Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oelf's Allergy-A Quilly Story

Today's Link
In the Gutter

Today's Saying
Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, political parties, nations, and eras it's the rule. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Today's Picture
Click on picture to learn about Dr. John's Mother
It is time for a Quilly Story using Quilly’s three words for the day which are :sternutation; zoilist; anopisthograph ( click on the words for a definition)

It was sternutation after sternutation after sternutation. If Olef didn’t stop sneezing now he would never finish the beautiful parchment anopisthograph he was working on. To make matters worse, his boss, a zoilist if ever there was one, wanted it done by noon.
He had already taken three of the pills his Doctor had prescribed. The one’s that said “ don’t take five hours before driving heavy machinery”. They really went much help in working on fine parchment anopisthographs either. All of the letters seemed to spin around on the page. They certainly hadn’t stopped his constant sternutation .
He only sneezed here in the office. What ever he was allergic to had to be here. But what? The parchment? The special pencils? He hoped not he had to make a living after all.
Then , like a miracle, the sneezing stopped. He was able to continue his work on the parchment anopisthograph . It was going to be his best work ever.
That’s when the old zoilist himself appeared. “ Is that the best you can do for the exorbitant salary I pay you.” he said.
Olef ‘s sternutation almost blew the door off of the office but now he knew what caused his allergy..


And of course a little quivel for the poetic zoilists.

The anopisthograph lied
In the writing on one side
So the little girl cried
On it she had relied

He picked he picked he picked at you
The zoilist who made you blue.
With him I hope your through.
And we’ll be a happy crew.

The sternutation left its mark
Upon the window now so dark
In the car where he did park
To watch the little singing lark.

My sternutation flew across the room
Sounding like a sonic boom.
My friend the zoilist said take a pill
I said someday soon I will
But first the doctor’s anopisthograph I needed
I’d get that when my cries were heeded.

With Writing
always anopisthograph
Spring Comes

sternutation
Goo Goo Goo
Big cone

Winter
Hitonious
Zoilist

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
The constable was called to the museum this morning. It seems somebody stole the mechanical white rabbit during the night. It’s gone , vanished. It certainly couldn’t leave on its own so it had to be stolen. There were , however, no signs of a break in. The door was still locked , all the windows secure, and the alarm system in place and operative. But it’s gone.
No longer will it greet people coming into the museum with a wink and a wave. Children will no longer be able to climb on it. Museum workers won’t be able to tell the White Rabbit story, the truth with just a few embellishments. Now there is a big empty space where the White Rabbit was.
The constable plans on questioning both Mrs. Trumble and Tommy UK given their previous relationship to the mechanical being. But he doesn’t think they did it. So he is also gathering a list of everybody that has a key to the museum and who knows the alarm codes.
Somebody suggested that the ghost piano player got tired of the noise the white rabbit made when it winked and waved and he vaporized it.
The investigation is ongoing.
Somebody finally saw that poor man on the roof of the Masonic building and arranged to gt him down. Boy when he gets back to his ghost hunters group will he have a story to tell. Not that anybody will believe him. Would you believe somebody who said that he was dumped on the roof of a building by an invisible poltergeist? No! you’d check his bar bill.
Wrap UP
The dragons have written five Quilly stories one for each dragon. They can be seen here. Started the morning by visiting blogs listed as having Quilly's words in a story. Just a great group of blogs.I started looking ahead to upcoming blogs. Did some more research on blogs to become "today's link". I listed three engines on e-Bay. Then I visited every blog that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**********************************************************************

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story Dr. John. I think I am allergic to my new boss. She makes my right eyelid twitch.

I don't want to be a zoilist, so I'm not going to quibble about your quivel.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And having just read about your mom I have to add, it is no wonder you turned out so well! We could all use a mom like that!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

what will the children climb upon!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

I was amazed and touched by the newspaper article about your mother, Dr. John. Your whole family (yourself included) had a big heart to nurture so many small children. It cannot have been easy.

5:24 AM  
Blogger bettygram said...

I may not have sternutation when I hear a Zoilist but I do have bad feelings.

5:31 AM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

What a great article about your mom, Dr. John! I can't even imagine having 67 babies in one's home (not all at the same time, of course).

I skipped over your Quilly story as that is not my thing....sometimes I read your Pigeon Falls soap-opera and sometimes I don't...but I always enjoy dropping by your blog.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Me? Showing YOU?
You must be joking! That bad eh?

Heehee!
Your mother must have been SOME woman, raising 67 babies! I can imagine having to say goodbye to them again was heartbreaking at times.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Another great quote to open your post Dr John, amazing story about your mum, and great wordplay...as well as the ever entertaining pigeon falls - all together a blog for all seasons, inspiring and enjoyable as always....

7:27 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Dr J~ the world needs more like your mama! She was a gift from God.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Your mother is a saint. I know another woman like that, too. They've had over 100 foster children now. It takes an extra-special woman with the support of an extra-special family to care for those babies. You have good reason to be proud of your mama! I see Jesus when I look at her picture.

Did you know that when writing haiku, if you need a 5 syllable word, you can always just write "refrigerator." Works every time.

9:42 AM  
Blogger aims said...

It's been quite a journey this morning Dr. John. From the awe-inspiring story of your mother to the dragon's quilly.

Wowza!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

John Linna! It is NO wonder you are the wonderful man that you are! You just take straight after your mother!!! And father! What an awesome family you have... and what an example of LOVE your parents were to you! And to soooooo many others! I don't know how your mother did it! I would get so attached to those babies! I would have wanted to adopt every one of them! Oh, I can't wait to hear stories when I get there!

And speaking of stories... I'm glad Olaf discovered his allergy ... but ummm... that's a hard one to cure!

That poor rabbit. Pigeon Falls has more dilemmas with that rabbit... I just wonder WHAT it could be THIS time!?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Lovely article about your mother. And of course your word challenges were as clever and creative as always. Well done.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet if you take a poll Dr. John that most of us have a sternutation or two when bosses arrive. Great story. The poor children in Pigeon Falls. Call in the Leprechauns :) Wonderful article on your mother

11:46 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

The Doc is IN

...and thank God, cuz I've miss all the stories. I'm back after a very long and well needed break.

Stop by and say hi.

¸.•*¨ƸӜƷ Starbender ƸӜƷ¨*•.¸

11:47 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

your mother was an amazing woman.

i don't think allergy to bosses is such a rare condition, only the symptoms may vary.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

A great "saying of the day" again. I have not been around much these last days for commenting. I had to prepare a presentation for the "Swiss Humanitarian Aid" day.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

Dr. J, no wonder you need breathing treatments, with all the dust on those old anopisthographs you've been digging through and writing about, lol. You are an amazing writer, I so enjoy coming to read what you've come up with. Great Quivell. I'm going to have to try my hand at those one time soon. Will head over to the Dragon Lair to read what those perspicacious fire breathers have come up with... but it must wait until tomorrow.

1:29 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

I enjoyed reading about your mother. What a beautiful soul. And I thought that your quivel was wonderful in all its various forms. :)

5:54 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

iniki
michael kors outlet online
tory burch
balenciaga
kate spade handbags
links of london
nike flyknit racer
ferragamo belt
nmd
balenciaga shoes

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home