Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My 1500th Post

Today's Link
The Mossquitoes Buzz

Today's Saying
I want to have a good body, but not as much as I want dessert. ~Jason Love

Today's Picture
Lori ( Peter's Wife)

This is my 1500th blog entry but I'm holding off celebrating until I reach my 2000th

Family feud - The Blog Version........

Akelamalu (Everything and Nothing) posted this meme recently and invited anyone who wanted to have a go to go ahead and take it

If you want to play along, copy and paste the questions to a new post, erase my answers, and fill in your answers. Just remember, you can't use any of the answers I've already given or you'll hear a loud annoying buzzer go off in your head! If you want to pass the game along, tag 5 of your friends and don't forget to send it back to me. Remember, you can't use the same answer as the person who sent it to you..
Those are the rules that came with it-ignore them.
I have placed the answers from the last two people in red and my answers in dark black.

1.Name something you use in the shower. Exfoliator, Shampoo
Wash Cloth but who showers

2. Name a product for men. Palmolive Shaving Soap, Barbasol Shaving Cream
Gillette Fusion

3. Name something people hate to find on their windshields. Parking tickets, Bug guts A Pedestrian

4. Name something a man might buy before a date. Flowers, Earplugs
Bottle of Whiskey ( Not me but some man)

5. What is another word for blemish. Spot, Zit
Imperfection

6. Something you cook in the microwave. McCain Microwave Chips, Hot Pockets
Banquet Tv Dinner

7. Name a piece of furniture people need help moving. Wardrobe, Piano
Couch

8 Name a reason a younger man might like an older woman. We can teach them a lot! We aren't quite as needy!
Looks like Mom

9. Name something a dog does that embarrasses its owner. Humps their leg, Shakes slobber over visitors
Chews up Shoes

10.. Name a kind of test you cannot study for. Blood test, Eye test
Fitness Test

11. Name something a boy scout gets a badge for. Building fires, Woodworking
Computer Programing

12 Name a phrase with the word home in it. Home Sweet Home,"Home is where the heart is."
Home Home on the Range

13. Name a sport where players lose teeth. Boxing, Hockey
Wrestling

14. Name something a teacher can do to ruin a student's day. Give them a detention, Give too much homework.
Surprise Test

15. What is a way you can tell someone has been crying. Red nose, Red puffy eyes.
Runs in the Mascara

16. Name a bird you wouldn't want to eat. A sparrow , A vulture
Parrot-far too expensive

17. Name something someone would wear with a hole in it. Sock, Jeans
Undershirt

18. Name something that gets smaller the more you use it. Soap, Sandpaper
Wood Pile

I'm not going to tag anyone but do let me know if you decide to play along so I can come by and check out your answers

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Suddenly Mark felt the presence closing around him and trying to move him toward the door. He unleashed a blow of power to break the hold but the power passed through the presence and broke chairs and various dishes. Nancy ducked behind the counter. Again the presence tried to move Mark with no success and then Mark saw the big coffee pot floating toward him filled with hot coffee. He used his power to hold it in midair. Again he and the poltergeist were at a stalemate. Neither had the power or understood the other well enough to win this battle. Finally Mark began to move toward the door and the presence seemed to disappear as the coffee pot returned to its proper place.
As soon as he left Nancy called Herman who had just returned from his retreat. She told him there was a stranger with some kind of weird power that had just left the coffee shop, She described the damage which consisted of three chairs broken, several dishes and some cups smashed.
Herman hastened from the Church where he had been working to the Coffee Shop only to meet Mark along the way. The two men faced each other each sensing the others power. This is not the way Mark wanted to meet Herman, not at all. It was like a shoot out on the streets of Pigeon Falls and it wasn’t even high noon.

Wrap UP
One of those rough days. My breathing was rough. My arthritis really hurt, and I was in charge of my grandsons by myself. Betty's hip hurt worse today so she spent most of the day laying down. My grandson Alex made the breakfast and helped her with the lunch. She laid down in the afternoon while we cleaned the garage. We are now half done. It looks like a different garage. Pennie will do the evening meal when she gets home from work. The boys didn't even complain that we had to cancel the trip we planned after the garage cleaning because Betty's hip hurt too much to drive. She is hoping this will just pass. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************************

20 Comments:

Anonymous Thom said...

Congratualtions on you 1500 post. Wonderful list. I will do this in a couple of days. Wow not even high noon and all this going on in Pigeon Falls

1:06 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Well, even if YOU wait for your 2000 post to celebrate, I send you my best wishes and congratulations for your 1'500th post.

I remember, when you celebrated your 800th post, I was at my 100th. And now I am something like at 370.

Still a very, very long way to go to catch up with you. It does not look like I will ever be even with you.

Again, congratulations and warmest thanks for giving us the joy to read you daily.

Take care

Peter

1:30 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Congratulations on your 1500 post, I haven't even hit 900 yet. I liked your answers, but will refrain from doing the quiz myself.

Stop by the blog, I made another trip down memory lane and I think you will like what you see.

Blessings to you and Betty.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Wow! 1500! When I grow up I hope to have at least that many blog posts!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

*giggles* i don't want a pedestrian on my windshield either... and my pup's eaten a visitors cellphone and a pair of shoes already... oh dear!

and you're waiting for your 2000th post???? wow!!!!!

2:41 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Crikey 1500 posts - that's some going!

Loved your answers and the fact that you put the previous answers on there too - great idea.

Just one thing Dr. John, my blog is called Everything and Nothing not Are We There Yet?

5:20 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Congratulations on your 1500th post!! But why wait to celebrate?
I love today's saying, it's something I'll keep in mind when I crave something sweet again!
And your list is great!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Wow~ 1500? Congrats Dr J!
That's some list you have there!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

How do you know how many posts you have? Do you add them up or is there a total somewhere on Blogger I haven't found? Not that I am anywhere near your milestone. Congratulations.

You are feisty this morning. I like the look on the faces of the pedestrians on my windshield.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

1500! WOW! That's a lot of words and wisdom you've shared!

I will, of course, snatch this meme - but I'm not sure when I'll post it!

I really think Mark and Herman should just shake hands and talk this out... What IS the chip Mark has on his shoulder ANYWAY? The dragons haven't even come after him or anything! And Herman is a reasonable man...

7:57 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Congratulations ! I think I must be near this too. Unfortunately you didn't say when you started !
One thing is for sure it can't be 30 years ago !

8:19 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Congrats, anyway, Dr. John. We'll celebrate for you, and look forward to #2000. Loved your answer to #3!

Things are heating up in Pigeon Falls.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

Congrats on 1500! Having 1500 of most anything is quite extraordinary. Wow! And poor Mark.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

I'm with everyone else. Hooray for 1500 and congrats! Loved this meme too, you do find the best stuff! #3 was my favorite... I would so hate to find a pedestrian on my windshield too!! Happy 1500 and here's to 2000!

11:25 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

well, congrats on your 1500 posts!
although not 2000, that is quite a milestone.

things in pigeon falls are getting curioser and curioser...

1:52 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

A pedestrian! That is hilarious!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Bz said...

Dr. John, Thank you so much for stopping by. Yes, regarding taxes, I know I'm just part of a large club that feels the way I do. Have so enjoy perusing your place.. and love your answer to #16 on the bird you wouldn't want to eat- very true! Oh and your trains(!)... we are train lovers. Small and large...and all in between. Have ridden several (different sizes & locations; Durango, CO to Rusk, TX) and have more on 'our list' that we would like to ride someday. Got one for our toddler last Christmas. In fact, (long story), but erroneously got two...if you anyone that wants a Bachmann HO Scale Electric train Set that's still in the box form ?? '83 or ??- can't remember. Probably need to list it on eBay.
Sure have enjoyed looking around. Congrats on your 1500(!) blog post. Oh, don't wait to celebrate, life's short.
My best to you and your wife's health.

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching (and now surprassing) your 1500th post! Wow!

Today's Saying is so true, and yet it is often what we refuse to admit to ourselves. Seeing it in print is a wake-up call to make better decisions (or at least be happy with the decisions that I make).

Hoping that you & Betty both feel better soon!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
lexapro for sale
Any presence of the above will require you to undergo special procedures before taking Lexapro or a dose adjustment.
[url=http://www.topcobilliards.com/]lexapro without prescription[/url]
Some also experience symptoms of withdrawal upon stopping the use of Lexapro.
http://www.topcobilliards.com/ - lexapro cost
These withdrawal symptoms are tiredness, irritability, tingling, or bad temper.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy generic phentermine order genuine phentermine - buy phentermine mexico online

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home