Friday, May 15, 2009

Flash Friday 55

Today's Link
Today's Saying
What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet? An organ donor. ~David Perry

Today's Picture
Old Family home we are bidding on today

Flash Fiction 55 -Mercy

“Mercy” the frail old lady cried as they carried her through town toward the stake
“No mercy for witches”, they responded.

“Mercy” she cried again.



But they were in no mood for mercy. They put her down at the stake.



“Then there will be no mercy for you“,






she said and turned them into green frogs.

___________________________________________

Since I discovered it was okay I am writing a second flash 55 which will be a continuous story but a complete story every week. Here then is the fifth chapter in the exciting ongoing adventures of Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood

Good King Underwear’s Square Table has problems. His first Chair Knight just lost a leg fighting Robberhood. His second Chair Knight won’t stop laughing.. His third Chair Knight tips over easier than the one with one leg. And if all this was not bad enough the Square Table itself has been attacked by angry termites.
__________________________________________

Last week Thursday I started a story which I thought would be done on Saturday but it spiraled out of control and is back today. I hope to finish it tomorrow.

Attorney Don T Winmuch. Having been filled in secretly by the Police Chief now told the DA about the woman that was there when the Orchestra leader was shot. He demanded that Charles be released immediately.
The DA was so angry she turned purple. It was sad because purple was definitely not her color.

To be continued tomorrow

Of course the dragons will be busy today you can see them HERE.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.
News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Oops was not sure they could hold out much longer. The demon was still gaining power and was trying to box them in so he could draw all of their power into himself. She had only a moment or two to decide on keeping their power out of his hands by killing all of them. She wasn’t sure she could bring herself to do it.
Then everything changed. The demon continued to wave his hands but they no longer felt the pressure of his power bursts. In addition he no longer seemed to be growing. Tommy UK used his special vision and said it looks like something has cut all the vines or tubes leading to the demon. But they hadn’t seen anything. How did it happen?
At the same time the demon seemed to be getting angrier and angrier and was firing his power bursts wildly but they didn’t seem to be going anywhere. What in the world was going on?
Tommy UK said to Oops whatever is going on this is a chance to let the animals go. So she took one side and he took the other and as fast as they could they traced the tubes and opened the doorways. Out came wolves, moose, cow, pigs, chickens, dogs, cats, rabbits, bears, and on and on. If the demon ever broke loose there would be no batteries left for him.
But what was holding it and why?

Wrap UP
Busy day. I have bid twice on the house. I put Sunday's bulletin on the Church website. I visited all of the flash 55 blogs that had so indicated when i checked in to G-man. Betty and I finished the bird house stand. we will put it out tomorrow. We made a batch of saffron buns with a new recipe I visited all the blogs that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
***********************************************

30 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another great 55...wonderful and I love the second one...termites...LOL. Excellent as usual

1:20 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

You do have a way with words.

2:21 AM  
Blogger anthonynorth said...

I just love the world you create in your posts. Excellent :-)

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The organ donor & Burn Witch Burn made me laugh ;-)(but very true on the first one). I've been reading a few 55's, I'd not known that was going around......~Mary

3:36 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

That'll show 'em! Love the 55 this week, Dr. John!

Mine's posted too, it's "Haunting". Have a great weekend.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

It never ceases to amaze me what people do with the 55! This one was a real treat. Thanks, Dr. John!

I'm an avid bicyclist..so loved the quote too!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

I just love how you name them. Don T Winmuch!! LOL!!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I hope your's is the winning bid.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

anything with witches immediately grabs me. great 55 dr. john!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh your 55's were TOP NOTCH today! Allllll of them! I can't even pick a favorite! I am feeling verrrrry sorry for Good King Underwear though... and not too sorry for the DA!

Ohhhhhh good GRIEF! This IS Pigeon Falls after all... of course a totally UNexplained rescue would occur! We can't have the town folks knowing anything about anything! That would just mess up EVERYTHING! ROFL! I shoulda known...

God's blessings on your bidding today! I really pray you guys GET that house! That would be so cool!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Green frogs and termites...I wonder if the green frogs could hop on over and devour the pesky termites? Good stuff, Dr. John! Have a wonderful Friday. :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Baron's Life said...

to be continued tomorrow...how very frustrating...Love the story so far

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Hah, green frogs! Good one.

Quite the mystery you got going on at Pigeon Falls.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Wait. What? said...

Loved this 55!

8:26 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Hey Doc...I bet she had a way with 'warts' as well!

Thank you for this whimsical twisty 55...I loved it!

And I really appreciate you supporting the other writers..Thanks.

Have a Wonderful Week-End...G

8:33 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

They should have listened to her and shown her mercy! Riddip Riddip! LOL

8:39 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I will share todays saying with my Little T.

9:18 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Anthonynorth said it perfectly for me.

ditto.

(how I really wanted you to say - mooses - you have no idea!)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Loved the 55, very well done, with an unexpected ending.

9:52 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

your 55s are just too good!

i reckon we'll have to wait until monday to find out who cut the vines

12:08 PM  
Anonymous quilly said...

So, was it the ghost, who gave up piano playing long enough to cut the cords, or was it an answer to a prayer? -- Or both.

12:10 PM  
Blogger A Lady's Life said...

Loved the witch and froggies.
The part with the chairs was funny as well. Well done lol

:)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Love the definition of a cyclist :)

LOL! I wonder if the frog prince of the grimms and anderson's fairy tales was one of those!

Great 55vE!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

How long does the bidding go on the house? The suspense is KILLIN' me!

Was the new bun recipe BETTER? You must let me know -- I haven't made mine yet, and since I didn't get them made of Mother's Day weekend, I'm going to hold off until Krysti gets home because I want her to be able to try them. I'm anxious to make them though!

6:27 PM  
Anonymous ciara said...

haha maybe they should have shown her mercy? great 55. enjoyed the 2nd one, too :) is that your childhood home at top? good luck w the house.

7:42 PM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Great story..for some reason it wouldnt let me comment yesterday..

Hope yu have the winning bid:)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Donnetta said...

You are certainly a busy man! Enjoyed your 55er and also all your other thoughts. The house has a lot of character. Good luck! D

7:36 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ah agent 012's mother brought him up properly!

Stinray blood makes you more virile? Can you buy it?? ;)

I'm always amazed how you fit 15 words into one sentence!

Great writing Dr. John. :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger CordieB said...

Cool 55's. No mercy weaves no mercy, I suppose. Sir Laughsalot and Robberhood are quite the riot! Purple's any woman's color...come now! Nice family home; hope you guys get it at a fair bid. News from Pigeon Falls has a Steven King touch to it...can't wait for the continuing saga...great writing goings on here!

And yes, you have been quite busy.

Blessings....CordieB

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 55's. Frogs and termites oh my next it'll be locus. LOL ;-)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home