with the way I think and all.

Take care and remember we'll see ya when we see ya.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Of course as I am not curious at all I had to do the thinking test too and found out that I think creatively :
Your brain works best when you let your intuition be your guide.
You like to imagine, speculate, and fantasize. You have fun playing with ideas.
You are interested in theories. You enjoy studying and developing them.
You are drawn toward art, philosophy, and even math. Almost every subject is interesting to you.
But : I am not inetested at all in theories and hate math ! the rest could be true. So you made spring cleaning within your blog friends, lol ! Some certainly are very dusty !

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jientje said...

And another creative mind! I'm sure nobody will be surprised!!!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home