Tuesday, October 14, 2008

JUst a Little Math

If your here for Jeff's picture story thingy then scroll to the Wrap Up on the bottom of the page. Of course you could read the stuff in between since I went through all the trouble to write it.

Today's Link
The Funny Farm

Saying for the Day
Somehow our devils are never quite what we expect when we meet them face to face. ~Nelson DeMille

Picture of the Day
( Peter's Dog Spanky-Just Visiting)

A Little Math
I don’t watch a lot of television, a liitle in the morning and a little at night during my breathing treatments. Otherwise it is really boring to just sit there and breath. But for the last couple of nights I have seen the same political attack commercials over and over. Three by Obama whacking McCain and one by McCain whacking Obama.
Now before Raven leaves me a critical comment ( but not hateful) I rush to say I don’t believe that is because Obama is meaner than McCain . He just has more money and can pay for more commercials. And as far as his running negative commercials MCCain made him do it. He didn’t want to it . He was forced into it.
For the most part I ignore negative commercials on both sides. They give me a headache. But one of the Obama commercials grabbed me. In the first half he tells us what a rat McCain is. How he is going to waste a trillion ( and that’s a lot) dollars of our tax money if elected . Worse he is going to give tax breaks to the filthy rich, and to the big bad companies that send our jobs overseas, and to the greedy oil companies that raise our gas prices. And it gets still worse McCain is going to and has given nothing to the middle class and the poor. Why I want to take up a brick and throw it at that rotten McCain.
But then in the second half of the commercial Obama tells us what he will do for the middle class and people making under $200,000 a year. That’s my class. I make under $200,000 a year.( Way under). This promise is for me.
He promises, if elected, to give us three times what McCain gave us. Wow! Three times. And he promises.
Now this is why I like Obama he makes a promise he can keep. Those other politicians promise us stuff that they know they can never deliver. But Obama he promises something he can give us.
Three times what McCain gave us. Lets see that’s how much?
Well if Obama wasn’t lying in the first half , and he wouldn’t lie, and McCain gave us nothing then Obama is going to give us three times that. Let’s see 3 x 0=0. That’s right three times nothing is nothing. You know he can and probably will keep that promise.
I haven’t decided yet if I should vote for him or the bad guy I’m still trying to figure out my share.
‘Lets see if you divide nothing by all those people each one gets …….

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
This morning Eino sat Jarod down and talked to him man to man. He said “ Amanda's first wedding was just a little chapel affair - only her family was there. . She didn't even have a gown. She just wants to DO IT UP right this time! Besides she has plenty of money. Her former husband left her well provided for. He was even more frugal than Jarod so he saved almost everything he made and invested well. Amanda is probably a millionaire. So Jarod should let her have the kind of wedding she wants.. Let her , once in her life realize her dream.”
Poor Jarod felt so guilty after that little talk that he rushed to see Amanda and tell her she could have a ten layer cake, and rent the hall, and invite all kinds of people but he still insisted no alcohol. Amanda started to cry. She said “ I love you so much I would have done anything for you. You can not know what this means to me.” and she hugged him. Life is good again.
The Strange Life Travel Service contacted the Museum to see if it could buy up tickets to the piano playing in advance. It seems it had been arranging trips to Pigeon Falls to see and hear the piano but some of the customers complained because they had to stand in the hall. They would like to guarantee them a seat. The Board will meet tonight to consider the request.

Wrap Up
If your here for Jeff's Story thingy then sit back and relax. Imagine, if you will that my computer room is a bus station.Why? because this is my story and I told you to. See the two people with the suitcases those are my grand kids. They were here Sunday and packed up and went home but they left the dog dish.Which has nothing to do with the story.
A month ago I sat down in this station to watch the great big clock on the wall and wait for Jeff's Van to come in with the pictures for the next story.. At first the hands went very slow, a month is a very long time, you know. Then they moved faster
and faster but I had quit watching.
An so the stupid van came in an parked in front of the restaurant that has the open sign on all the time even though it isn't. It was ready yesterday for me to unload , spread out the pictures, and write and publish a story. But I didn't know it. So I didn't do it.
Hey its not like I have been sitting here
making little love notes with

alphabetical candy

or playing pool



or eating nice little snacks.

No!
No. I've been blogging, Day after day. Word after word. Deep thought after deep thought. And you only show up for the story thingy ( if that's why your here). Sorry about that I tend to rant a bit. But it's not like Jeff called me on the cell phone I keep in the fanny pack that I wear around my neck instead of the usual place. In case my oxygen runs out and I fall down. No, he didn't call. So I didn't know the metaphorical van with all the pictures were there. So it's Jeff's fault that this is the best story you will get from me today. But come back tomorrow and I'll have not one but two better ones.Please note I didn't say great just better.
*******************************************************
And now for something completely different. I had a great day today. In the morning I visited blogs that had great stories based on Jeff's pictures. They made me feel so inferior but I love to read them anyway. In the afternoon we opened the new train. What a great engine . We have it pulling four passenger cars on the new layout module. It even has a great whistle. The clean up , however, is going to take longer than I expected. The problem is deciding what to throw away and where to put what we are keeping. Coming up I visited blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

16 Comments:

Blogger Jeff B said...

Ha, you're a nut. I laughed all the way through your non-story story.

And I also like your political math. Bet none of the writers thought about that angle when they wrote that one.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

From each according to his abilities to each according to their needs. Sounds good, doesnt it.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Sandi McBride said...

Okay, I just yelled over to Mac...come read this guy...he's got it covered...I would suggest you run for Prez but you're probably not into that kind of pain and sorrow...like you math...me and the bad guy, all the way...

Sounds like a lively (lovely) wedding is about to befall Pigeon Falls...

Also enjoyed your...story? And love Spanky...looks like a running mate...
Thanks for stopping in to see me, and for the nice comment, too!
Sandi

5:53 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ahem... WHY is the story in the WRAP UP??? Are you trying to get OUT of wrapping things up this evening? I wish Eino would QUIT eaves dropping on me... although this time it did have benefit... I'm glad he talked to Jarod - so I forgive him... Is there NO one in Pigeon Falls who is interested in seeing the piano and dancer? I think they could sell 4 seats to the travel agency - but I think 2 seats should remain first come/first serve - because ONE of these days I'm going to get MY lazy butt up in time to get down there ... and I want to get a ticket!

Your math skills are amazing!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

You will not have sleepless nights anymore to decide for whom to vote. Obama must be your candidate. He will not fail you and give 3 times what McCain promised. Even if it is 3 times nothing. But he will have his promise kept. Well, perhaps he will find a way to get around it!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

OMGG you so made me laugh with hour POW! What a great take on the idea.

Did you ask Spanky to clean your windows with his tongue? He looks just about ready to do just that! LOL

8:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Politicians have all the answers, until they get in office.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love your political math(s) - (I'm British. Sorry it has to be maths.)
But I do love it. Where I come from 3x0=0 too.

And your non story story? Had me creased up. Guilty as charged sir! I'll try 'n' remember to come by tomorrow...

*still laughing. Wipes tear from eye...*

(Thanks for visiting mine. Hey! Come to think of it, don't I only see you at mine once a month? Hmmmm... )

9:25 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Great observation on the political ads. I think that I saw that Obama ad this morning. lol Makes you wonder, why didn't he say 5x, 10x, or even 100x? Maybe, he thought that people wouldn't believe him.

Yeah, the attack ads have gotten into full swing, but I've got to give both sides credit. It took them a lot longer to get to the attack stage than in most campaigns, esp presidential. Hey, they were throwing mud back in the Adams-Jefferson election. Unfortunately, there's nothing new about it.

Ah, but your story ... yes, I said it story. I don't remember anywhere in the rules where it had to be a ficitional story. ;) I thought that was an extremely creative way to use them. :)

(Oh, and you do know that Jeff will be posting the new ones on Friday, I think. So, you could see them a lot sooner if you so desired.) :)

Have a happy day!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I hope you find the inspiration to vote Dr John, our Federal Election is today and I've been out to vote. I really didn't know who to vote for either so just picked one. Figured Candidate A can mess up the country just as good as Candidate B or C and So On.

A Blessed Day is wished for you and Betty.

1:06 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

thats spanky for yah!
LOL

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The campaign commercials are so ridiculous, you can't believe any of them so I just laugh at all of then.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Roan said...

Why on earth would you feel intimidated. This is my first visit here, and I will be back. I was mesmerized, amused, and enthralled! BJ

4:44 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

I love the quote at the top of this. The political ads are silly. I get that. However, AARP had a good break down between Obama's and McCaine's plans. There's no doubt which one would be better for people who earn under 200K if they were actually implemented. I'm an Obama supporter so I'm not exactly neutral but I did find the articles in the AARP bulletin and magazine interesting as they had pretty solid information.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

O said he wanted to spread the wealth around. Right now the line is drawn at $250,000. With a Dem Pres and veto proof Dem Congress, what is going to stop them from lowering that bar?

We best remember the words from Niemoller.

http://www.hoboes.com/html/FireBlade/Politics/niemoller.shtml

BTW, the quote in my first comment is from Karl Marx.

5:42 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Well don't worry Dr John politicians never keep their promises. Glad you had a good day.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home