Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mighty Mouse Returns

Today's Link
Lovin and Livin Life in the Ozarks

Saying for the Day
After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done. ~Author Unknown

Picture of the day
Betty's Uncle Kenneth Mallmann

Sometimes events in the real world make you wonder if some cartoon characters aren’t real.
Remember Mighty Mouse. He spent his time saving mice everywhere from the evil cats. ( My apology to cat lovers but I didn't write the script).
Now comes this news item:
A few animals were rescued from an early morning fire at a Humane Society shelter in Oshawa, Ontario, in December, but cats suffered heavy casualties, with nearly 100 perishing. The Fire Marshal's office said the blaze was probably started by a mouse chewing through electrical wires.
It seems to me that Mighty Mouse was there to save the day.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
At nine o’clock last night there was a knock on the parsonage door. The man who stood there looked nice enough. He was well dressed , clean shaven, and he drove a well kept white van. When Pastor Joan answered the door he told her he needed to use a phone because his van had broken down. She, of course, invited him in.
That’s when he pulled the gun. “ I know you and the kid are alone” he said, “ I know your husband is out of town. I want you to fill this bag with money and valuables and if I’m happy with what’s in it I won’t kill you.“
He loved the look of terror that always came on the victims face when he said that. It was half the fun of doing what he did. Someday, he really would kill somebody just to see what it felt like.
Pastor Joan said, “ There isn’t much cash in the house and I don’t believe in wasting money on jewelry. I’m afraid you picked the wrong house.”
“ Don’t give me that. I know you got a big check from Publisher’s Clearing House. There has to be cash here somewhere.” He grunted
“It’s in the bank”, she replied.
He thought “ I guess this is when I find out what it’s like to kill somebody.”
Suddenly Oops said “Oops!” and smiled.

Wrap UP
Another really rough breathing day. I may just have to get used to them. I slept very poorly last night. This morning I blogged, had breakfast and went back to bed. In the afternoon they brought a new oxygen concentrator as the old one was making some odd noise.I visited some of my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************************************

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Poor kitties! They were probably busy trying to save other animals.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ya know... I always LOVED Mighty Mouse... but I'm not sure I care for this snippet you shared today!

I DO however LOVE Oops! Yes I do!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Yes, of course! I remember Mighty Mouse and can still hear the music as well as seeing him fly across that black and white screen!

He used to be on a show where a fellow showed Mighty Mouse and Popeye cartoons.

The show was called Bart's Clubhouse and Bart always wore this sailor's hat, read birthdays, displayed new toys up in his special attic (!) (complete with ladder) and showed cartoons.

Sometimes Bart had a fireman or policeman on the show - it was all great fun and all extremely local.

One night when I was in my 20s I actually met Bart in a little bar in Mason City, Iowa. By that oint in life I had come to realize that people are people even if they host a children's show.

Bart was very pleasant and liked the fact I remembered his show. I don't think HE remembered too much that night or the next day - but, well, people are peope some times....

I still have good memories of him and his show.

Take care.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I used to watch Mighty Mouse on Saturday Mornings. I can remember sitting in my Grandparents Sun Room watching it with my Grnadfather repeating the "Save the Day" line in the backround.

Yet I feel bad for the kitties.

Also, I am beginning a "featured Blog" on my Sidebar. Yours was the first I have added, with more to come!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

The quote of the day is oh so true. I have thought that one good thing about cell phones is if someone is in distress (or says they are), I can let them use my cell phone without letting them into my house. They might steal the cell phone but I could deal with that.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Oops! And then what???? I can hardly wait for the next installment!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I used to watch all those old cartoons. Mighty Mouse rocked, but that is why we like cartoons I guess. I once found a nest of mice in my good winter coat which they had ruined for the most part.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Aw the poor kitties, that mouse has a lot to answer for!

12:46 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

i don't suppose i say often enough that i love your old photos.

poor kitties. they could use some oops magic

12:51 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Breathing is one of those things that a person don't really think about until they can't. I pray that the new oxygen concentrator gives you some improvement.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your name on a couple of blogs I visit as "Dr. John" and I was curious. I am sorry to read of your breathing problems. I struggled for a year with oxygen at home following a severe case of pneumonia and had a concentrator. I finally got rid of that, but I am always some infection away from being in trouble again due to my MS...I hope you can get it under control..I couldn't find what the exact issue was..but I really sympathize with you.. Michelle..

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Oops just melt the guy's gun barrel, or send him off to prison, land him naked on the steps of the capitol building, or stick him in a police line so his previous victim could identify him?

12:58 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

Sorry to hear you had a bad breathing day after poor sleep. I thought it was bad to just have poor sleep. Baby in the house...he was in a playful mood in the middle of the night after screaming for awhile. One forgets how that is tiring after all these years.

Sunday is the big day! I hope I'm awake enough to enjoy it. We (the mom and dad) will have a good view as we are in the choir, which is on the same platform as the altar. I made the stole, the design of which will be a surprise. Thanks for posting on her blog. I'll keep you posted.

7:09 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I'm very sorry about the breathing difficulties. I've had some of those days myself - they are frightening. You are in my thoughts and prayers for relief.

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed you today, Dr. John. I hope you are feeling well.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home