Saturday, April 26, 2008

Real Internet Facts

Saying for the Day: The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom. ~Jon Stewart
It’s time for more Internet Facts. The wonder of the internet is that you can learn things your friends don’t know. When they ask where you got the information you can say from the internet. To help in your search for knowledge I offer fifteen internet facts. One of them has a higher probability of truth than the others which I made up this morning. But I make up some pretty truthful things.
1. Watermelons are the state fruit of North Carolina.
2. Nebraska is the only state that does not have a state bird.
3. Dragon skeletons have been found in England.
4. Jimmy Carter was the first American President born in a hospital.
5. The movie star Tom Mix was killed by an angry husband.
6. Cows love to go up and down stairs.
7. Over a thousand people die every year from grape poisoning.
8. Diet root beer can give you a high. ( Proven by college students)
9. Computer openings were originally called Computer Activated Terminals or C.A.T hence the term mouse for a plug in.
10. The American gray fox is not really a fox.
11. There is more dog food sold in the United States than hamburger.
12. The average canary lives eleven and one half years.
13. The phrase “Rule of Thumb” comes from a time when thumbs where used to measure.
14. Left handed people live longer on the average than right handed people.
15. The official rock and role song of Wisconsin is “ Don’t Step on my Blue Suede Shoes”
There you have it fifteen really great internet facts. Pick the one that has the highest possibility of being true.
#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. Another night without the dragon. There were fewer people at the dragon party last night. It seems as if this time in Pigeon Falls history is coming to an end. With no appearance by the dragon the party can’t go on. The owners of the Fly Inn Bar are considering having as great big “ After the Dragon Party”. Why not? One thing is as much fun to celebrate as the other.
Bonnie McGregor is doing well. Her pregnancy is proceeding normally. Her husband has been busy getting the room ready for the babies. All the old baby stuff that was stored in the attic of the garage has been hauled down. She only has one crib but her daughter is going to loan her hers. There is something almost magical about getting ready for the birth of a baby and twins doubles the magic.
The Forest Service was called because of some smoke on Mt. Hillary. People were afraid of a Forest fire. But then the smoke just stopped. The Service did a fly over but didn’t see anything . But then given Hillary’s constant position shifting they might have looked in the wrong place. Just another one of those mysteries.
The Tommy Club left this morning for a day of exploring . They are going looking for the cave on Mt. Hillary. They were advised not to but they went any way.
Petrovich still hasn’t posted the revised driblet to his website. People are afraid that this driblet marks the end of Pigeon Falls. If the town burns to the ground it won’t get rebuilt.
******

Today's Link-Anxious Moments- A look at the " What ifs " of life.
A rather dull day. We noticed that the heavy wind last night blew our grill over so you know it was heavy. I played on the computer most of the day. I did some blogging. I installed Betty's new PC game. We had trouble finding the installation code. They gave us two places to look and it wasn't in either place. I looked to see if my cable company had the movie refered to in today's link to rent but it didn't. Did some work on the children's sermon Pennie and I are doing tomorrow. Pennie went off to watch the NFL draft at Lambeau Field. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
From the archives. The grump at Mayo's.

8 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

A couple of days of no dragon and the people think that Pigeon Falls is coming to an end? Sounds like the townsfolk of Pigeon Falls are some what high maintenance.

My guess is number 11 --- because if Cows liked to climb stairs, all barns would have them.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

I believe them all, but it has been said that I tend to be a bit naive, and apparently someone has taken 'gullible' out of the dictionary. I was horrified....

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a fascinating filter, Dr. John. I learn some odd fact every single time I visit! Thanks! :)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

hard to choose- they all sound as they could be true. I'll pick the one about Jimmy Carter.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy Carter first Pres. born in a hospital, that's my guess... although there were a couple of other ones that might be true...AARRRgghh! Test Anxiety!

11:01 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Wow, John,
These all sound strange enough to be true. If you made up all but one of them... you're very good and I want you on my team next time I play "Balderdash."
I'm guessing that #4 is true. It just sounds right. My mother was born in Port Huron in 1930--in the front bedroom of the house she grew up in.
You should see how hard the word I have to type below is to read--it's the all time hardes word verifcation I've ever seen. I'll bet I get it wrong.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I am so late. Instead of living in blogland today we went to the beach. We played in the lagoon, did some whale watching, ate at an outdoor restaurant and sat on the seawall side-by-side and watched the sun set. It was lovely.

12:59 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I, too, think the one about Jimmy Carter is true.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home