Wednesday, April 01, 2009

What in the World

Today's Link
Memoirs of a Mother

Today's Saying
We do not deal much in facts when we are contemplating ourselves. ~Mark Twain

Today's Pictures
A Debater ( Long , Long Ago)
This morning around 2:00 the dog went berserk. I finally got up and went to the living room window to see if I could see anything. I opened the door for it to go out but it hid behind the door. Then I thought I saw something moving in the field behind the house. I went and got the camera and stepped out on the back porch staring into the darkness. Finally seeing the movement again I took this picture. If you look just to the right of the red dot you can see a shape. My camera flash didn't reach that far. ( Click on the picture to make it bigger)
With all the local panther talk and the dog acting the way he did I was a little worried or perhaps scared or even more than a little. I tried to get Maggie ( the dog) to come out on the back porch with me but it wouldn't. I didn't think the dog would be afraid of a coyote which is what I hoped the shape was.
Then it leaped the fence on Pennie's side of the yard and I pulled the patio door shut. I didn't think that coyotes could jump over picket fences but if they can I still didn't want to meet it.
Then I saw the dark figure moving up the stairs. I turned off the flash and shot this picture.
But it was so dark that you can just barely make out the shape. So I turned the flash back on and took this.


And then I adjusted the stupid flash and shot again.
This time the picture is perfectly clear.
I might make a photographer yet.
So here is our visitor.




It was either a dragon or an elaborate Aprill Fool's Blog Entry.You decide.




News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Yesterday, a little after noon the helicopter bearing the Homeland Security people set down on the edge of town. Two men dressed entirely in black exited and headed for the museum . They were carrying strange equipment some of which looked like weapons.
From his advantage point above them he watched the group go into the museum. His fool hearty exploits had again brought in the big guns. These were the people with the ability to detect who he was, but he felt confident that he could out maneuver them.
They set up their equipment , and began their investigation, scanning over the exhibit items. When they came to the White Rabbit they paused. They clustered together discussing what they found.
"It is here. Prepare the weapons"
In all his world travel he had not seen these weapons. Weapons trained now on him. He took a deep breath and with all the power he could muster as the White Rabbit, he blew. They stood their ground like a tree in a wind storm, blown about but still standing.
" It is definitely here."

Wrap UP
Today we thank Betty for writing part of the Pigeon Falls saga. Since we have one of her characters that has shown up in Pigeon Falls it seemed only proper she write part of the cross over. I hope you all enjoyed my April 1 blog. It is the first time my really bad photography was useful. I spent the morning putting callendar for April and the April Newsletter on the website. In the afternoon I visited everyone that visited my blog yesterday. In the evening we went to midweek service. We had some very special music. My daughter did the Lenten monologue and she was great. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*******************************************************

20 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

An Out Loud Guffaw!

Rabbit, rabbit.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Jinksy said...

Think it shows you're good at pulling the wool over our eyes!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You crack me up!

No foolin'

5:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Elementary my dear Watson, it's only a dragon...or is it?

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got me!
I think I'd better stop reading blogs today.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Hahaha ! you got me ! I was reading holding my breath thinking a horrible beast would show up and then ....

8:53 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

OF COURSE!!! It's MARK! That dirty little shape shifting son of a gun! I should have known...

Between bizzare happenings in Neenah, and bizzare happenings in Pigeon Falls, I can't keep it all straight anymore!!! I AM glad the panther was only a DRAGON though!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Had I read this first, you may have gotten me. But I already fell for one on a friend's post and now I am wary :) But I was ready with camera tips just in case you were in need of some help of truly capturing the "beast!"

9:14 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Yup - got me too! hehehehehe

Good one Dr. John!

9:22 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

ha! that was a cracker!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

You got me! I wasn't even thinking about what day it is.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Thom said...

ROFLMAO Excellent

Rabbit, rabbit

10:51 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

MARK! Perfect! He'll fit right in to Pigeon Falls. I hope he gets to stay!

And I am so glad your dragon was friendly and not of the man toasting variety.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

ROFL!! You had me holding my breath as well!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Gary's third pottery blog said...

you had me going with the coyote!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Oh you bad man, you got me! LOL

12:57 PM  
Blogger Connie T. said...

Happy April Fool's day. I'm going to make a pizza.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Good One Dr John

2:26 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

You had me wondering if I needed glasses!
Absolutely wonderful - it had me smiling.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Uh, oh! You got me! I thought I was going to get to see a coyanther or a panthote, at least! :) Well done, Dr. John!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home