Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Lemonade

Today's Link
Dancing on a Blade of Grass

Saying for the Day
The kindest word in all the world is the unkind word, unsaid. ~Author Unknown

Picture of the Day
Betty's Grandmother





ANNOUNCING



I have received another prestigious award.

The Lemonade Award
Why you may ask has my humble blog been so honored ?

It could be because this blog takes the sour facts of everyday living and adds a little sugar and thus makes life just a little better.
It could be but it’s not.

It could be because this blog is as cute as a little kid selling lemonade. Now that’s cute.
It could be but its not.

It could be because this blog constantly reminds us of the good old days when times were simpler.
It could be but it’s not.

Why then did this blog get this magnificent award?

Sadly it is because of an odd comment.

Not that comment content was odd . It probably wasn’t.

You see Akelamalu had so many people to give the award to that she chose to separate them into getting and not getting by the number of their comments on a previous blog.
All the odd ones got the award.
Our comment was odd.

So I want to say that I feel odd in accepting this award but as odd as I feel I’ll take any award I can get for any reason.

Let this also be a lesson to you lurkers. Leaving a comment could get you an award. Leaving two comments covers both odd and even. You can’t lose. So stop lurking and start commenting.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Now the demon moved forward slowly again. It had stood so long in one place there was a large puddle of blacktop material where it had been standing. Suddenly it stopped and the flame on one side flickered. It moved back a step and tried to raise the arm on that side but couldn’t. Suddenly it was shooting flame into the air with the other hand. It would seem to be doing battle with the poltergeist and the poltergeist was cutting off the oxygen trying to put its fire out. Little by little it seemed to be winning as the flames died down. Then suddenly there was brilliant white flash and a burst of power from the demon so powerful it knocked over garbage cans and melted the bumper on Bob Maki’s car. But the poltergeist hung on and the flames on one side were just about out. Then another burst of power, this time with a deep red flash. Bob Maki’s car melted and the little storage building at the end of the street collapsed. But the poltergeist hung on and over half of the demon was just about out. The demon moved back slightly. Then came another flash , multi colored this time. It seemed to be directed down as the street rippled and the demon rose into the air. The closest street lamps exploded from the pressure. Then the demon burst into flame. The poltergeist had lost.
The demon began its slow movement up the street. Suddenly one lonely figure blocked its way.
To be continued

Wrap UP
Another great day. My oxygen was up in the low normal range. I went all day without the little bottle. The software I was waiting for came. My sister Dawn called. The usually unreliable sources predicted it would be above freezing on Friday. The sun came out today. Wow! A great day! Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
****************************************************

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

[:-)

3:21 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

I see the word verification is conive - so how could I resist from posting a comment after seeing that?I shall now go back to sipping my lemonade...

4:18 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Oh, oh, oh! You've left me hanging in suspense! Who is the lone figure blocking the way? Is s/he going to say "You've got two minutes to get out of Pigeon Falls. This town isn't big enough for both of us?" :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I am glad you had a good breathing day yesterday....if that is not an odd comment, I do not know what is.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I'm always glad when you have a good breathing day! (and I don't even WANT an award!) I DO LOVE that Akelamalu was SO honest about how she dispersed them! LOL! That is funny!

Oh dear! Oops to the rescue? Something tells me! (at least this calamity will leave WORK for the citizens of Pigeon Falls!)

6:35 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

It's like an episode of the old Batman tv show!

Tune in tomorrow ... Same Pigeon time ... Same Pigeon channel. :)

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the lone figure at the end of the street the long missing White Rabbit? Is Pigeon Falls about to be served roast hassenpfeffer as its last meal?

My server seems to be done. I don't know how long my blog will stay lost in the either, but it's already been TEN HOURS!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hum...sounds like Stephen King could visit soon for a new book?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I liked todays quote.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Congratulations on the Award Dr John, as for being odd or even, I've been an Odd one all my life, ask my friends.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL you have a mindboggling knack of explaining things Dr. John (wink)

1:30 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

its nice to see pictures of realitives that I didn't know.
:)

1:57 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I never did quite see the point of this award as it travelled around the blogosphere. Now I am more confused than ever. Still stuff it in the sidebar, you deserve awards for your blog even if you did acquire it serendipitously.

5:58 PM  
Blogger loisontheweb said...

I always like your old family photos! Even your baby pixture.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

It is not that it could be. It simply is. You get awards for your blog, because your blog deserves awards. By adding a little sugar to the sour facts of life, you show us, indeed, that life, in spite of everything, is still very sweet.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Congratulations to your "odd" award, lol ! I got it too but long time ago and not with this story. I don't even remember who gave it to me. There are so many awards floating around ! I thought about making an award for those who have the most of awards, lol !

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home