Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Young Love

Today's Link
The Pineapple Report

Saying for the Day
The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck


Picture of the Day
(From the archives)
News from Pigeon Falls
(Young Love)
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
There was no Tommy Club meeting yesterday so Tommy Uk and Tammy agreed to meet in the old barn where they had played so often as kids. There they could sit in the old blue convertible that hadn't run in years but in their imagination had taken them all across the country.
If you looked through the big crack in the barn wall you could see the pond and with the imagination of a child it became a beautiful lake. Just the right place for a picnic.
Ah! But they weren’t children any more, at least they didn’t think so. They hadn’t come to sit and go on imaginary trips. They had come because they were afraid of the gathering storm that was about to burst on Pigeon Falls. They knew it was only a matter of time before the dark shadow of the driblet would fall and the town would cease to exist. Their parents might not understand but they did. They put childhood behind them and set out to save the town.
So they sat in the car, one of their favorite places to think. There would be no stupid Tommy Club members hollering out weird ideas during a brainstorming session, no just the two of them searching for the one right answer that could save the town.
So they sat and thought. After a time the silence began to get to them. Being a hero isn’t easy you know.
Tammy could be in the house grinding the coffee beans for the evening coffee and Tommy UK could be home in his secret place watching his father prepare a body. But instead they sat in silence in the old car just thinking.
Suddenly without warning Tammy leaned over and kissed Tommy UK full on the lips

. In that moment everything changed. Thinking stopped and feeling began. Two childhood friends ceased to be children and the car took on new meaning.

One can not know where it would have gone but it was at that moment that her parents called them in to super.
Love and saving the world would have to wait.

Wrap Up
Just a reminder the last of this series will be tomorrow entitled " Love Lost". Coming up two adventures of Agent 012 , one on Friday and one on Saturday since Raven gave us two lists and I can't choose between them. In the morning I did a little blogging then I scanned slides. Betty went to a Bible study.She stopped at Shop=Ko fdor pop and bought a table. It is four feet by two feet and fits as the transition from module three to the new lake module. I was going to build it but given how slow I am buying is much faster. we put it in place and cleaned off the table that will be half of the lake module and moved it into place. We are now a week and a half ahead of my schedule. Coming up I finished scanning this set of slides and visited tier one of my links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************************

12 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Raven gave us TWO lists??? I missed that! I only got one!

WOW! Tommy & Tammy finally kissed! I knew it would be Tammy that initiated it! A new door has opened...

Betty really does like handbags doesn't she? TWO at a time!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

I love the saying for the day....Erma Bombeck was such a wonderful witty woman. Also, the picture is great!!!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a little girl in that photo wishing for her own ear of corn!

Which series is ending?! NOT Pigeon Falls, please!

And I'm glad Tammy and Tommy didn't advance to the Wedding Cake. I was a little worried!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Today's saying was great. So is the story for today. Thanks for your comments yesterday, they meant a lot to me.

10:05 AM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Such a true and amusing say of the day.. I totally related to it.. thanks for that!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Love the saying for today.

I think you have me to thank for the two lots of Wordzzle words - do I duck now? ;)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Ah, young love. What a sweet story.

2:12 PM  
Blogger juliana said...

cool saying for the day...
romance is in the air, eh? i wonder...

2:12 PM  
Blogger Carver said...

The saying of the day and the photograph are great. I like the romance of your story.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Jeff B said...

A three-fer on stories. I love it.

The title for this one was perfect.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Jeannelle said...

Thank you for the quote from Erma Bombeck. I haven't thought of her for ages; my mom used to have her books lying around the house when I was a kid.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

I was going to suggest buying a table but did not know if it would be the right height...glad it worked out.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home