Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Little People

Today's Link
Creative Arts Anonymous

Today's Saying
I think that people who can't believe in fairies aren't worth knowing. ~Tori Amos

Today's Picture
Our Tulips as good as they got.

The world we live in has for the most part lost touch with the world of fairies, elves, goblins, gnomes , and other little people. People just don’t believe in them anymore. We no longer hear them singing in the meadow or see them dancing in the moon light. This is so sad and we have lost so much.
The good news is there still is a country that believes. A country where the government and the elected officials make laws to protect them.
Does that surprise you ?
It surprised Alcoa Inc. when they prepared to build an aluminum smelting plant in that country. It was forced to hire an expert to examine the area where it wanted to build. This caused a six month delay in the construction and the loss of hundreds of dollars.
The task of the expert was not to assure the plant wouldn’t be ecologically harmful. That Alco could understand.
No! The task of the expert was to assure the government and the company that none of the little people lived under or on the land.
“Little people” , not endangered tree frogs or rare white field mice. No the government had laws protecting the habitat of the little people.
Believe me to Alco this was no laughing matter.
Eventually the expert certified the land free of little people. Thus it was okay to build there.
What wonderful country is this that still believes ?
Well it’s not far from the US.
It is Iceland home of elf-like goblins. You do not want to tick them off.
One has to wonder if there is a goblin party. The GIA ( Goblins in Iceland ) party. There slogan could be “ We protect our Goblins”. In Iceland that should get you elected. After all the goblins will be working for you and strange things will happen to your opponents.
We have conservatives and liberals and thought that was bad enough but a goblin party.
It is good to know that we live in a wonderful world and the little people are still part of it.
Just think of all the wonderful stories and poems that now take on new meaning.
Iceland we just love you.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
With the startling appearance of Oops the fighting stopped.
The demon began to laugh. “ What took you so long?” He said. “ I knew you would come. Now my revenge will be complete. I will destroy you and these two miserable humans .”
“ You are in violation of inter –dimensional law” she said.” You are forbidden to use life forms from another dimension to provide you with power”.
“ So arrest me “ he said sarcastically , “ Where are the Enforcers?”
“They have been summoned and will arrive soon. Unless you cease you will get the maximum penalty.” she said.
“ By the time they get here you and your friends will have been destroyed. I will have taken all the life force from all the animals and I will be so powerful not an Enforcer in the universe can touch me.” He said.
Then he waved his hand and the battle started again.
In that short time he had increased dramatically in power and the three of them were having a hard time defending themselves let alone attacking the demon.
Oops sent a mental message to Tommy and Herman telling them that their only hope was to hang on until the Enforcers came.
Tommy knew how to cut off the power sources but he needed all of his power just to survive and thus was unable to trace anymore of the vines or pipes or whatever they were.
It really looked hopeless.
Will the enforcers get there on time? Can Pigeon Falls Survive?

Wrap UP
For those of you who wondered which of yesterday's answers was wrong. The answer was supposed to be the last one. Since it stated that one of the answer's was false. All the answers before it were true so it has to be the false one. But if all the other answers are true then it is false and if it is false it is true that one of the answers is false so it is true. But if it's true then none of the answers are false and it is false and we go round again. I have created an accidental enigma or conundrum.
I can't believe I wrote that this morning. I'm not even sure what it means. I have had a good day even though the planet Mercury is doing something or another. We finished the plant stand. It is now in place. Life is good. I visited all the blogs that left comments yesterday and a few others. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************************

23 Comments:

Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John as a Man of God that you are we must have Faith this is True, but then we know that you like to Pull our Chain every once in awhile.

Did enjoy the read.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

I'm packing up for Iceland, just have to get my passport updated...I'm afraid the photo is a bit outdated as the redhead pictured therein has not a touch of grey that now inhabits this head of mine! But perhaps a touch of fairy dust?
Hurry Enforcers!!!
Sandi

2:21 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

Would love to visit Iceland and meet the believers over there.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Thank you kindly for dropping by and leaving your comment wishing Bud and me a happy anniversary. It meant a lot to me, truly. Happy Tuesday.

3:41 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

What I love is that you FOUND the story about Alcoa and the Little People... and shared it with us! I would have never known! And of course, I DO believe in faeries and little people... it saddens me greatly when others don't!

GOOOOOOOOO TRIO! Pigeon Falls WILL NOT FALL!!!

I knew the last answer was the one yesterday - and I bloggled it around in my mind for awhile and decided it was true enough to be false! But really, you're right - you created a MESS!

I hope you have BETTER luck with your plant stand! And add some bone meal to the soil with your tulips this fall and next year they will be better! (this from the woman who kills everything...)

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that there are Little People in Iceland...I would love to visit. I do believe in them. Oooh I hope the Enforcers get there real soon. Pigeon Falls has to survive. I'm so confused as to which answer was true...indeed and enigma :) Aloha

7:53 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I never have any luck with tulips.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Your tulips are beautiful. I believe in little people. Tommy, Herman and Oops must save Pigeon Falls. I couldn't bear it if they didn't.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I believe in the little people. If you look closely, you can see some in the pictures of your garden.

Thank goodness for the people in Iceland who have common sense. :-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I didn't know that about Iceland - I want to go there now! I believe in the little people. :)

10:40 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

there's still place for magic in this world!

can't the dragons do anything to distract the demon? or the poltergeist?

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I thought the last one was false but now I am confused so I will disregard you statement. (I disregard a lot these days...my latest hobby).

I think a trolley that goes back and forth would look cool on the bricks going down the length of the tulips.

Feel free to disregard this suggestion...it is fun to disregard!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And why did Alcoa want to build in Iceland in the first place? On the other hand we need more little people in our lives.

11:23 AM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

I believe in little people as well. They have little horses now so why not little people?
I am surprised little people would live in Iceland, cause its pretty cold up there.
I know South America had some but they aren't faeries or goblins.
I still believe there is a master race living under water somewhere, we don;t know about.
Now that could be a conspiracy theory lol

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Your flowers are better than my weeds. Except maybe the dandelions. They are kind of pretty.

Come on, Oops. Help Tommy cut off the power.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was sure it was going to be Ireland. Iceland, eh? Hmmmm...
Your tulips are much prettier than ours were. Happy Spring!

I'll have my meme up tomorrow.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I believe in fairies, I believe in fairies.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked the above link out. I certainly wouldn't burn a book about ghosts, but I'd probably not read it either.

I think I will forever be reminded of The Wizard of Oz when I see the term "little people."~Mary

3:41 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Little people in Iceland? I will have to and check.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Bz said...

Two things ...
1. Are you kidding about the "fairies' thing?!? ...or were they looking for a cemetery of sorts?
and
2. Love the tulip pics.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I never really believed in fairy things elfs and such stuff even when I was a little girl. Actually I was a very down to earth little girl, I am getting more fairy tales believing now, lol ! My son has been in Iceland and the pictures he showed me looked like a fairy land !

11:14 PM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

Well I love all the stories of elves and goblins. We've lost so much of our selves by ditching the spirit of wonder and storytelling that used to enrich culture.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I did have a hunch it would be your last answer!!! And about the planet Mercury? I think it hated me yesterday and the past days!
Or else it's the little people trying to give me a hard time!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home