Friday, April 03, 2009

My second 55

Today's Link
A Little Off Kilter

Today's Saying
Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Today's Picture


Flash Fiction 55 Almost


The ring safely in his pocket he knelt before her.


Looking up into her beautiful blue eyes he smiled that smile she had come to love and she smiled back.

He took her dainty hand in his callused ones and opening his mouth to say words she waited to hear.
He leaned forward and


sneezed.

Friday 55 Flash Fiction is brought to you by G-man (Mr Knowitall). The idea is you write a story in exactly 55 words. If you want to take part pop over and let G-man know when you've posted your 55.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal.
Not that what was going on inside the museum was normal for anyplace but Pigeon Falls.. Men in black, supposedly from the Homeland Security who seemed to have knowledge of different life forms were confronting a White Rabbit. Which everybody had assumed was a mechanical construct. This White Rabbit had somehow fastened their weapons to the ceiling.
The men in black unaware that their weapons were hanging above them stared at the rabbit. The rabbit started to grow, becoming twice its original size moving out from behind the Native American exhibit . He moved forward they moved back. The march continued until they reached the center of the room. He moved right, they moved left. He then moved left, and they moved right. With music they would have a dance.
Urrr the frustrated being thought. If they would just let him pass, there would be no harm, but they were not cooperating. The giant White Rabbit used another of his unique abilities, and the two men fell to the ground. Stepping over the men, the rabbit pushed passed the group of curious onlookers at the door. The rabbit hopped as swiftly as he could, disappearing into the wooded area. There he regained his natural shape, a blue glowing circular crystal.
This was of course not the end . The men in black would not give up. They had failed this time but they had learned from the encounter. Retrieving their weapons they decided to shoot sooner next time.
The towns people would, of course, search for their White Rabbit. He had hid the mechanical rabbit well but did intend to return it as soon as it could figure how to leave. The problem was he was not all sure how he got here.
The White Rabbit disguise had been fun. Was the town ready for some more fun, he was already thinking of ways to create more mystery.

Wrap UP
The dragons are joining today you can see them HERE.
Or you can scroll down and see my poem for a day in April poems.
Everyday a new poem will be added. I have had a hard day blogging. My house is being reroofed and the noise is driving me nuts ( I know not far to drive). It is also scaring the poor dog half to death.But the job had to be done the old roof tiles were curling up and flying off. My sons offered to come and do it to save me some money but I keep remembering a lady in my first parish that let her son but on a new roof. He fell off and lost his ability to walk. These men are experts and insured. I read a lot of flash 55 entries today. So many ways to write a 55 word story. I just loved it.I also visited every blog that left a comment yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
*********************************************

27 Comments:

Blogger G-Man said...

Well....?
What did she say?
Yes...or Guzhundheit?
I loved this Dr. John, thanks for deciding to join the fun again.
Thank You for visiting, and have a Great Week-End....G

4:41 AM  
Blogger Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I think you are the anti-climax man...he sneezed; indeed!

Is your serial News from Pigeon Falls, like a little trip to the twilight zone? :))

my 55

4:43 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

I bet she said 'bless you' anyway! :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Finding Pam said...

I enjoyed your 55 and the art work as well. I am gone for a week and look what has happened in Pigeon Falls. Oh my...

Have a great weekend.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Vicky said...

What a great challenge! I thought it might be a take on the story of the man who during his proposal dropped the ring and it fell off the bridge and he climbed down to get it, triggering people to yell to him not to jump!!

But the sneeze was equally unexpected :) Nice job!

6:41 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Bless you!
Such talent!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

Have you been reading Akelamalu's 55's? this sounds just like a twist she'd put in!

Good one!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I do really LOVE your 55's! You have a knack for putting a LOT into just a little!

Ya know... I'm just not sure Pigeon Falls can HANDLE Mark! On top of ALL the other mysteries they encounter on their own, he may have them all on anti-delusional DRUGS or something here soon!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

bless you!!!!! great 55. and i like your poems for the month of april... good luck and much inspiration!

8:06 AM  
Blogger aims said...

Well now - what other mystery might be coming up in Pigeon Falls? And Men In Black should know better by now! Obviously the team isn't headed by Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith. I mean - come on!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Pat - Arkansas said...

Loved your "55" Dr. John!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Cherie said...

What a cute Flash 55. He was probably mortified, but she probably thought it was endearing. ;)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Love your 55!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

i love that quote above. i have a book w that quote in it.

as for your 55, i loved it. like that humorous touch at the end. :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

A sternutatuous surprise!!

Only you can come up with something like that! You're the master!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I love the 55! Perhaps she will where a little less perfume from now on.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Mark got safely away with no violence today!
-

And the fellow who did sneeze while down on his knees, forgot a tissue and his love took issue. She was covered in slime and thought it a crime. A fit she did fling and he took back the ring.
-

Whenever I write poetry,
Rhyme and meter stick with me!
It seems to happen every time.
Now I think I'm stuck in rhyme.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Yep, you are just slightly off kilter; D

10:30 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

LOL I love it! Poor bloke, I bet it took him ages to pluck up the courage.

Great stuff Dr. John. :)

10:42 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Dr John you never cease to amaze as how you can put words together.

Wonderful

A blessed Weekend is wished for you and Betty

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John...you must be a walking dictionary. You always cease to amaze me how good these are. :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I might just have to try that 55 some day. Maybe when I retire which I hope is soon.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

I would certainly not have said, "Bless you." !!!! Now, Dr. John, have you written a book because I would love to read it. I just read your advice to Marlene and am deeply moved and convicted. Thank-you.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Dr John, there is a list of 55ve writing blogs at Snowelf's blog!

3:55 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Dr. John...
A Fun and sassy Blogger named Susie The Barefoot Mistress, sort of revived a dying group of 55ers.
Writers would post a 55, come tell her, then she would visit and comment on their story. As her personal business started to take off, she asked me if I would take over the reigns as host..
I certainly do NOT own or copyrite The 55 Saga's. They can be Poems, Real Life, Fiction, Comedy, Drama, or fantasy. But the bottom line is you need to tell a story in exactly 55 words. I do NOT especially care for 'serial' 55's. Because the story is more than 55 words!!! Grrr...
But being the gracious host that I am...I say nothing.
I love having talented folks visit my blog to tell me of their story's on Friday. Several 55 blogs have popped up in the past as Mona has said. But they never seem to have the fuel to survive for long...
I love throwing logs on the fire!!
Galen

7:24 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Definitely not the right moment to sneeze.

And I wil try to write a 55 word story too.

9:01 PM  
Blogger KB said...

Well that's surely a proposal she will never forget.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home