Monday, November 24, 2008

More About ME

Today's Link
Brian in Oxford

Saying for the Day
There's one good thing about snow, it makes your lawn look as nice as your neighbor's. ~Clyde Moore

Picture of the Day
1972

I can’t remember where I borrowed this meme from. But it requires one word answers.

1. Where is your cell phone? Drawer
2. Where is your significant other? Kitchen
3. Your hair colour? Brown
4. Your mother? Dead
5. Your father? Dead
6. Your favourite thing? Lionel
7. Your dream last night? Repeat
8. Your dream/goal? Helping
9. The room you're in? Study
10. Your hobby? Trains
11. Your fear? Falling
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Alive
13. Where were you last night? Bed
14. What you're not? Smart
15. One of your wish list items? Dragons
16. Where you grew up? Farm
17. The last thing you did? Sleep
18. What are you wearing? Nightshirt
19. Your TV? Off
20. Your pet? Maggie
21. Your computer? Working
22. Your mood? Upbeat
23. Missing someone? No
24. Your car? Montana
25. Something you're not wearing? Hat
26. Favourite store? Hobby
27. Your summer? Over
28. Love someone? Betty
29. Your favourite colour? Green
30. When is the last time you laughed? Today
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Life may be back to normal but Tommy UK and Tammy aren’t. They may never be the same again. Yesterday they had to acolyte. That means they had to sit on a special little pew just behind the altar rail in full view of the congregation. Tommy UK sat as far away from Tammy as he could on such a small pew. Tammy didn’t know what to do. She thought he might be angry with her. That is definitely not what she wanted. She tried to smile but it was a masquerade of her true feelings. Then in the middle of Pastor Joan’s very evangelical sermon she asked him if he was going to the tractor pull on Friday evening. He put his finger to his lips to indicate she should shut up and pointed at Pastor Joan. If, at that point, you had a thermometer to measure the air between them it would have been as near freezing as you can get.
At the coffee after the service she asked him to tell her how he really felt but instead he went and got a sugar-coated doughnut and sat at the table with the men.
“How I can I tell her about feelings I don’t understand “ he thought. “ Girls are so unfair .” At the men’s table he just listened. They were talking about how Touno Koski got blown up in the mine and survived.” I will survive this” he thought “ I will”.

Wrap Up
Woke up to snow this morning will post a picture tomorrow. In the morning I did some catching up on the computer. In the afternoon we worked on the layout. The lake is not coming as fast as we thought but it is progressing. Coming up I visited sixty blogs , my entire link list. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************8

13 Comments:

Blogger LoieJ said...

Your car is in Montana? Did you notice the British spellings in the Meme?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

#14 - WRONG!

Pooooor Tommy. Poooooor Tammy. I hope Pastor Joan notices what's going on and speaks to them! If not Pastor Joan, maybe the mayor will notice... SOMEBODY needs to help those poor kids!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

INVITATION

Invited hereby to my site
please be. You see I poems write
and knight like fight and youth alight.
This poem says it. Godly, right?

I want more readers. I want you
to come as if out from the blue
and tell me what I write is true
and make my motivation new.

Why you? This is not spam, God’s dear.
I stand by what I do. I care.
Your senseless love to me I fear.
I mean it. I am good. Take care.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Good quote. My lawn looks pretty good right now! Brrr.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melli is right, your #14 is wrong!

Poor Tammy. If she really loves Tommy she'd better get used to it. Most men (and boys) are clueless about how to talk to females -- especially about emotional stuff.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your car is in Montana, which makes no sense...or your car is a Montana...that probably makes more sense.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

You did well on the meme, though I can't agree you're not smart!

Poor Tommy UK and Tammy! It's hard to believe you'll survive when first love can be so painful.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

You're not smart???? C'mon.....my kids did not get their brains and creative story telling from me.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

I do like that meme. Thanks for letting us know you better.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved your 'one word meme' so much that I'm confiscating it! Thank you, kindly, oh smart one!

You only mentioned having snow 'cuz you know that makes me crazy!!! My air conditioner is still on and we had a freakishly warm afternoon. SEND SNOW, PLEASE!

Well, I guess I'll settle for seeing your snow photos. ~sigh~

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

My goodness, anyone who can do all this work on the computer needs to take number 14 back...change it to "what I'm not" Proud...
there! LOL...are you in Montana with your car? Inquiring minds want to know! Ah poor Joanie...she'll work it out!
Sandi

7:31 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

I enjoyed the mem....may borrow it......also I agree...all lawns are beautiful in the snow!!! Wishing you and Betty a wonderful holiday.....dont eat too much turkey!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Thanks for your concern, usually I always avoid to take antibiotics, but in holidays it was necessary !

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home