Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm back

Saying for the Day: Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it. ~Alfred Hitchcock

I’m back. I am out of bed.
I have a doctor’s appointment for Monday.
Life goes on.

During my down time I got to watch my soaps again. Just when I thought I was cured.
Nothing has really changed. The good people are suffering. The bad people are never getting caught. That seems to be soap standard.
The bad guy always looks like they have him or her but at the last minute they escape retribution.
The good guy is lucky if he or she escapes death.
Soaps aren’t careful to get the law right or anything else for that matter. They have unbelievable surgical procedures. People get well in a day or two. They can make anybody look entirely different. Such advanced medicine.
Travel on soaps is extremely fast. You can be in your office one minute and five minutes later visiting a prison. They have some kind of transport we don’t know about.
Now I have to get well because I just can’t take any more soaps and stay sane.
Then again it may be too late already.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The strange pigeon activity goes on. Today they started one at a time from the town hall. The pigeon would land on the first building then fly across the street at a diagonal and land on the next.Then another pigeon followed. This continued until you had a line of pigeons crossing recrossing the street. When the first pigeon reached the end of the block it flew across and started again in the other direction. It was like something was directing them.
All up and down main street people had chairs and video cameras and were recording the pigeons. People who had heard of the pigeons came in on the milk train and spent the day pigeon watching.
Of course Nancy had a pigeon special, a cup of coffee and a saffron bun for $1.50. It gets cold out there on the street.
Wink’s and Kivi&Maki both had pigeon items on sale. Kivi&Maki had a DVD of the pigeons in case you didn’t bring a camera. Wink’s had a set of Pigeon Post Cards and cute little pigeon statues.
There was even some UP television coverage. One wouldn’t be surprised if a little video shows up on U-tube.
Until now there has been no word from Petrovich. People are waiting for him to give meaning to all of this.
Why do Pigeons cross the street? What is going on? Will Petrovich have a driblet? Is this the end of Pigeon Falls? And of course is Tommy UK really the undertaker’s kid?
******

Today's Link-Pigeon Blog- Well Why not?
It was a good day. My stomach was upset but my lungs were the best they have been in a long time. I didn't need the little oxygen bottles all day. I worked on the computer and caught up on a lot of eBay things. I also visited a lot of my links. Did some searching that Pennie wanted done. I took a nap in the afternoon but just a short one. Pennie and Betty went shopping. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

15 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

Oh we are so happy that you are well enough to get out of bed for a bit. I hope your doctor's appt is fruitful and doc gets you back in your feet asap.

i'm sorry you are not feeling well.

you are one strong man Dr. John. i admire your courage and will.

say hello to dear Betty and Pennie and Lori and the Pete and the grandkids for us. hope everyone is enjoying such a beautiful time of the year.

and about the soaps, it is just funny to me, how you don't have to see them daily or weekly actually and you can still catch up in no time. you are right, life and time in soaps are totally weird. i'm glad i don't live in them lol.

much love to you. many hugs and virtual chicken soup.

xooxoxoxo

6:19 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Glad to see you posting again. I haven't watched my soap opera in over 6 years and I had been watching it since my own birth. (Mom watched it and Grandmom listened to it on the radio.)

But I can bet if I sat down and watched it - not much would have changed and you know what is even more spectacular - some peeps miraculously come back to life.

I never could figure out that one.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Glad you are better.

So why arent Wink's, and Kivi & Maki selling pigeon themed umbrellas? I would think there would be a good market for that with all those pigeons flying overheard.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Ugh! Soaps! I used to watch Y&R faithfully- bet most of the guys on there have been married to most of the women on there at one time or another. It has to be just about incestuous by now. I don't miss them at all. Glad you're feeling better so you don't have to watch them.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. There is a lot of sickness around. Take care, it will take time to completely recover.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Glad you are feeling better Dr John, I missed not having the daily post. Here is wishing you a wonderful weekend.

You are right about the soaps, I just wish I could get across Calgary in 5 minutes the way folks can on the soaps.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, Dr. John. Next time skip the soaps and rent a video!

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanity is overrated anyway!

So glad you are feeling better today!

2:32 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Glad you are up & about
and feeling better

2:37 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

"I'm Back" said Dr John

sounding just like Schwarzeneger in the terminator "I'll be back ..."

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious what soaps you watch. I sued to watch Guiding Light but I made myself quit.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Dr. John, I hope you're feeling better. Well, what you need is some of that miracle treatment the doctors use in the soaps. People can be in a coma one day, and having an affair the next.

Take care!

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOUNDS AS THO PIGEON FALLS HAS GONE TO THE BIRDS! QUESTION: Is your current heading of a church in Wisconsin?
LOIS

9:30 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better!

I wish I had to time to watch soaps.. I remember getting so addicted to them during the summers and having to suffer withdrawls when the school years began..

Now I just don't have time!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i knew Francesca's news would make your heart happy. your family shares in our great news. thank you guys for caring and loving us.

your prayers with so many others have been heard and i'm so ever grateful.
thank you for always rememering us whith your time with God.

i'm glad you are a bit better. i'm hoping that you are right now sleeping soundly dreaming of beautiful things.

our love to you and your beautiful family. you and yours are part of our extended family are we are so happy and proud.

God Bless. Much love. Many hugs. God's Blessings.

xoxooxox

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home