Monday, November 03, 2008

The Election Cometh

Today's Link
Ten Happy Things

Saying of the Day
How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America? ~Author Unknown
Picture of the Day

Tomorrow the nastiest election I can remember will be over.
Those who haven’t already vote and who intend to vote will do so.
The media will be racing to be the first one to tell us who won.
Then I hope healing can begin.
I am not sure it will because each side is so very convinced the other side is evil.
Some want punishment for past assumed crimes
Some want blame layimng
But we can hope that the one we elect will be wise enough to bring us together.
The next four years will be tough.
The economy is a mess.
Terrorists are still waiting for a chance to strike.
Social Security needs shoring up.
To tackle the problems we need to pull together.
It is not a time for casting blame.
It is not a time for partisan anything.
It is time to pull together.
The question is can the man we elect lead us there?
I pray so.
We will see.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Petrovich released a translation of driblet 300 today. It reads as follows:

In the City of the birds a shadow falls,
It gets darker
And darker
Dead bird all wrong
A Seer sees

Old lady missing what she needs
Flying cow but no dairy
Riddles
The dark gets darker
One Last Vision

Then darker
Soon the town will be no more
No houses
No people
trust the vision

No dogs
Even the ghosts are gone
Only one can stop the dark
Only one can solve the riddle
not the seer

Only one will know
Find the one
I must find the one
It is horrible
He knows but he doesn’t know

I can not watch
Find the one
He dreams
He can stop the dark
Put the pieces

No town, no people, no cows
It is horrible
Stop the dark
Find the one
From the past

He knows
But he doesn’t know
I can watch no more.
This will be the end
where they belong

My head hurts
I awaken. I need a drink.


Wrap Up
I have a cold complete with a cough and phlegm. You can't imagine how horrible it is to have breathing problems and a cold. That's the bad news. The good news is that for the sixth day imn a row my morning oxygen levels were up in the normal range . This despite the cold. In the morning I scanned another album into the computer. That took all morning. In the afternoon we finished the second tunnel, installed and tested a remote switch track, and installed a siding with a log dump feature. We also ran the entire setup. Tomorrow we build mountains out of Depends and Plaster cloth. Coming up I visited all of my links and discovered two of my favorite blogs ( I have lots of favorites) are gone. Now I need some cough medicene and a breathing treatment.
********************************************************

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Tommy UK is the One.

4:27 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Holy MACKERAL! The DOOMSDAY Driblet! Petrovich must be a MESS after translating this one... I bet HE needs a drink too...

The problem with these visions is that we just don't know WHEN they are supposed to happen... But... since we still have cows, I'm thinking the town is safe for a while anyway...

Darned driblets...

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Melli meant was ANOTHER doomsday driblet. It is time again for the annual near demise of Pigeon Falls. Who will save them this time? Tommy, Eino, the town drunk?

What if this time nobody saves them? Oh dear.

11:31 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

sounds like a job for agent 012... he always gets stuck in seemingly hopeless situations which turn out to be other than what they appear to be

11:56 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Saying of the Day just about sums elections up!

12:10 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

Was that a dream?
I am very scared about the election tommrow.
I LOVE THE VEIW OF THE BACK OF MY HEAD! it looks very good there.
and i got that video working if you want to check. THANKS :)

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh tomorrow shall be so, so intersting. I can't wait to see who gets to own this mess. Why would anyone want to prez now?

3:48 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I cannot wait to see the new train layout and see everything run!!! I also liked the saying for the day today...

4:10 PM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Another interesting post, Dr. John. This is my first time to read a 'driblet.' There are 299 more of these? :) I have some catching up to do.
Thanks for the blog visit and your comment on my 100th post. I actually have posted more than 100 but I don't count the "asides" I made when I first started blogging this past April.
I, too, am dreading the morrow. I haven't voted yet, but will be at my regular polling place in the morning for however long it takes. I will exhale when I pull the lever, but fear I will not relax for some time to come. It's going to be nasty, whichever way it goes.

Wishing you rapid surcease of breathing difficulties.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

You are fine analyst summing up the worries not only Americans have with this election. If 50 women are needed for the "Miss America" election and only 2 men (or women) for the Presidency, one wonders why the choice is only for these two. There must be/should be "better" candidates.

8:04 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Tomorrow will definitely be interesting.

Let us all pray that the right decisions will be made and the right people end up in office (who ever they may be.. )

9:41 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

Oh Dr John...I so hope your right about tomorrow, its very scary...

10:06 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

I think the USA are the only country in our civilized world which only has two parties. I can't understand that either ! In Europe we have at least 4 to 5 where we can choose from.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I do hope your cold goes quickly - it's something you just can't afford to catch!
My husband is working on scanning in all our old photos - very time consuming, but it will be worth it.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna say hello and hope you are feeling well always. I hope you don't mind coz I add your link to mine coz I really find your blog interesting.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home