Thursday, November 20, 2008

Blogging is Heaven

Today's Link
Here Comes Johny Yen Again

Saying for the Day
The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. ~Bob Moawad

Picture of the Day
From the Archives

In the last few days I have been very very busy.
I went to Poland and visited two concentration camps where I prayed that God would never let us do this to other humans again. '
Then I visited a farm and saw the newest equipment harvesting corn and pouring it into a semi. Oh! and an old tractor on a twenty foot pole with a fake owl on the smokestack.
Then I took a walk in a beautiful fall woods where the leaves were at their best.
Then a little side trip to Hawaii where I saw an Island shaped like a rabbit that was for the birds.
Then off to Canada to ride a bus and see things through the drivers eyes.
Then it was thinking time and I considered whether back packs were getting too big and too heavy and if PBS could be pressured into pulling a program. Difficult questions you will agree.
Then I took a stroll down memory lane and remembered when Betty and I took care of first one mother and then the other. Those were precious and funny memories.
I also got to spend a little time with two people who were seeking to get closer to God through Bible Study. I so enjoyed that.

All of this I did despite the fact that with my lungs I hardly go more than a couple miles from the house.

God bless blogging and the internet. God bless the bloggers that share their life with me and others.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
The Tommy Club met last night but they met without Tommy UK. He said he had promised his dad he would do something so he couldn’t come. Like that had ever stopped him before. Tammy was there but she thought she knew why Tommy UK wasn’t there but she couldn’t tell anybody. He was avoiding her. He was staying away from her. She should never have kissed him. But it was so wonderful. In any case she wasn’t of much use to the Club. She was lost in her own thoughts.
They did look at the three symbols again. They did read the driblet out loud again. They did do brainstorming again. During the brainstorming session Tammy said that maybe the bird was in love with the cow who was hiding behind the rocker. Of course in a brainstorming session nobody was allowed to tell her that that was the stupidest idea they had heard yet.
Tommy UK went right home after school and helped his father chop wood for the old sauna in back of the house. His father was impressed. Tommy UK was always promising to help but at the last minute found some reason not to. But here he was cutting wood. Could it be his son was growing up and learning about responsibility?
Over at Nancy’s Coffee Shop the poltergeist has added a Precious Moments figurine of two kids kissing to its group of things being juggled or whatever you call what Nancy’s poltergeist does. Now they circle the room with the two birds, two rocking chairs, two cows, and many cornucopias. Nancy doesn’t know why it was added or where it came from. You can’t ask a poltergeist . Well you could but you’d get no answer.

Wrap UP
Just a note-because Raven gave us two sets of words this week I will be playing with the first set tomorrow and the second set on Saturday.
It was a nice day today . My oxygen was up in the normal range I didn't need the tank all day. In the morning I made labels for everything I sold on E-Bay. The sale ended last night. I sold ten of eleven items. Some didn't bring in much but they won't be in my basement any more. Betty wrapped sealed and posted labels. I got my September blogs ready to print out for my sister Dawn. That takes time. I visited two tiers of links and left comments. Unless the entry is old I always try to leave a comment. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************

14 Comments:

Blogger B.R.L said...

aww cute if thats what i think it is.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Yes, blogging is wonderful - so many people and places, and so much to learn!
That poltergeist knows stuff. Interesting.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Bloggin make the world a bit smaller.

You said:
"God bless blogging and the internet. God bless the bloggers that share their life with me and others."

But also God bless you. You with your own concerns are always there with a kind word or comment, and have lifted many a blogger up when they needed it.


Dr John-Also

9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're on an amazing journey, Dr. John! Isn't the Internet a wonderful place?

I often think my life would have been very different if I'd had Internet access when I was a kid.

Of course, then, I'd have missed all those wonderful Saturdays when I sat in the public library from morning 'til night, surrounded by the feel and smell of all those wonderful books.

Ah, bliss!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Johnny Yen said...

Thanks for the link!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I like the saying of the day...I think that every day.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You are so right - one can travel the world through the blogosphere!

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right. It is so fun to peek into everyones kitchens and se what they had for dinner, then see what their kids did at school, then look at scenery, it's just amazing.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Your post made my heart smile as I remembered one of the first e-mails I sent my son.
He is the one who bought me my first computer and showed me how to use it. Like you I was absolutely enthralled as soon as I got over the fear that the thing would blow up if I touched the wrong key. LOL!
Anyway one morning I visited Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Pennsylvania, Michigan and many other places my ancestors had once lived. Being a genealogist makes us curious about such things. Anyhow, I sent my son an e-mail telling him all the places I had visited that morning.
I still do a lot of globe trotting 'Internet style' especially since I learned what Google "Image" means. HAHA!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

selling 9 items out of 10 is pretty good.....esp since it wont be cluttering up your basement......darn good idea...why dont I do that?

6:46 PM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I should de-clutter my life. E-Bay would be a great way to do it. It sounds like you were very busy.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

I missed you like crazy this morning - but I was busy bein' busy! Ya know, I've always SAID that the internet (and blogs or -in the old days - message boards) is the BEST thing that ever happened for "shut-ins"! I've known so many people who for WHATEVER reason couldn't get out and lead terribly social lives -- but through the internet, they have been able to make sO many friends and develop really CLOSE relationships! Of course, world travel is just ANOTHER option! I enjoy that part too! Virtual or real! LOL!

Poor Tommy UK... he is really one mixed up young man at the moment! Probably a pile of fire wood was just the thing he needed to help him sort his thoughts!

By the way ... I do hope that if you don't DO our Daniel study with us, you will at least keep an eye on us and re-direct us if we start to wander waaaaaaaaaay off track! (as I'm prone to do sometimes...) hehehe...

7:44 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I love coming to your blog and hearing about Pigeon Falls, dragons and driblets. Also truly enjoy seeing the pictures you post of good times, both old and new. You always add to my day in a good way - thank you.

I should sell stuff on Ebay - you are inspiring.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

I started reading 'where you went today' and wondered where you were taking us. I realized my own post and thought how very clever this post was.
Enjoyed this visit as always.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home