Saturday, October 25, 2008

Raven's Wordzzle 36

Today's Link
Ruth's Visions and Revisions

Saying for the Day

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

Picture of the Day

It is Saturday and time to play with words supplied by Raven's Wordzzle

This Week's Ten Word Challenge will be: build-a-bear workshop, man bites dog, opulent, disparaging, lipstick stain, preponderance, smoky quartz, clothes pin, meticulous, falling leaves
Mini Challenge: moisturizing, pickles, seat belt, flip-flop, Chicago

Fifteen words in the ongoing adventure of agent 012 with a look back.

Poor Agent 012 was now the laughing stock of the Agency. His backup found him covered with falling leaves and holding a penguin full of rocks and clothes pins not bombs.. While he was thus engaged the meticulous Synonym Homeahim had kidnapped the opulent Cinnamon Homonym .So now he was suffering not just from the blinking crescent shaped hives but from the knowledge of all the disparaging remarks being made about him back at the Agency.
Thus when he saw the three lipstick stained pickles on the floor next to the scissors and the floppy hat he knew this was his one chance to redeem himself. Those pickles were only served in the Flip-Flop” Restaurant in Chicago. The preponderance of information he had indicated that Synonym Homeahim often ate there.
So he jumped into his smoky quartz super car , fastened his seat belt and left for Chicago stopping only for some moisturizing cream for his hives. If nothing else he could postpone getting static from the Chief for a day or two.He hated static. Oh how he hated static. He almost wished the penguin had been a bomb and that he had blown up rather than face static.
Now he was parked across the street from the restaurant where the “man bites dog” story contest had just ended and the build-a-bear workshop was about to begin. Waiting to see his suspect Agent 012 amused himself by imagining what loot a packer could stuff into a bear in alphabetical order and still have it appear ship shape. He had started with diamond necklaces and had reached golden wind chimes when he saw his man. Now all he had to do was follow him back to where they were keeping the victim. He was very good at following.
Twenty minutes latter he looked through the window of the old house and saw the overweight cellulite filled blimp in a necklace only now her necklace was gone. She was tied to a chair. All he had to do was rescue her and he would be the hero instead of the goat. That’s when everything went black.
This wasn’t going to be his day either.

Fifteen words in a one sentance story!
Despite the disparagingman bites dog “ type comments it is still the preponderance of thought that the meticulous build-a bear workshop will be held at the opulent Falling Leaves” Chicago restaurant that is so close to the elevated that the patrons wear a seat belt to keep from flip –floping out of the booth with their lipstick stained pickles unto the smoky quartz floor since clothes pins didn‘t work nor did moisturizing the seats with Elmer ‘s Glue .

A Ten Word What's It
(But Definitely not Poetry)

If the build-a-bear workshop
Builds instead a mechanical cop
Will they make it stop?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

If a man bites dog today
And wants to stay and play
Will the dog run away ?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

Does the somewhat opulent fella
That dates old Aunt Stella
Have a diamond studded umbrella?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

Was it really so disparaging
That I refused to sing
When she got her ring?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

If there’s a lipstick stain so red
If in the middle of his head
Will the wife still go to bed?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

If the preponderance of stuff
Was left there in a huff
Isn’t that just tough?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

Does the color smoky quartz
When found upon some shorts
Remind you of warts?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

If the clothes pin drops the clothes
Will they land upon the rose
Or will they hit you in the nose?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

If the meticulous old miser
Found the treasure of the Kaiser
Who would be the wiser?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

Will all those falling leaves
Cause poor old George to sneeze
And fall upon his knees?
Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

This week's vanity wordzzle used the words: sortie, moonstruck, dandelion, sprinkler system, broccoli, birds feeder, tuxedo, Montana, midnight

It was midnight in Tuxedo Junction, Montana when the moonstruck couple stopped dancing on the dandelions. This sortie had begun with the traditional sharing of broccoli at the Happy Elf Restaurant. Then they had gone to the park where they put the MP3 of the Birds Feeder on the loud speaker system and danced away. She looked in his eyes. He looked in her eyes. Love poured forth. They danced as if on a cloud. But at midnight it all ended. It is hard to dance romantically when the sprinkler system comes on.

Five Words in the
News from Pigeon Falls

The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
It’s Saturday and time to look back on the week’s happenings in Pigeon Falls
Tuesday- Bob Maki who is running for the County Board Seat accused his opponent of doing a flip-flop on the Moose hunting issue. In fact Bob says the guy sounds like a Chicago politician and that’s no surprise since he moved here from Chicago. Bob , on the other hand, not being a politician has remained committed to an open Moose season. According to the little sheet Bob is handing out he is also in favor of larger fines for people who don’t use their seat belt, ending the serving of unrequested pickles in restaurants, and stricter control on moisturizing creams. The last one because of the terrible rash his wife got from using one. The only thing the little sheet doesn’t tell is what part Bob belongs to. Isn’t that weird?
Wednesday– Mrs. Petrovich stopped in to Nancy’s with the twins. They still haven’t named them. The poor kids are going to grow up thinking their names are first and second because that’s what they are being called. It seems Petrovich wants to get the perfect names for his children.
Friday– The Grand Opening at the Happy Pigeon went well. All day long people were given surprise gifts. Five ladies, for example received Opulent Moisturizing Cream from the Glad you’re a Lady Beauty Salon in Chicago. They were thrilled except for Bob Maki’s wife who seems to have a fear of such creams. Ten ladies got diamond studded flip-flops which one doubts they will wear before next summer. One lucky young man got a ride in electric car complete with a little seat belt. Every fifteen minutes or so a horn would sound and whoever Pigeon was standing next to got a gift. It was very exciting.
Almost as exciting was that fact that pickles were served with every meal. Remember, Pigeon Falls was out of pickles because Pigeon bought them all.

Wrap Up
It was a good breathing day. We went out to Radio Shack and bought a 9 volt transformer. Then we went to the Church Craft Sale and I took pictures. People were really friendly as usual. But then we went to a little restaurant Pennie really liked and wanted to show us. First of all the way the door was set up made it hard for me and the scooter to get in. Then the waitress was running behind and tried to clear our table in one trip and ended up spilling a glass of water all over my legs. She served us but forgot to bring Betty a fork. Then she ignored us so Bewtty had to get a different waitress to bring her a fork. The food was good. I felt sorry for her so we left the usual tip. We wanted her to know that we were not upset and that accidents happen. Coming home we discovered that the transformer we bought had the wrong end. Like agent 012 this was just not my day. I did visit aoll my blogs and all the wordzell blogs I knew of. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************************************

18 Comments:

Blogger Akelamalu said...

Dr John you are just too good at this - you put everyone else to shame!

Not only do you write a story you incoporated the words into questions and Pigeon Falls news!

You are the master of the Wordzzle without a doubt!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Aw, the least Petrovich could do is nickname his twins the little Dribblers.

4:58 AM  
Blogger bettygram said...

You just have so much fun with those words.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Where to begin? Oh WHERE to begin? Well... at the beginning I reckon! That Tolstoy was a very smart fella!

The fella on the couch needs to smile! (were you aggravating him with the camera while he was trying to watch something important?)

Poor agent 012... suffering from a case of humiliating circumstances. I wonder if there is even ONE day God has set aside in this life to BE his day?

You are the CHAMPION of FWIAOSS! I'm going to HAVE to give that a try one of these weeks... but that takes a brain that really thinks different... I'm not sure I can compete!

What the heck is a What's It? I really think you're makin' things UP now! I want the official syllabus on writing What's Its! Did you follow the rules? Do they all have to use Ahuh? I'm going to study up on What's Its! I think I can DO this!

I think you have hit on something in Pigeon Falls. Maybe ALL candidates should run without party affiliation. ... I wanted a pair of those diamond studded flip flops! I really DID! But those women kept pushing me AWAY from Pigeon! They were being sO greedy! I finally just sat down and ate my pickles...

6:10 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Hi Dr. John. Haven't been here in awhile. I'm still not blogging but I do like to visit. When I got here I suddenly got a mental picture of a man biting a dog in that build-a-bear workshop because the man was opulent and thought of the dog as disparaging when he saw the lipstick stain on the dogs jowls and immediately pictured Sarah Palin, who thinks she has much preponderance as in superior power, but then I watched the more gentle side of the dog biter as he went out and meticulously opened the clothes pins on the tree limbs to let the falling leaves drop onto the smoky quartz colored ground. Well, gosh I am too tired now to do the next batch, but I sure was occupied for a minute.

Hope you and your better half are well.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

Moisturising the seats with Elmer's Glue? Don't think that would work!

Love the "Definitely not Poetry"!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

I've just discovered your blog and have only one question: what took me so long? Laughter is good medicine and I've certainly had a dose of it today!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Brilliant as always. I hope poor Agent 012 will have a good day at some point. He tries so hard. You are so clever at this and I love the whimsy of your stories. I especially loved what you did with the vanity words.

judie did some nice close (comment) wordzzling.

8:56 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

i've said it before but i'll say it again: you are a wordzzle wizard.

poor 012, he always ends up to his neck in trouble :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I think I may be related to Agent 012 ;)

I don't know where to begin either!

the one sentence!

the poem! - actually I started singing it LOL
it has a perfect rhythm.

you're sooooooooo good at this!!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed myself silly over that poem!

11:12 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

You are very good at this Dr John. My brain becomes paralyzed in these situations, just like when I play scrabble.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

dr john: Well once again agent 012 is foiled. Let's hope he does better next week. Keep it up.

Rich

2:12 PM  
Blogger Chatty said...

Ummm... I accidentally left my comment for THIS post under the topic below it. Wordzzle comment, I mean.
So, to be fair, I will leave my comment for the post below in this comment box ; )
I really like the starting quotation about waking up, and I'm in love with your dog. When one of my dogs outwits me to get something they want, I tell myself "you have to be smarter than the dog"...well, I know I am smarter than the dog, BUT if a dog wants something badly enough, sheer persistence will beat brains almost every time!
Oh, and this is cute - the word verification for posting this comment is "smattle". Now, in my opinion, "smattle" should be a word, so I'll work on a definition...now that I have the correct spelling ; )

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, this is brilliant! How on earth do you do this? You are amazing!

Ahuh! Ahuh! Ahuh!

:-)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Wow! what an incredible imagination you have!!!

I want to thank you for your continued prayers for my niece Teresa. I am posting updates about her on my blog.
Last I heard the doctors are still trying to dissolve the blood clots. Surgery is not an option because of all the blood thinners they are giving her.
We are still praying, hoping and trusting the Lord.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how you were going to get build-a-bear workshop in there and you did it!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Lu' said...

Ha, good. I enjoyed the What's It best.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home