Monday, April 06, 2009

A Poem a Day-April 7

April 7

Clean then Dirty

It was an Easter day so bright
The sun giving glorious light.
The kids all looked so very neat
Even the little stinky Pete
Ma scrubbed them all you see
They were as they should be
So they started for the car
Saw the mud but it was far
Stinky he saw it too
Knew just what to do
Running he jumped right in.
Well being dirty is no sin.


Clean makes Dirty

A clean pad
No words
Not soiled with lead
A poem
Needs to be written
A clean poem
A green poem
A clean air poem
A dirty pad
Lead smudges
Called words
Darn poets

4 Comments:

Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Simply amazing.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Oh I like both of these -- but I especially like the 2nd one! Lead smudges called words... I LOVE that!


I've not had an idea yet... nothing that's jumped out at me anyway.... mine will be up later... probably much!

7:34 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

wow, love the humour.

11:11 AM  
Blogger watchman said...

I like them both- could just see little Pete and that mud!
And the phrase "lead smudges called words" was genius!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home