Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Fourteen-1

Today's Saying

Neurosis is no worse than a bad cold; you ache all over, and it's made you a mess, but you won't die from it.

~Mignon McLaughlin

Click HERE to get to my 55s

What you are about to read leans on the truth and bends it ever so little . But in the process every Friday you will catch a glimpse of me.

1. Large flocks of Geese were in the field behind our house last week. I hate geese ( stems from my childhood)
2. Kids flew kites in the field behind our house this week. I love kites. ( Stems from my kids childhood)
3. Some Congresswoman used a scooter like mine to show that Medicare money was being wasted. I dislike mouthy politicians . ( My mother was frightened by one before I was born)
4. A new season of NCIS has started. I like Gibbs. ( Stems from all the detective shows I listened to as a kid)
5. The Guiding Light , a soap opera, came to an end last week. I feel bad but didn’t watch it. ( Stems from my mother listening to it on the radio when I was a kid)
6. Fell asleep twice yesterday during the Young and the Restless ( Stems from old age and lazy brain cells.)
7. Noted poor dragon's wing is still off . ( Stems from procrastination and lack of proper glue)
8. Discovered we were trying to charge camera battery in the wrong recharger, ( Stems from inherent stupidity about electrical things)
9. Refinanced our mortgage from 7.11% to 4.8 % ( Stems from deep desire to save $2000 a year)
10. Got back to reading and finished one detective novel. ( Stems from guilt at money spent on unread books– wish it was from deep desire to read)
11. Am really enjoying doing business with our new bank.( Stems from everybody there remembering who I am and at least acting like they are glad to see me)
12. Continued slow process of closing down our Credit Union accounts. ( Stems from nobody there knowing or caring who we are and the manager lies)
13. Realized that poetry was sneaking in under my mental block . ( Stems from experience with three great blogs going head to head with bad childhood experiences)
14. Have fallen in love with Piggly Wiggily ( Stems from low priced Porter House steaks and cut watermellon)

Boy after that I don’t need to see a shrink. But you might.

(Click on the Pigeon Falls Graphic for previous chapters.)

One would expect Mrs. Trumble to be worried. She is, after all, part of that small group of people who knows the full extent of the alien menace and the nature of the rag tag defenders. She should at least look somewhat sad but instead people are commenting on the fact that she has never seemed so happy.
It could be the visits from Tommy UK every day, after school , have reassured her that they can win. Tommy UK also seems happier and almost as if he was in a hurry for the battle to begin.
The man in black has not shown up yet but then in the past he has never shown up until Tommy UK really needed him. So that is not much of a surprise.
Tammy , Herman, Calab, and Pastor Joan also seem to look less worried.
It could be that they have done all they can.
The special blankets are piled on a table at the Last Lutheran. Tammy, Calab, and Herman have rehearsed what they are going to do when the time comes. Everybody knows what is expected of them. Pastor Joan and Herman have been doing a lot of praying.
The question of trusting or not trusting the man in black has been left open. At the moment it looks like they have to trust him.
The rag tag bunch will be waiting in the barn and if everything goes right Herman, Tommy UK, and the man in black will face the aliens on a main street cleared of people. The small group in the barn will be their surprise weapon such as it is.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love kites as well. Is Piggly Wiggly a restaurant or something? Oh never mind...I just googled a store. LOL on #8 I think the man in black needs to be trusted as well. It's the heads that I still don't trust. Have a great Friday :)

3:29 AM  
Blogger aims said...

I'm wondering what the woman did on the scooter.

People in a barn - we're a scary lot.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Russell said...

Interesting.....!

Laughed at your comment about using the wrong charger to charge the camera battery! Heh!

Seems like most people have about 3 or 4 or 6 remote controls for their TV(s), chargers for their cameras, chargers for their cell phones, and on and on.

I am guessing this Christmas a popular item -- sure to be seen on TV as an infomercial! -- will be some sort of organizer to keep all such things, well, organized!

Of course, in my case, I would find the charger but not the camera or phone! Heh!!!

Take care and thanks for stopping by!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! WOW! That FFFOFFFF was a LOT of sharing for you Dr. J! Can you really come up with 14 things like that EVERY Friday!? I'm going to enjoy this new item.... it's even better than the old "which of these is true?" ... though I did like guessing!

A large flock of geese MIGHT be better than a large flock of flamingos! ;)

I can't believe Guiding Light ENDED. I never watched it either - but soap operas don't END. They just go on... forever... HOW did they END it? Did the APOCALYPSE come?

Hmmmmm... yesterday the mayor was crying... today she is happier than ever! Maybe yesterday she was crying tears of JOY! Allll I know is... OCTOBER is almost here!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week geese in the field, this week there were kids with kites... but what about the goose poop?!?

How in the world could scooters = wasted medicare money?!? *sigh* Politicians rarely make sense.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

My little girl is growing up kite deprived, and it's all my fault. I have terrible luck with kites!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I had a kite as a kid, one very hot sunny day I took mine to a hill and had fun. It took a week for me to be able to sleep again, I was sunburned from head to toe.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Geese bite. Nasty creatures.

This was a great meme, Dr. John. I very much enjoyed reading it. (IT stems from your wonderful sense of humor.)

The mayor has gone from tears to joy over night. It must be a man. I'm hoping that man is Tommy's father!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Carma Sez said...

Good work on #9 - and on finding a decent bank...we don't have a Piggly Wiggly here but when we go on vacation we love to get goodies from the PW deli and bring them back to the hotel. The food is good and it saves us a big restaurant bill for one night.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Melissa B. said...

I hate geese, too. They don't migrate anymore, since they're pretty comfortable right where they are. They poop all over our school's fields and the track...quite a mess!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Loved your 14! :) And I'll mention to Thom that Piggly Wiggly is a grocery store. (At least it was when I lived in SC. I forgot that they had them in Wisconsin. Of course, if it ISN'T a grocery store, I didn't forget. I just made it up! LOL) Have a great weekend! :)

6:34 PM  
Blogger bettygram said...

The geese do make a poop problem on the school field where the kids were flying kites. The school must have some way of cleaning up, because it has been clean when I walk there.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

You are the dream of a psychiatrist ! Everything comes from your childhood ! He would need 10 min to analyze you and then take 100 $ !

10:56 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Your parenthetical comments are hysterical.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

Boy, I wish I could remortgage my house! My current loan is at almost 11 percent and for me, a new loan at 7 or 8 percent would be a blessing but one as low as you got would be heavenly!
So, the Guiding Light finally bit the dust huh? Thought that show would never end.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home