Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More of Me-A little delayed

Today's Link
My Life Shifting

Saying for the Day
Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home. ~Carol Nelson

Picture of the Day

I borrowed this meme from Everything and Nothing

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial but with a rotating base.

3. When do you put up the tree? End of November

4. When do you take the tree down? Early February

5. Do you like eggnog? No but Betty does

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Electric train or Charlie McCarthy puppet.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have several. The one on the layout is up all year round.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Betty

9. Easiest person to buy for? Luke, my grandson

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Never got a bad one but as a kid I wasn’t happy with clothes . Come to think of it I’m still not.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Dicken’s Christmas Carol

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January


14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? NO!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Saffron buns

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home but used to travel

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? An angel. Betty insists

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning but one on Christmas Eve
.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds


23. What I love most about Christmas? The family coming together

24. What do YOU most want for Christmas this year? Nothing. I need nothing. Just let everybody be happy.

25. Any last thoughts? Don’t forget the Christ of Christmas-the real gift.

News from Pigeon Falls
The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal
Tammy and Tommy UK were stunned. Putting the pieces in the puzzle hadn’t worked. They had read the driblet. They were certain this was the answer and it hadn’t worked. Now what could they do. Where should they go. They had bet on this answer and it seems to be wrong. Tommy UK went over the clues again. Herman was the seer. The puzzle was something from his past that he knew but he had forgotten. In other words something he knew but didn’t know. The pictures in the puzzle fit the three pictures from the roof of the Masonic building. They had to be right but it didn’t work. It just didn’t work. Little by little the shadow was still growing.
Then it hit Tommy UK. Herman was the key. He had failed in the long past and somehow caused all of this. He had to undo it. He had to put the pieces in the puzzle. But where was Herman.
Is Tommy UK right? Will they find Herman in time? Can they convince him to do the puzzle? Is this really the answer?

Wrap Up
Good breathing day. Betty and I did one thing all day. We started early in the morning and wrote our annuaol family letter ( you know the one everyone hates to get in which you tell how wonderful your family is) and the sort of annual quiz ( a little bit annual). Then we created our Christmas card. After that we ran them. We had some printer problems but got those corrected. My sister Dawn called to see how I was doing. After we finished the cards and letters we brought the address labels up to date and I printed labels. Betty put them on the assembled cards. Then we prepared the Christmas gifts for my nephews and tomorrow we will mail them all out. After that I visted the first tier of links. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA
**************************************

15 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

No! Dont blame the shadow on Herman! He is Pigeon Falls only hope to unseat Petrovich! They will run him out of town if he is the cause.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Do you still have the puppet?

8:09 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I love your pictures.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Liked your answers, some of my answers would be similar.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have they been watching "Survivor"?

10:24 AM  
Blogger juliana said...

cool meme :)

well, i hope herman shows up soon!

11:15 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

"Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home"

lol - Me? I don't know if I'm coming or going at the moment

11:57 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I liked your answers to the meme. You have a rotating base on your Christmas tree? COOL!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Carletta said...

Loved your answers as always Dr. John.
I too do not want presents this year. I do want to be with my kids and grandchild. Part of that will happen and that's the best gift I could have.
I'm with Betty - I'm having eggnog now as I visit my favorite blogs.
Hope you're having a great day.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

You know what will happen to this one!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

You got all your Christmas cards done in one day??? I'm so jealous! I'm STILL working on mine! And I don't DO a family letter anymore.

Glad your breathing easier!

I hope they find Herman....

7:00 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I love that quote. Families!
Plus I love the meme, plus I love that you are rather late with your Christmas cards too.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Gattina said...

You keep your tree until February ??? if it's a real one you must have a decorated skeleton in your room ! In my fathers family the tree was decorated on the 24th morning (children were not allowed to see it until Christmas began around 5 pm) and it was taken away the 2nd January !! That really was too short and I suffered really about that as a child. Now we decorate it 2 weeks before and take it down after the 6th (Italian holiday)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Find Herman NOW!

11:27 PM  
Blogger loisontheweb said...

I make it a rule to take my Christmas tree down by the deadline of Valentine's Day. Then, I can leave some of the bright red decor up for that. The tree goes outside on the deck for a while; it is the Scandinavian custom to put treats on it for the birds.
LOIS

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home