Monday, November 10, 2008

More of Me

Today's Link
My Random Insanities

Saying for the Day
In an underdeveloped country, don't drink the water; in a developed country, don't breathe the air. ~Changing Times magazine

Picture of the Day
( Our first Fall snow)

It’s Monday and time for “ More of Me” this time with a meme I swiped from Melli.

Were you named after anyone? Yes my two grandfathers , John and James. When I was young I pretended I was named after John James Audubon.

When was the last time you cried? Last week. The movie was so sad.

Do you like your handwriting? My handwriting was so bad in grade school the teacher called it “ chicken scratching”. It hasn’t gotten any better.

What is your favorite lunch meat? Cooked ham

Do you have kids? Three of them.

If you were another person would you be friends with you? Nah! I’m not my kind of guy.

Do you use sarcasm a lot? What me be sarcastic?

Do you still have your tonsils? No! I loaned them to a Doctor who never returned them.

Would you bungee jump? Never.

What is your favorite cereal? Rice Krispies

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No laces

Do you think you are strong? No

What is your favorite ice cream? Strawberry

What is the first thing you notice about people . Their smile or lack thereof

Red or pink? No- Green

What is the least favorite thing about yourself? I have to ride that stupid cart to get around in a store.

Who do you miss the most? My garden railroad, United Lutheran, old friends.

What color shoes are you wearing? Black

What was the most recent food you ate? Ham and Jam sandwich ( Raspberry)

What are you listening to right now? Nothing

If you were a crayon what color would you be? Green

Favorite smells? Saffron Bread cooking

Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My sister Dawn

Do you like the person who sent this questionnaire to you? I stole it from Melli and she is highly likable.

Favorite sports to watch? None

Hair color? Brown ( no gray and no dye)

Eye color? Hazel

Do you wear contacts? No

Favorite food? Cheeseburger with relish

Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies with happy endings

What color shirt are you wearing? Blue plaid

Summer or Winter? Summer

Hugs or kisses? Don’t get that close. I’ll have to hit you.

Favorite dessert? .Lemon Pie ( I know it changed again)

What book am I reading now? Maelstrom

What is on your mouse pad? Me and Bree

What did you watch on TV last night? NCIS and CSI , I like initials

Favorite sound? Train whistle in the night

Rolling Stones or Beatles? Nope

What is the farthest you have ever been from home? Honduras

Do you have a special talent? No

Where were you born? Ishpeming, Michigan

What more could I possibly tell you about me?

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Herman has had no further visions but then he has been sober, well as sober as Herman gets. His wife has convinced him that if he comes home drunk again that is the end. Pigeon Falls may not end but his world will.
Tommy UK continues to try to solve the mystery of driblet 300 which is somehow connected to a bird, a rocking chair, and a cow. He keeps reminding the Tommy Club that the shadow hasn’t started yet so they need to use this time to figure out how to stop it. The first thing they do when they get together is read the driblet out loud. Then they each take a copy and brainstorm. This gives some really weird ideas a chance to surface. For example one of them came up with this:
so the big BLACK bird is going to come flying over Pigeon Falls (cormorant or otherwise) and DIE ... (that would make it the wrong bird for Pigeon Falls)... FALLING to the ground taking out a field of cows AND old Mrs. Pemberthy's rocking chair. NOW the town will have to change it's name to Cormorant Falls... thus, Pigeon Falls will cease to exist
And another this:
I think I've got the puzzle! Blackbirds off their rocker often land in cow poop! Right?
Brainstorming rules out nothing and allows ideas to flow.
Tammy saw the Da Vinci Code on television Saturday night. So she is all into symbols and hidden meanings. She is researching birds, rocking chairs, and cows as symbols.

Wrap Up:

Oxygen was back up in low normal range. In the morning I got caught up in a CSI rerun during the breathing treatment so I got to the computer later than usual. I tried Quilly's riddle but it just gave me a headache. It will be obvious when she explains it. I did some blog reading looking for interesting facts. In the afternoon Betty and I worked on the layout. We added lights to the farm, to the tree sales lot, we animated the man cutting down the tree, and arranged for the lights on the cemetary fence to light. We also pulled one set of track and redid another. We really got a lot done. The loggers cabin still needs lights but I think that's about it. Tommorow we put in the forest. Then i went online and ordered a scanner. Then visited my links. Now I need a breathing treatment
God Bless You All.
****************************************************

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John, your apparent lack of sarcasm is under whelming. ;)

I do love your memes. You always have entertaining answers, though I think you got one wrong. The question was, "Do you consider yourself strong?" And I believe your answer should have been, "Yes, in my Faith."

However, no matter how much I enjoy your blog and respect you as a person and a pastor, I will not be trying any of your French Toad for breakfast.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

A seer sees. Sounds to me like Alex Gregnicov gave Herman an endorsement through Petrovich. Joke is on Petrovich.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

You would NEVER be sarcastic ... nope ... not a bit of it!

How can you NOT be strong? You've got the strength of Jesus backing you up! YOU can do ALL things through HE who gives you STRENGTH!!! That makes you strong...

Ham & Jam... who taught you that?

You mean there really IS saffron buns? LOL! I don't even know what saffron is or what it tastes like! Now I'm going to have to go on an explore.

And you definitely have TALENT with words! Talent for playing with them! Entertaining with them. Preaching them. BIG talent.

Well, The One is not Herman -- it's NOT the seer. Even though he dreams... The One dreams... Tommy hasn't reported any dreams lately... Of course, Grengicoff was a seer AND had dreams - maybe he was seeing HIMSELF as The One. He's from the past ... I don't know - but now MY head hurts and I think I need a drink!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Yet again you have a great Saying for the Day - though there are some places where you can neither drink the water nor breathe the air! They must be super-civilised!!!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Scary movies or happy endings? Scary movies with happy endings,

Now I liked this answer to the question.

A Blessed day for you and Betty

10:58 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

"In an underdeveloped country, don't drink the water; in a developed country, don't breathe the air."

lol and I guess you could add, in the underdeveloped country don't piss in the water, in the developed countries we recycle (and drink) what we piss.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you. :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

great meme! plus I love cheeseburgers with relish too!!! on a toasted bun......umm ummm

1:57 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

snow??? you got snow?
phew, and we have dragonflies flying around!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I would say your special talent is storytelling. I'm with ya on the hugging and kissen...

I called Pat (asked Pete several times but he never does things as quick as I would like) and told him we would be there not on Thursday for Thanks. because we will be at my mom's but plan to come Friday and Sat.

Wizard of Oz is on this weekend three times! Pete says Forest Park is playing at the dome Sat. night...he wants to go. Wanna go with him?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

That quote is right on the mark and pretty shot of your first snow dusting of the year. Glad your oxygen was in the normal range.

I was also named after my grandfather which has resulted in many people thinking I'm a man if they haven't met me. Quite a few bloggers think I'm a man and are surprised when I post a picture or refer to myself as a mother or some other little hint that I'm female.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Roan said...

The saying of the day if perfect. I can't believe you've had snow. I'm not looking forward to that at all! I loved your sarcasm-less answers. Thanks for the laughter. BJ

P.S. And the ring story? Sadly, it's true.

5:27 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

We had our first snow today, too. Just a dusting on the rooftops, but it stayed all day. I'm starting to get in the mood for some real snow.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

My favorite color is also green, I weep too when the movie is sad, my handwriting is so bad that, sometimes, I cannot read it myself and right now I am going to steal this meme from you and make my next poste.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The train whistle in the night is my fav too. I only hear it in the summer when the windows are open, usually 3 am ish...it's really far away but in the still of the night I hear it and love it.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

From now on when I'm uncertain of a passage I'm coming to YOU - BEFORE Sunday!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Wish we had gotten snow. :(
Loved the meme -
John James Audubon - we studied him in grade school so many years ago. I loved watching for the birds we needed to try and find. That brought such good memories for me.
Love your humor - wish I could convey it like you.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have learned more from reading your blog. that is why I made it a habit to drop by...hope everything is doing well with you and Betty.

your much awaited comment in my blog , inspire me to write and continue blogging..

12:33 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

If your answer to the riddle isn't the right one, it sure should be! Very very good :D

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home