Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday August 13

Saying for the Day:Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.----Today was the day of Pigeon Falls pulpit exchange and Pastor Marvel ended up in the Methodist pulpit. He came dressed as an old time Methodist and started his sermon by introducing himself as John Wesley. This is an excerpt from that sermon:" I want to share with you the most astounding experience I had at a place called Aldersgate. I had been reading Martin Luther on how the just shall live by faith. Suddenly my heart was strangely warmed and I knew that I was saved not by my good deeds but by what Jesus did for me at the cross. Jesus was now as real to me as you are. My life as a Christian really began at that point. Now I know that Jesus died for me and all people. God wants to save all of us. He wants you to have the same experience I had. You need to put aside your depending on good works and put your faith in Jesus. Then you need day by day to live out of that new faith with holiness supplied by God through the action of the Holy Spirit. Jesus loves you and wants you for his own." There was of course more to the sermon but this should give you an idea of what Captain , I mean Pastor, Marvel said. In the afternoon the entire town was invited to gather round the bandstand and sing hymns. They blocked off the street and quite a crowd showed up. Its wonderful what can happen in small towns. The only other thing on the agenda was the pie social at St. John's Methodist Church. I tell you those Methodist ladies like to cook. They make great pies too. Well I'll keep you informed.
------I had a rough night last night with lots of leg cramps. In the morning Betty and I went to the Methodist church to hear Jack Koivisto preach. It was a good sermon in which the good news of Jesus was clearly put forth in an interesting manner while being true to the text. When we came home Betty continued to work on the gas station for the train layout. I worked on the computer and added a background hymn to the church home page. After lunch Betty got all the siding on while I ran the trains and took pictures of the flowers. Betty should finish the garage tomorrow. I added Betty's flower pictures to our web page at www.familylinna.com. Well I need a breathing treatment and a bath.
GBYA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home