Monday, February 02, 2009

More About Me Monday

Today's Link
Squirl's Nest

Saying for the Day
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
~Author Unknown


Picture of the day
Peter at his Party

Got this meme from Akelamalu's blog. She said to help myself. I did.
When was the last time you splurged on a gift for yourself?
Yesterday! I bought some new software.

Have you ever bought yourself a gift for Christmas, Valentines Day, a birthday or any other occasion and then wrapped it up and pretended it was from someone else?
Sometimes Betty and I do that at Christmas. I buy my gift and she buys hers. They look nice under the tree when the kids come.
Have you ever sent yourself flowers, chocolates or anything else to your place of employment so it seemed as if someone else were sending you a gift?
Never

How often do you text message?
Never

Is there someone you'd like to fix things with?
Not at the moment.

Are there any previous relationships you wish could have lasted longer?
No

When do you blow out the candles?
Who has candles any more.

Do you give out second chances too easily?
And third and fourth.

What's the next big life decision you will have to make?
When to go to a nursing home.

If you could cuddle with anyone right now, who would you pick, and why?
Betty. Because she’s so cuddly.

Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
Nobody.

Who was the last person to REALLY piss you off?
Basketball coach of a “ Christian” team.

Would you ever want to be a supermodel?
No

Your motivation for tomorrow?
Staying out of the nursing home.

Do you know what you will wear tomorrow?
Yes.

What is the last thing you put your lips against?
A cup of cocoa

Have you ever gone two or more days without changing your underwear?
Certainly. Not any longer Betty lays out clean underwear every day.

Have you ever accidentally eaten an insect?
I suppose eating one on purpose doesn’t count.

What serial killer do you find most disturbing?
Like I keep a list of serial killers.

Are you ever purposely irritating?
I wish I could say no but my daughter reads this blog.

What was the last thing you used your debit card for?
Who has a debit card?

Are you cheating on your significant other right now?
Not now! Not ever!

Are you contemplating cheating on your significant other right now?
When you have the very best you don’t look for something better.

When was the last time you sat down and watched kiddie cartoons?
Last time the grandchildren were here.

Do you sleep with one leg out from under the covers
I sleep with both legs out from under the covers unless it’s really cold.

Do you have any text messages that you would be embarrassed to let your mom read?
Mom is dead and I don’t text. I don’t even use a cell phone.

How old do you think you will be when you finally have kids/your next kid?
Been there. Done that.

Have you ever thought about converting to a new religion?
When you have the very best you don‘t look for something else..

Do you know anyone with the same first name as you? All kinds of people.

When was the last time you went to church?
Sunday!

What song plays on your Myspace profile page?
Not on Myspace.

Do you know anyone that smokes pot?
Not that admits to it.

What were you doing the last time you were in the bathroom?
Looking for my teeth.

Have you ever had a Razr as a phone?
No

Which energy drink is better; Amp or Rockstar?
Never tried either.

Would you rather eat a Milkyway or eat a Twix?
Milkyway

Do you like that new shoe smell?
Not particularly.

Do you like the taste of licorice?
Love licorice particularly All Sorts.

Would you ever walk around with a free hugs sign like the dude on youtube?
I’m not a huggy type person.

Did you ever flip out on a teacher and walk out of a class?
No!

Do you/did you ever have dreams of being a rockstar?
No. I wanted to be a cowboy singer.

If vegetarians think its wrong to eat living things, why do they eat plants?
Ask a vegetarian.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
It’s a beautiful day in Pigeon Falls . The sun is shining and the air for the first time this winter feels warm. It’s the kind of winter day that makes kids hate school. The town is quiet and looks like a Norman Rockwell painting.
Our dragons haven’t been seen for several days and people are wondering if something happened to them. Over at Nancy’s the poltergeist is only juggling a few cups and seems different somehow.
It’s as if the whole town is waiting for something.
Over at Last Lutheran Pastor Joan has just arrived at her office . Herman is at the parsonage taking care of Oops. Oops seems somewhat agitated. Again she takes Herman’s hand and he feels that surge of power flowing into him only today it is stronger and lasts longer.
Mrs. Trumble puts the demon slayer on her desk. For some reason she decided to haul the trustworthy shotgun into the office today. She is not at all sure. But she has her bullets that were blessed by the Priest and touched with Holy Water,
Tommy UK reached into the hiding place he has for it and took out his rock. He hasn’t taken it out for a long time but today he feels the need.
Petrovich can feel it too. He is afraid, very much afraid, that this is the day.

Wrap UP
Another very good day. My oxygen was almost up to low normal. I copied blogs into a form for printing in the morning to send to my sister. In the afternoon Betty and I wired the switch track. Such little wires and I have such big fingers but it works. Then I visited almost all of my links and left comments. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

*****************************************************

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yep. We have things in common.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! That meme definitely came from either MySpace or Facebook! You answered well though... You're NOT Huggy??? Awwwww c'mon! We'll see...

The dragons are off eating FIRE HOT chili... in preparation. The poltergeists want their hands free...
Oops is getting ready to BELCH ... maybe even... you know... Herman is Power'd UP, got the Dragon Slayer... got the ROCK... What's to be afraid of? NOTHING can get past all THAT!!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Loved the MEME, and now I'm all a twitter needing to know what's about to happen in Pigeon Falls...don't keep us waiting!
Sandi

8:14 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hahaha ! what a questionary ! I always choose my Christmas or birthday gifts and my men (husband and son) wrap it, the "debit" card is also funny and then child question ! although I heard that one woman became mother at 64 or something !

8:27 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I love your answers, especially the ones that include Betty - You love her don't you, I can tell! :)

There's an award for you over at my place today Dr. John. x

9:21 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I love your answers, especially the ones that include Betty - You love her don't you, I can tell! :)

There's an award for you over at my place today Dr. John. x

9:21 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Liked the answers, especially the one to the very last question.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Good gracious! I became agitated reading that Oops is agitated! What is going on? I'm looking forward, with some trepidation, to the next installment.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

So glad to have found your mad Blogland world - can't wait to come back for more!

12:13 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

The suspense in Pigeon Falls is killing me. I love Oops - what a perfect name.

Loved the fact that you helped yourself to the meme - Your answers made me laugh.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Many of your list match with me. About the second chances, I am a firm believer in unlimited chances. I have been practising this all my life. Which is the reason that, many times, I fell on my back. But I always came back to stand on my feet. That is why I always will give as many chances as needed to a person.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your saying for the day is n the front of my favorite t-shirt. I love it and dread the day it wears out.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Great answers. I might have to try that on my blog but the answers would be boring.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home