Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday is Me Again

Today's Link
Accidental Thinker

Saying for the Day
An expert is a man who tells you a simple thing in a confused way in such a fashion as to make you think the confusion is your own fault. ~William Castle

Picture of the Day

This last week Melli had a meme on handbags but I don’t have any so I borrowed this meme from The Mental Pause Chronicles.

What tv game show/reality show would you like to be on? None. I hate reality shows and don’t know enough for quiz shows.

What is the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD? VHS– Dicken’s Christmas Carol

What is your favorite scent? Saffron Bread cooking

If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on? Pay off the mortgage and have fun giving the rest away.

One place you've visited, can't forget and want to go back to? Cornwall

Do you trust easily? Yes, much too easily.

Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? Yes

Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days? Political self righteousness. Don’t get me started.

Do you have a good body image? No. I look like scrap.

What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon

What websites do you visit daily? Some thirty of them.

What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Oxygen

What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Didn’t get tagged-borrowed the meme

What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Only a Faded Letter

Favorite clothing? Shirts with zippers and pockets

Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? I have loved Rice Krispies since I was a kid. Put some bananas on them and they are perfect.

What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? Go see my doctor. I’m hallucinating again.

Items you couldn't go without during the day? Pop, eyeglasses, my computer

What should you be doing right now? Nothing. I’m retired.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Herman Hatlverson has been busy telling everybody that according to his second vision Obama will be our next President. – Nellie Laaksonen Got so upset that she hit him with her umbrella. ”No drunk will tell me who is going to be President “ she hollered. Sometimes in Pigeon Falls politics gets a little physical. But Herman said “ Hey, I don’t like Obama but a vision is a vision. I’m a seer you know and us seers can’t control our visions”
Amanda and Jarod , Pigeon Fall’s newest romantic couple have hit a little bump in their relationship. It seems that Jarod is upset with her wedding plans. “ All I wanted” , he said, “ Was a little family wedding with a few friends and a small non-alcoholic reception in the Church Fellowship Hall. But now, after talking to her friend Melli, she wants a ten layer wedding cake and to invite everybody in the world. I swear if she was Catholic she would invite the Pope. She wants to rent the Veteran's Hall and have one of those drunken parties for the reception. It’s all Melli’s fault”. Amanda says he is exaggerating . She does want a ten layer cake but a reception in the Church Fellowship Hall for just a few more than he planned would be fine. Well they have until the first Saturday in November to work it out. Even in Pigeon Falls true love never run s smooth.
This morning there were the usual eight or nine people at the museum at 6:00. Six of them got tickets to the piano room and the other three paid to stand in the hall. The head of the Museum Board said that he didn’t know there were that many crazy people in the world.
Somehow the owner of the Fly Inn found out that the Saturday night bartender served Herman Hatlverson six driblets. He promptly fired the bartender. It seems obvious to everyone he has made some kind of deal with Petrovich.

Wrap Up
Fun Monday is doodling today and I don't doodle. But Betty does and you can click HERE to see hers. Worked on the Church Bible Study for the week this morning. In the afternoon Betty and I finished ( almost) module two of the layout. All the plastering is done, most of the little details have been added, and with much trouble the new electric switchtrack was installed. Tomorrow we decide which passenger cars to use on this module and the open the new engine and try it out. After that we clean up for a couple of days before starting on the third and final module. I visited some of my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
************************************************************************

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Sounds like Petrovich wants to squash the competition. What is he afraid of?

5:00 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ooo Coooool! Now I get to borrow a meme from YOU! Whooo hooo! But I'll give you ONE of MY answers now... I doubt - seriously doubt - that you are TOO trusting! Because if your TRUST is in the Lord then you are free to trust anyone or anything else knowing fully that HE is in control! God has made me do some pretty strange things... but I have trusted Him and it always works out great!

I can NOT believe that Jarod is blaming this all on ME! I told Amanda I thought FIVE layers was MORE than enough -- sheesh... I only had THREE on MY wedding cake! But you know... Amanda's first wedding was just a little chapel affair - only her family was there. He didn't have any family in the area. She didn't even have a gown. She just wants to DO IT UP right this time! I am kinda wondering how they're going to fit that Orchestra in Fellowship Hall... is the Hall THAT big?

Has ANYone bothered to ask these out of towners WHERE they're coming from and how they knOw about the piano???

6:03 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I liked the answers on this, I may even do it myself. I've already posted but can put up a Post Script.

Thankyou for Sharing

12:22 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol I'm no expert
I guess that's why I'm confused
Sorry What day is it again - Monday? - which month?

2:05 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

I liked your answers on the meme.. I like that you borrowed rather than was tagged..

Have a great monday!

2:30 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

i blogged its amazeing i know.

TCOB

3:41 PM  
Blogger B.R.L said...

:)BEST BLOGGER TO TCOB AWAD:)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

That's a great meme. I might borrow it.

I love Rice Krispies and a banana too. Hmmmm, I think I'm going to go and have some right now. :-)

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. Thank you for the link to my blog. Always nice to meet other bloggers. I am honored!

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home