Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I like Him

Today's Link
My Wife has Agoraphobia

Today's Saying
A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her. ~David Brinkley

Today's Picture
My Son Peter and daughter Pennie

I have a list of true believer blogs.
These are blogs of people, some conservative and some liberal, who believe that they alone know how to save the nation and the planet. They have very strong beliefs.
He true believers on the right are not happy with our President. They say he is doing what they said he would do and in their eyes that’s bad. This is not a surprise.
What is a surprise is that some of the true believers on the left aren’t happy either because they think the President is failing to do what they elected him to do.
Our President is getting criticized from both left and right.
Now you know why I like the guy.
One of the mistakes George Bush made is he tried very hard to please his “ conservative base”. This skewered his government and hurt Republicans in general . Worse yet it never really satisfied the true believers.
So Far Obama hasn’t chosen to try to please the true believers on the left. Instead he seems to be trying to be what he promised during the campaign a President for all the people. Not an easy task by any reckoning.
I think given the circumstances he has done a good job.
1. He hasn’t even been President for 100 days
2. He has to work with a system corrupted by greed from top to bottom.
3. The economic problems he faces have been years in the making.
4. He is not a magician or a Messiah.
Despite all this he has come to us with well developed plans and a budget.
Will it work?
Only time will tell.
Even if they don’t I like the guy.


News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Confronted by the reality that the planet contains his arch enemies ,the dragons , Mark has to find a way to keep from being destroyed before he can figure out how to get back to the future. He decides to hide in plain sight and take on the form of a human being. Seeing the milk train coming in he wills himself unto the platform in the station just as all the ghost groupies and other tourists arrive. Nobody notices there is an extra person . He heads , immediately for Nancy’s Coffee Shop. He needs to learn as much as he can about the people of Pigeon Falls to see if there is anybody that could help him.
On entering he feels a strong presence that seems to have no center point but is everywhere. He can not identify it so for the moment he ignores it. Nancy is telling her leprechaun story for the hundred and something time to one of the ghost groupies. Mark listens and decides he has to meet this Tommy UK as he might have enough power to send him home. A short time later , over coffee, he asks Nancy if the town has any other super heroes besides Tommy and she thinks for a bit and then tells him the story of Herman and the demon. He decides he has to meet Herman as well.
Will Mark ever go home? Will he meet Tommy UK and Herman? Will there be a fight? Will the dragons get Mark? Will Tommy UK ever talk to his uncle? These and other annoying questions might be answered tomorrow in the News from Pigeon Falls but then again they might not be.

Wrap UP
Scroll down and see my poems for April 7th. My bedroom computer went down this morning. well the monitor did. It took some time to get it working again. In the afternoon my grandsons started the garage cleaning. They worked hard. We took them Easter shopping when I got as much done as I wanted for the day. Betty's hip is hurting. I visited and left comments at the blogs that left comments yesterday. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************

19 Comments:

Anonymous quilly said...

I know Tommy can help Mark, but will Mark be good for Tommy?

1:23 AM  
Blogger Jientje said...

Like you said, he's not a magician.
We have a saying here in Europe.
Paris and Rome were not built in one day...
I love today's saying, very appropriate for this post!

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah and he's putting us farther in debt than we ever have been. Happy tax paying mark my words

1:45 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Give him a chance, if he doesn't live up to what he said he was going to do you can always vote him out of office next election.

The world seems to like him though

Blessings to you and Betty

1:49 AM  
Blogger butterflies said...

I love Obama..How many other Presidents have been to Turkey.?the one democracy in the world where muslims and christians live in harmony and run the govt side by side.
So taxes have to go up to help to pay for social spending..

2:46 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

One can't please all of the people all of the time.

3:28 AM  
Blogger aims said...

We watched Obama's biography this past weekend. At the end of it I turned to The Man and said I wished I had had the honor of voting for him.

He gives the world hope.

Something we all need in every country including here in Canada.

3:49 AM  
Blogger starbender said...

I just keep my eyes & ears open.
I wouldn't want the job...

5:03 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ah! And he's NOT the anti-Christ either! It (truly) amazes me how QUICK his supporters (as well as his rivals) are to criticize him given the state that our Nation was in when he took over. Do people really believe that change can take place in a couple of months? I find it is still best for me to keep MY mouth shut on matters of politics! And I'm still putting MY faith in the Lord!

*ahem* ... Just so Mark knows... Dragons have an incredible sense of smell... not to mention that magical 6th sense!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I like him too.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

Well, I would not like to be the President of the US, or any country. Because, whatever you do, people will always complain.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Sylvia K said...

I think he's pretty amazing, I wouldn't want his job, I think it would be helpful to all concerned if he was given a chance -- as you say, he hasn't been in office for even a hundred days! I like the guy, too!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Lew said...

I do not believe that those with so narrow a view (right or left) will ever be happy. Back in the day (I'm old enough to say that now!) when Senators Everett Dirksen and Sam Ervin could argue all day, workout a compromise, and then go have a beer together are long gone. We have elected too many whose position is "my way" or "no way" leaving the country in a huge mess.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Caution/Lisa said...

We depend on Chrysler for the roof over our heads and the food in our stomachs. I do not like the forced marriage he has created for Chrysler and Fiat, but at the same time, I am grateful that he has done something.

11:15 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

so many questions, so few answers...

11:20 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Ella is realllllly cutting it close! She is due to arrive at your place on Good Friday!

12:32 PM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Budget...really? Show me the details.

Well-developed plans...really? Ditto.

The whole bunch of 'em may have an agenda but they seem to be flying by the seats of their pants.

Not that this is a new thing.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Presidents are there to be critisized, because people can do it better. It's only when he is dead for 50 years or more than suddenly he becomes a hero or a zero in history.
Anyway the Obamas had a huge success in all European countries he visited and Obama was greated like a Rock star. When Bush came eggs and tomatoes flew through the air !
I like this guy too !!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

A successful person can duck when the bricks are thrown.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home