Friday, November 28, 2008

Not Humble. I repeat not humble.

Today's Link
A Magnolia's Heart Beat

Saying for the Day
If the Aborigine drafted an I.Q. test, all of Western civilization would presumably flunk it. ~Stanley Garn

Picture of the Day
Son Pat -We celebrate at his house today

On Monday I did a MEME.
It was done so you could know me a little better.
If you read through the comments you might have noticed that somebody said I was humble.
That’s right they said I was humble.
How could they make such a statement.
I categorically deny it.
I am not now nor have I ever been humble and I am proud of that fact.
So how could anyone think that I am.
Well they said it because in the MEME I said I was not smart.
Now smart is a relative term.
Einstein was smart.
Debbie Graff was smart. ( Valvectorian of my graduating class)
Bill Gates is smart. How else could you make a fortune on an operating system as weird as Microsoft's?
Mark S. Hanson is smart. ( Presiding Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)
Cornelius Drebbel was smart. ( Inventor of the thermometer)
Keith Theobald is smart. ( Current President of the NTPA, National Tractor Pull Association)
Plato was smart.
Thomas Aquinas was smart.
Leonardo da Vinci was smart.
No matter how it’s sugar-coated compared to them I can’t even masquerade as smart.
And that’s a fact.
And I can prove I’m not humble.
Look at the title of this blog.
DR.John’s Fortress.
If I was humble it would be something like:
Just John’s John.
And I assure you the picture would not be of a mighty castle but a lowly outhouse.
“Just John” is what Margaret ( the puppet at church not the blogger) insists on calling me.
She wants me to be humble.
But I am the great Dr. John, keeper of dragons. I live in a mighty fortress.
I may not be smart but I sure am not humble.
I hope this clears away any confusion.
If I was a little smarter I would have explained it better.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
There is no school in Pigeon Falls today because of Thanksgiving so the Tommy club plans on meeting this afternoon. Tommy FK ( the farmer’s kid) shoveled a path to the old chicken coop and is getting everything ready. The club house has an old wood stove and that will be fired up this morning so it will be relatively warm inside.
Tommy UK has decided to go to the meeting. He really wants Tammy back as his best friend. He misses their times together. He just doesn’t know what to say to her after the kiss. He feels so awkward . He never felt like that around her before. He is beginning to think he might be in love. But he isn’t at all sure he wants to be. He liked things the way they were before.
Tammy knows she is in love with Tommy UK but she feels bad that she kissed him. She should have waited for him to kiss her but then given Tommy UK that might never have happened. But she also misses having Tommy UK as her best friend. It is upsetting having him avoid her. On the one hand she wants to take and shake him and tell him to get over it. But on the other hand she wants to kiss him again. She has decided at the meeting today she will do something.
Herman posted a copy of his latest vision at Nancy’s Coffee Shop. Perhaps, somebody smarter than him can explain it to him.

Wrap Up
This is it for the wrap up. We will be getting back late from Pat's. I will then need a breathing treatment and there will be not time to wrap up.
GBYA
*****************************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

*singing*
A mighty fortress is our Johhhhhhn!
A wordy friend and blogger;
He entertains us every day
and keeps us from shear boredom.


I sure hope Tammy & Tommy get straightened out.

Have fun at Pat's!

5:59 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Well, you certainly seem pretty smart to me! Wasn't it Einstein who was not able to tie his shoes or balance a checkbook or something like that??

I don't think a person would want to be too smart since too much of anything is probably not good! But, regardless of how you define smart, I think you are pretty sharp!

I have always found the people who seem to be, well, the least smart among us are often the ones who talk the loudest! Heh! What's that you were saying?? Sorry but I could not hear you as I was talking so loudly!!

Take care...!

8:00 AM  
Blogger david mcmahon said...

G'day Dr John,

Thanks for the visit and the comment. Mate, I really want to know more about Pigeon Falls ....

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what Herman needs? Herman needs a Daniel!

(In case any body has trouble interpreting that comment, they might want to join Melli's & my Online Bible study which starts in just a couple of days!)

1:28 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, you may not be the smartest person on the planet but you definitely have unique talents :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

A lot of smart people are not famous or wealthy...I don't know too many people with PhD who are stupid...ok, I know a couple but you're not one of 'em.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The Lord molded you and for that reason alone, you are Grrrreeeaat!

Awesome even and perfected for His purpose. Angels sing and rejoice when you open your eyes each morning.

They say with much knowledge comes much responsibility. Who needs all that stress anyway? Being the sharpest knife in the drawer isn't all what it is cut out to be.

Especially if you're designed to be sandwich spread.

Pass the jam!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right you show-off, I've got your number...he-he!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Maggie May said...

Thanks for visiting me. I am returning the visit and am going to read a bit while I am here.
Keeper of dragons....... sounds interesting!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I love how you're not humble!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www0712

nets jerseys
canada goose jackets
michael kors outlet
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
balenciaga sneakers
ysl outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
clippers jerseys






12:04 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

goyard bag
links of london sale
nike hyperdunk
cheap nba jerseys
michael kors uk
chrome hearts
supreme hoodie
nike sneakers for men
air jordan 4
nike air max 2018

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home