Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cofffee Halucinations

Today's Link
Country Roads

Saying of the Day
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

Picture of the Day
Great Aunt Dora in Cornwall Long Ago

Every day I get in my e-mail something called “ Health News”. I don’t remember ever asking for it or checking a little box that I want it but it comes anyway.
It is full of health related facts and a few adds. I ignore the adds.
But the facts are sometimes interesting.
The other day there was an article on some research being done by an English University. It seems they have discovered that people who drink more than seven cups of coffee a day are prone to hallucinations. They tend to hear and see things that aren’t there.
Voices tell them what to do.
I read that and thought that can’t be right.
I used to drink a lot of coffee and the only hallucinations I ever had was when I was coming out of the coma in the hospital and the coma was not coffee induced. Those hallucinations were caused by CO2 in the bloodstream.
But yesterday I saw something on television that makes me think it might be true.
I saw a bunch of people standing on house roofs hollering about how wonderful their coffee was.
No sane person would do that.
What sane person goes out on a house roof to begin with?
If you want to tell how good your coffee is you use a cell phone.
No they were hearing voices telling them to go and proclaim coffee from the roof top.
The whole dang neighborhood was on coffee.
The next time you see them on the TV and they come on every day stop and think.
Just a few more cups and it could be you up there. If I hadn’t already quit drinking coffee I would certainly quit now.
I can hardly walk on the grass.
No roofs for me.
I don’t care what the voices say.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Well Petrovich published as much of Driblet 427 as he has. It read as follows.
It was a beautiful Winter day in the City of the Birds.
A bird sang.
The snow looked so white and clean.
Then it came.
From the very pit of Hades.
Shooting fire.
Oozing fire.
A demon ,
A horrible demon.
Snow melted near it.
It started down the main street.
The flying beast tried to stop it.
Fire met fire.
The beast lost.
That which is but is not tried to stop it.
It failed.
Then it spoke in a horrible voice.
Words I should not understand.
But I knew the meaning.
“ I can not be defeated”
“ I will take what is mine”.
“ You have no power to stop me”.
“ No where on Earth is that power.”
But ………
The last part of the Driblet is missing.

Wrap UP
My oxygen level was done this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. So I was rather lethargic all day. I spent most of the day watching reruns of " Burn Notice" as there was a " Burn Notice" marathon today. I visited some of my links. Betty went to therapy in the morning. Now I really need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************

15 Comments:

Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Coffee never made me climb up on a roof either. The only time I ever went on the Roof was to clean the flue from the Wood Burning or if the Antenna needed adjustment.

Getting an Oil Furnace and Cable TV finished having to get up on the roof.

Blessings to you and Betty.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Well, I'm sure I've never had SEVEN cups of coffee in one day in my life! I usually pour two but the 2nd one sits and gets cold! And then it goes down the sink. Now... my SINK probably gets a LOT of coffee! So maybe my sink will be shouting from the rooftops! Or maybe I'm hallucinating it...

HO HO HO!!! OOPS is not of the Earth! And OOPS has the power! She WILL burp on that driblet!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I also get those health emails. I have no problem with coffee. I drink 2 cups in the morning. With a lot of milk. And during the day only water, a lot. In the evening a glass of red wine. And on Sundays (one out of two) a whiskey.

And that, and perhaps the fact that I avoid Coke, Sprite and other things like that, has kept me healthy. And perhaps, a tiny bit, makes up for the smoking.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Bacon is not a vegetable???

8:10 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I have been know to have a few cups in one day. Howver never so many as to climb on a roof and explain how wonderful coffee is. It is truly a strange commercial

8:21 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I drink a lot of coffee and the only problem I have is if I go to sleep right after a cup of coffee I get weird dreams. When I'm too tired, coffee puts me to sleep rather than the reverse and the dreams are awful.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I wouldnt be real suprised to see people shouting from a rooftop.....nothing suprises me anymore! But I am glad I never really drank coffee.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

hello dear friend hope you are breathing easy. i hope the new bread maker turns out for you, i know how much you like fresh bread. i love it's smell, it feels warm and cozy.
say hi to the fam and try to stay warm i know this winter must feel like you live in Alaska....we are back in the freeze too.
i have been loving your photos, as i have mentioned some time ago i love old photos, thanking for posting them and sharing them.
i send out an email a couple or so days ago, i hope i got everyone's email right.
keep on writing for it is a wonderful constant in many lives including ours. Chelo, the kids and i love you all. xo

12:20 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I'm glad I only drink decaf coffee and tea because I'm afraid of heights! (wink)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like the whale had best get out of the beast's way.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

FINE! I'll climb down now - if you'll pour me another cup, please. ;)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

I saw that ad last night and thought it was one of the worst I had seen in awhile.
Seven cups - that's a lot of coffee anyway.
You like Burn Notice! Yeah! I have watched it from the beginning and I like how it is off and then back on - something to look forward to.
I'm waiting for the new show to come on tonight.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I think I drink even more coffee, I am already at my 4th mug in 1 1/2 h, lol ! If you come to my blog today you will see a service book from 1902 in german, published in Milwaukee !!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About this monster invading Pigeon Falls -- it doesn't matter that the driblet has no ending. When the thing arrive and begins to speak, it will repeat the missing part of the driblet. One just has to hope someone is on hand to translate.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Alastair said...

If I have less than seven cups of coffee in a day I get hallucinations....

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home