Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nostalgeia

Today's Saying
Winter is the season in which people try to keep the house as warm as it was in the summer, when they complained about the heat. ~Author Unknown

Christmas is a time for a bit of nostalgia so I have gone back into the archives for some nostalgic pictures.
This one is by request of Dr. Jim;

This is a Christmas tree from my childhood . The little girl is my sister Dawn.

This Christmas tree is from the parsonage in Trout Creek.

These are from the parsonage in Crystal Falls.














This from the house we owned in Crystal Falls.


But enough nostalgia.





Last night Robert spent some time with Tommy UK teaching him how his powers related to magic. He felt that given what was happening in Pigeon Falls he needed to do this.
First of all Tommy has the power to cover somebody with a cone of protection. It operates like a shield in Star Trek and wards off magic. The cone will keep somebody from using magic to hurt that individual. Once placed the cone will last for several months and then slowly fade away. So if he is going to protect somebody he has to remember to renew the cone every two months or so.
Secondly he can put a cone of power around the magician preventing the spells from being spoken. It’s like putting a gag on Billy Batson in the old Shazam comics to keep him from becoming Captain Marvel. The only difference is the person can speak non spells without any problem. This cone also needs to be renewed every two months or so.
The problem is that a really strong Magician will have protections in place to prevent a shielding. Then it becomes a test of power, yours against his or hers.
Now Robert and Tommy need to have Mrs. Trumble draw up a list of the leaders of Pigeon Falls that she thinks we should protect since we can’t protect everybody. Robert reminded Tommy that every time he shielded somebody it drew down his power. So he shouldn’t do too many in a day and he needed a couple of days afterward to bring his power up to full strength again.
Mrs. Trumble felt that shielding anybody at this time was not necessary. The child seemed to be accidentally doing magic and so it wouldn’t be directed at the leadership. It might be directed at a parent or a relative but since there is no knowledge of who they are they can’t be protected.
Very reluctantly Tommy and Robert agreed with her since they really wanted to do something.
Somewhere in Pigeon Falls a little child says:
Покладіть кота в воду отвір - Джон Грін

19 Comments:

Blogger anthonynorth said...

Some great photos there. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

1:22 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

Merry Christmas Dr John to you and Betty and family.
Youre pics are great,thankyou:)

3:11 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Memories are a wonderful thing Dr John, especially if you have pictures to go along with.

Merry Christmas to you and Betty and the family.

5:47 AM  
Blogger LoieJ said...

We seem to be using the same type of tree and decorations every year, at least for the last 10 years, so I think that the pictures might all be the same. I don't know if I have pictures of trees from years ago. Your pictures make me wish I did.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hi Dr. John,
I loved your nostalgic photos. The photo with the first tree reminded me of my grandmothers tree Christmas tree's. Just beautiful.
Love Di

6:07 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I love nostalgia so thank you for sharing Dr. John. :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhhhh dear! It sounds like John Grin's cat is in trouble... or something like that! I hope it's nothing TOO serious... I hope they find that kid soon! I think they should put a cone around Petrovich's twins -- just to be on the safe side! Maybe the other twins too... But something tells me it's one of his own!

How do you HAVE all those pictures of your old Christmas trees? I don't think MY parents ever took a picture of our tree! LOL!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of the deer on the car and of your sister are just awesome. I can't even imagine how old they must be. Loved them all. Hmmm I'm hoping Mrs. Trumble isn't making a mistake about the baby. I still don't trust that kid yet. Have a great day :)

8:32 AM  
Blogger DawnTreader said...

There have been some variations over the years, I see!
Merry Christmas to you.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Christmas is a nostalgic time.

I am very frightened by those words that child just said.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Thank you, Dr. John, for sharing your nostalgia. I knew I would like the old Ford coupe that your dad had. We still have some of those running around here in Montgomery. They belong to members of our Early Ford V8 Club. Mine isn't that old, it is a 1950.
I'll give you a heads up when I put a picture on of the 35(??) or 36(??) Ford couple. I think we have two.

That poor cat! This child must be the troubled twin. I did see a cat swiming on TV the other day, a rerun of the Beverly Hill Billies. Someone had thrown it into the pool (cement pond).
To get the cat out, shovel dirt into the hole. The cat will climb onto the dirt and finally it will be near enough to the top to jump out.
You needed that advice, I know.
..

3:46 PM  
Blogger Lou said...

Say what little child?!?

4:04 PM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

I experimented with an online language translator and figured out the child's language, and now that I know what the child said, I'm thinkiong "Whaaaaaatttt????"

How is it that you know this language, Dr. John? I thought you were Finnish.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Uh oh. I wonder what the child said.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I love the nostalgia!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A whole passel of great trees!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Your Christmas tree from Trout Creek looks very much alike the Christmas trees in my childhood and later in my own home. Now we celebrate at my son's since two years, so I don't put up a big Christmas tree, just a little one.

10:30 PM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

coach outlet
goyard
balenciaga triple s
coach outlet sale
adidas iniki
off white clothing
michael kors outlet
rolex replica
bape hoodie
cheap jordans

7:45 PM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...


نجار بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالهفوف
شركة المتحدة لخدمات التنظيف
شركة تنظيف المنازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف الشقق بالرياض

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home