Friday, March 27, 2009

Flash Fiction -So it Begins

Today's Link
Get a Bigger Cup

Today's Saying
If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time. ~Edith Wharton

Today's Picture
Linna's Drug Store-Long Time Ago
My First Friday 55 Flash Fiction-
Never

How long had they stared at each other?


Each hated the sight they were forced to see.

If they could they would have torn each other apart, piece by piece.

But it was not given them to do.
Not in a thousand thousand years.
For not even man was given the power to move mountains.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
After school yresterday Tommy UK and Tammy went to the museum and looked over the white rabbit. Tommy couldn’t find any sign that it had been moved. Everything seemed to be in order. It waved and winked when they turned it on just like it was supposed to. They finally gave up and went home to work on their homework.
This morning Eino looked at the video from last night. At 9:30 according to the time stamp Tommy UK and Tammy showed up and picked up the white rabbit and carried it toward the door. Then at 3:30 in the morning according to the time stamp they are seen bringing it back and putting it in its rightful place.
So Eino called Tommy’s father and told him about the video. His father said it was not possible because from shortly after nine until almost 10:00 they were talking. Tommy had a history project and he was reading the report and his father was telling him how he thought it could be made better.
The Eino called Tammy’s mother and she said that from nine thirty to 10:00 she was trying to help her daughter handle a problem she was having with one of the girls in school so she couldn’t have been there.
Now Eino is really confused. He has the video but he knows the parents to be honest. What is going on.

Wrap UP
Posted the Church bulletin to the website. Then I made labels for the trains I sold on E-Bay. Didn't get much but they are sold. Betty and I took them to the Post Office and mailed them off. Hear a rumor of a panther having been seen in the area but my guess is it was coyote. Tried to visit other 55 participants only to find there was no list, no linksy. It is hard to dig them out of the comments on another blog. I gave up and visited the blogs of the people who left comments on mine yesterday. My sister Dawn called. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
******************************************

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I know you prefer your stories brief Dr. John, but that's just a little too.

And what is going on in Pigeon Falls? I am baffled!

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm as confused as Eino LOL. Great job on the Friday 55 :)

2:02 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Good first 55. I like them short too.

Can videos lie?

Word verification is nessac

3:57 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Well, well well....
A newcomer to the Flash Friday Crew eh?
What an EXCELLENT job I might add.
I really liked this contribution.
I don't know how you came to know about this, but please make it part of your blog routine.
Thank You so much for visiting, Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End...Galen

4:42 AM  
Blogger Hootin Anni said...

A great 55. And this is your first attempt? Excellent.

My fiction for Friday is posted too, you'll need to skim down below my Friday's Show n Tell bunny to find it.

Happy weekend.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh my! I have another friend who used to do 100 word stories all the time and I was amazed by THEM! But 55?! I wonder HOW FEW words you could drop down to, and still tell an entire story? Hmmmm....

It's the leprechaun! He is jibberin' around with Pigeon Falls!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Very very good! Even I may be able to do this!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

What an interesting development. Tammy & Tommy UK must be getting close if they're being framed for the museum job! :)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job on your fist attempt :) i'm up here 55

8:50 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Eeeeek! What is happening at the museum?!

Great Friday 55 Dr. John.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love your 55, and I am very interested in what's happening in Pigeon Falls.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Ah you joined in Flash Fiction - great stuff Dr. John. You'll be hooked now. LOL

12:02 PM  
Blogger starbender said...

I was gone for so long, I feel lost in Pigeon Falls. So much has changed. Guess I need to catch up!

|田田 |門| ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛
´* •...¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*)¸...•*`

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jientje said...

That saying is so true!!

I loved the 55!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Dr. John. So kind.
I also appreciate your Wharton quote today. I needed that.
Sink from Bigger Cup

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jeff B said...

I have yet to do one of these 55's. You did a masterful job of it as I knew you would.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Great 55ve. But I guess that it is a paradox,that even though man cannot move mountains, he can move the world!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

I am tickled and happy to see that you put "my" castle in the collection go "your" castles.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

A thought provoking 55! Glad you decided to have a go...look forward to reading more of your 55's and thank you for visiting mine. :)

4:39 AM  
Blogger KB said...

Welcome to 55 club and thanks for enjoying mine.

12:21 AM  
Blogger zzyytt said...

nba jerseys
red bottom shoes
nike air max 2017
nike epic react
chrome hearts online
nike shoes
longchamp
coach factory outlet
longchamp handbags
timberland outlet

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home