Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Me and More me

Today's Link
OMyword

Saying for the Day
"Be yourself" is about the worst advice you can give some people. ~Tom Masson

Picture of the day:

It is Monday and time for you to get more of me. My thanks to Catch from whom I borrowed the two memes and Melli for the fill in.
Random Joy

1. What color is your shower curtain? No curtains-tub with a door.
2. When swimming, if you really need to pee, how likely are you to just go where you are? Not very.
3. Have you ever tampered with someone's food? No –See how good I am.
4. Which of your friends would you consider to be the most stylish? Stylish! My friends?
5. When was the last time you were on a plane? Eight or nine years ago . We went to Disney World..
Feeling Under the Weather

1. When was the last time you were sick? Better ask when was the last time you were well.
2. Do you make an effort to try to avoid germs in places like public washrooms? No
3. What's the longest time you've been away from work/school due to illness? Well I was in a coma for two months . Does that count?.
4. What's your favorite comfort food for when you're not feeling well? Chocolate
5. Are there any foods that you can't eat anymore, due to past experience with food poisoning? Tomato because of my allergy and foods associated with tomatoes even if there isn’t any there now.

Monday Fill Ins

1. Right now, I'm feeling pretty good!

2. Where I want to be Finland.

3. How does one pick a candidate between these two post turtles?

4. What keeps me on track is lots of prayer.

5. Please don't spill water on me.!

6. What fills me with joy is my wife,my kids, my grandkids, my dog, and my God.

7. And as for the week, tonight I'm looking forward to trying to find the song “Faded Letter“, tomorrow my plans include working on the layout and NCIS and Wednesday, checking out blogs for “ today’s link”.

Now see how much you know.
Pay attention !. There will be an exam.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Herman Hatlverson decided on Saturday that becoming the seer of Pigeon Falls was more important than keeping his wife happy. So he closed up the bar at the Happy Pigeon drinking six Haltvers (driblets) in the last hour. He staggered out but the Happy Pigeon is handicapped accessible so there were no steps to fall down like at the Fly Inn. He did trip over the edge of the sidewalk when he got to town and had trouble getting up. But eventually he made it home only to find the front door locked . So he feel asleep on the front porch. During the night he swears he saw a bright light and a voice said “ Cow on the Masonic Building Roof”. He says this is the third of his Haltvers ( visions). His wife told him he was crazy and if he did it again she was filing for a divorce. But he keeps telling her he had a vision. She says a cow is more likely to jump over the moon than to end up on the Masonic roof. But even if one did of what earthly use is such a vision. But Herman thinks it proves he’s a seer and that this is his destiny.
Melli who is visiting Pigeon Falls this week caused quite a stir at Nancy’s . It seemed she bought a cup of coffee and various saffron buns every fifteen minutes and watched the poltergeist juggle pumpkins. The ghost groupie who paid $ 30 for that privilege was very upset.. Poor Nancy doesn’t know what to do.

Wrap Up
A good breathing day today. I got the Church Bible Study up and posted. In the morning I visited some blogs. In the afternoon we finished the wiring for the train and the new control table is in place. Not only that but everything worked. Tomorrow we build two tunnel entrances and a mountain. Coming up I printed out two pages of pictures from the Craft Sale for the bulletin board. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*************************************************************

13 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Didnt the knights in Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail throw cows over the castle wall in a fight? Seems to me getting a cow on the top of the Masonic Building shouldnt be too awful hard.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Dragonstar said...

I hope Nancy doesn't worry too much. Seems you can't please everyone.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Carver said...

I enjoyed your stories and also the memes were fun. Good photograph to start with too.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I DO see how much I know! You were in a COMA - for 2 MONTHS??? That's serious business ... I'm so glad you came out - and you're okay!

Rumors! All RUMORS! My how those tongues wag! I only had ONE saffron bun... but I had breakfast AND lunch! WHO could eat a saffron bun every 15 minutes??? Those are the biggest buns I've ever seen -- well except my backside in a mirror! Sheeeeeesh! How big of a tip did the ghost groupie leave, huh???

Now I know Herman is NO seer! And it wasn't the Masonic Hall he saw! The cow was on the ROOF at Bowen's market -- and I have a picture to PROVE it! (and I'm certainly no SEER -- but I did SEE it!) LOL!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hi there Dr. John. Just to let you know that I am blogging again.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

You were in a coma for two months???? Obviously you're out of it now because you're writing the very interesting news from Pigeon Falls. (wink)

8:10 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Wow..a two month coma.. praise the Lord you got out of that one!

10:19 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

well you can't be serious about an exam, can you?

12:49 PM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

Add me to the list. Tell us about the 2 month coma. That must be a worthwhile story. Love the saying for the day. I'm still laughing! I think I may borrow the memes from you sometime soon.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Russell said...

I enjoyed your quote for the day! Heh! I had heard that before and each time I hear it I still laugh!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, wish you have a nice day!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Those are pretty strange questions. I thought your favourite food was ice cream.

10:40 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I once tampered with my beagle's food; I put a hot pepper inside her meat. Granted, I was a kid, but dang that is no excuse. She didn't even notice as she wolfed it down unchewed.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home