Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday is Me Again

Today's Link
Lifeafter

Saying for the Day
The only thing wrong with doing nothing is that you never know when you're finished. ~Author Unknown

Picture of the Day

It is Monday and time for me to shake some stuff out of my head so you can examine it. The vehicle will be some phrases I got on Friday from Melli.

1. Follow the yellow line down the hall to the radiation lab but watch it flip-flops at the corner..
2. Something I always take with me on vacation is my CPAP and some pickles.
4. I am verrrrrry friendly is so very true.
5. I have an extra large seat belt.
6. Rootbeer? Ice cream? Soap? Can be used for moisturizing.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to the Chicago game, tomorrow my plans include NCIS and Wednesday cleaning some more in the basement.

Now all you amateur psychologists , feel free to analyze.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Lots of excitement in Pigeon Falls this morning. There was a fight in the street in front of the museum as two people tried to be the first one in to get the one non reserved ticket. They knocked down a section of the cute picket fence around the museum and broke a trellis as they flip-flopped around. . The museum director called for the constable and both men got arrested and taken to the jail in Crystal Falls. These ghost groupies are crazy. The five with reserved seats ignored them and went in. The museum will drop all charges as soon as they pay for the damages. One lucky person from Chicago got there just before the concert started and bought that last ticket.
It seems like Pigeon Falls is out of pickles. You can’t buy a pickle anywhere. Pigeon bought up all the pickles in the one grocery store and at both specialty stores for his new restaurant. A new shipment is not expected until Friday.
Willie, the town drunk, drove his car into a tree knocking out three front teeth. He swears he was sober at the time but it’s obvious he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. If he had a license they would take it away. He’ll get a week or two in jail. His good friend Selma gave him her moisturizing cream to use on those bruises on his face. He looks just terrible, like something out of a Halloween horror flick. You know ! like the “Revenge of the Undead”.

Wrap Up
A good day today. Pennie got up early and went to Madison to a conference for a week. That means we have the dog all the time. I posted the Sunday sermon and this week's bible study to the St. Mark's website. In the afternoon it was back to the basement. We kept cleaning out boxes until there are non left under the tables. There were a few suprises. One box marked old o27 track had no track just train cars. We are almost ready to start on the next module. Coming back upstairs I visited blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
********************************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger Russell said...

Heh! I laughed at the line about how they would take Willie's license away ... if he had one!

Before I retired from lawyering I had several clients who got arrested for driving with a suspended license. These were always folks who were indigent. One lady was driving to her job as a housekeeper or maid at a chain hotel. One fellow was on his way to day labor.

These were usually decent people who were ignorant and, of course, poor. I always had really mixed emotions about how the law treated - or mistreated - them...

Regardless of that deep thinking (!) I always enjoy your wonderful Pigeon Falls stories!

Take care.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Why dont the ghost groupies go to Nancy's? Maybe Nancy needs to get a piano and a pair of shoes for her coffee shop. She could sell alot of coffee and maybe sell alot of Tommy TW's books.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFLMBO!!! YOU are a Word Junky!!! Totally addicted!!! And THAT is my official diagnosis as an amateur psychologist!

I love the saying for the day today! Too true!

This ticket thing is just getting OUTTA control! I think the museum needs an expansion! OBVIOUSLY a larger room is required for this piano and the dancing shoes! I am NOT coming down there to be pulverized by some crazed looney to get a ticket! I wonder if they would sell the ticket to PF resident a day in advance. I could get Amanda to get it for me... But then I'd probably get beat up just for HAVING it! Sheeeeeeeesh!

Whoever bought all those pickles better watch out! That is going to cause some serious water retention! OH! I wonder if there's a new pregnancy in Pigeon Falls? Gosh! It's probably quintuplets!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I love your picture - if she had black hair instead of the brown she'd look exactly like my dear old dog who died. She looks like she has a lovely nature.

9:03 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

It would be a severe catastrophe if a town were to run out of pickles... My Grandma made the best dills in the world and we always kept a generous supply hidden in the pantry. Sadly my supply has just about run out.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

“Revenge of the Undead” now that was funny. I can imagine someone in Hollywoood making a movie with that title.

You have a wonderful day, and one for Betty as well.

11:59 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

phew, i wonder if haloween will reveal any of the pigeon falls mysteries...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Catch said...

oh honey...your gonna get way sticky usin that ice cream and root beer for moisturizer..youd do much better with some ponds!!! Is it still leave a comment Monday???

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Dad


Me Pennie

4:57 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

This picture reminds me of our Springer Spaniels, Duke and Prop.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Good job with the cleaning...I need to do that.

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You taught me something. I didn't know trees had teeth!

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home