Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Ple for Help

Today's Link
Samba for Rats

Today's Saying
Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there. ~Virginia Burden

Today's Picture




This is a plea for help.
Thom and I have taken on the task of keeping Portrait of Words alive.
This is the blog that gives people a set of pictures that they can combine with their imagination to create stories.
We need pictures.

I know that some of you my regular readers are really great picture takers. I know you have archives filled with pictures. Could you please let us use six.
Please!

Here is what we need ( General guidelines)
1. A picture of a person or persons
2. A place -House, hotel, castle, island , barn etc.
3. An activity-Boating, card playing, eating , any activity
4. A means of transportation- Bus, car, train, boat, elephant, camel etc.
5. An object- A dog, a carving, things in a shop , almost anything
6. Another object

What do you get for letting us use six of your priceless pictures?

1. Our endless gratitude

2. A link to your blog when the pictures are used

3. A thank you on the Portrait blog when the pictures are used. 4. The right to display this symbol on your blog ( very exclusive)



5. The opportunity to read fantastic stories based on your pictures.



6. The knowledge that you got a poor old man back in his chair and out of his begging posture.( My knees hurt)

You can e-mail the pictures to me at

jlinna@new.rr.com

I wait to hear from you.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Yesterday Buddy East announced the theme for this year’s local Liar’s Club Contest :
“I remember when”.
The rules are simple.
The participant tells a story of something that might have happened in their life. It must seem true but not be true.
For example one could relate how one visited Egypt and fell on a pyramid and rolled to the bottom. Now if you really did you can’t tell that story but if you imagined what it would be like you can.
Interested people should register at the Town Hall. There is a $ 5.00 registration Registrants will be contacted and a time for the presentation will be made.
Judging as always will be by ten people off the street.
Stories will be told from the town gazebo.
Liar’s Club will meet later this week to decide if there will be a contest for the internet.
People wishing to nominate girls as Pigeon Queen can get blanks at the Town Hall.
Mrs. Paula Judson the new Librarian has agreed to be in charge of this years Variety Show. If you are planning to enter an act please contact her.
Because of what happened to Bruce Curman last year spouses may no longer carry spouses twenty pounds or more heavier than them in the spouse carrying contest.
Wrap UP
Temperature went down and this was a good breathing day. Betty went to Bible study in the afternoon. I visited blogs. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooperation - Well said.

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not even a camera owner but I know a few who take fantastic blog shots so I will let them know.
~Mary

4:21 AM  
Blogger Lou said...

Great quote as always.

I write inmates as part of a prison ministry..I have hundreds of "generic" pictures of the outdoors I take to include with letters. Some are on their way to you.

4:22 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I have to go to food cluster, shelter cluster and sanitation cluster meetings. Long hours. But tomorrow, I will take care of your requests. I am looking forward to it.

6:19 AM  
Blogger g-man said...

Seek, and ye shall find!

Check your E-Mail...Galen

7:24 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Careful with those knees!

I'll see what I can find.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh a Pigeon Queen. I can't wait to see that.

Love the contributor button Dr. John :) Well done my friend :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Be careful what you beg for. lol You may be inundated with pictures. I have some on their way to you too. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

How many bus and train pictures do you want? Can also send you some pictures of the Lads as well, you said you wanted dogs, but I have two adorable cats that like the limelight.

A Blessed day is wished for you and Betty n Family

11:49 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Can only those who supply photos take that contributor button Dr. John, or can those of us who write stories take it too? :)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Liar's club in Pigeon Falls could be reeeeal interesting.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh... I MISSED you yesterday! I missed everybody I think... But I have TONS of pictures you can have! I pulled a bunch of them the first time you asked me. I'll send them when I get on my desk top -- right now I'm on the laptop.

LOL! I think that is a GOOD rule about the spouse carrying contest! Goodness! I know Mrs. Curman didn't MEAN to drop him!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home