Thursday, December 20, 2007

Last Minute Shopping

Saying for the Day: A hug is a great gift - one size fits all, and it's easy to exchange. ~Author Unknown

I rather enjoyed the Christmas meme I did the other day so I decided to "shop" for a few more of those who leave me comments.
The rules are simple.
1. You go to Google images and enter the internet name or portion thereof
2. You pick a gift from the first page of pictures.

Bazza- this lovely motorcycle with enough room for wifey or one of the kids on the back. ( It was that or a Teddy bear.)






Alpha Dude - This " Alpha Crusader battle bot.













Alastair- His own personal stone henge to draw people to Church.









Butterfly- This cute little stuffed butterfly.









Garden Wife- A portable garden . She can take it wherever she goes.









Cindy- A flower to make her day bright.









Jill- This giant, giant screen television.







Josie-
This stuffed dog to keep her company and watch her paint.














Judie- This nice new car ( it was that a horse, a cow, or a dog)








Nea- A new living room Set






Patterns of Ink- To one of the greatest writers on the net this antique ink pot.









Nessa- I know it's not a butterfly but I'm not sure what it is.








Practical Chick- Who really has everything she needs this practical chick's flic kit.









Quasar(9)-His own rocket into space may he reach the Mountains of Creation










Worldman-
Who has been everywhere -this huge globe so he can see where he has been.








Artsy (TartsyViray)
A door opening into the light of a new year where all her dreams can come true.








I have to quit now. I am out of time. My hands hurt. My fingers are bleeding. The crowds at Google Department Store were horrible. People kept taking my gifts. I finally had to hit an old lady with my cane. I got there first.
So if I missed you. Don't be upset.
1. Remember I am an old man with a lousy memory.
2. Be glad your not one of my relatives who are expecting real gifts.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal, except for the pigeons. Ms. Purcell the pigeon expert from Cornell University made her first official conclusion today. She said “ This is not normal pigeon activity”. Of course Mrs. Annabell Peabody who is 92 years old and quit school in the fifth grade came to the same conclusion the day after the pigeons started their performance. She didn’t put it in the same exact words but it was the same conclusion. She said “ Durn pigeons aren’t supposed to act like that.”
Tommy UK suggested to Ms. Purcell that the pigeons were playing a game of follow the leader. He stopped by Ms. Purcell’s equipment tent on his way to school. She told him pigeons don’t follow the leader, geese or ducks maybe but pigeons never. Tommy UK pointed out that since this wasn’t normal pigeon activity and follow the leader wasn’t ordinary pigeon activity it could be true. She just laughed. She is the expert you know.
Petrovich returned today and somebody actually asked him to look for a driblet that might explain all of this. People hate things that have no explanation.
Tommy TW has set his local book signing at Jack’s Sauna for tomorrow. His Publisher is sending in a crew to take pictures to use in future adds. Nancy is helping by offering a free cup of coffee and a saffron bun to anybody who comes in with a signed book. It should be one exciting day.
*****

Today's Link- pick one to visit from all the links above.
Good day today. I sold some H0 cars. I got all of Octobers blogs ready to print out for my sister. Betty and I did some work on the layout. Betty went to Bible study. Now I need a breathing treatment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Seems to me that driblets only confuse people more-- whenever there is one they always are trying to figure out what it means. So how could it explain the pigeons behaviour?

One might have to wonder tho if they arent trying to distract what is going on down below as they fly over head. They do have people looking up.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite taken with this meme. I hope I get time to do it!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Neoma said...

Hey, I like my gift, and I need it also.......i don't even mind the color...haha......so you did GOOD!!!

I have been cooking till my fingers are bleeding here at the ole "Slop and Trough".....i am running out of ideas, we will soon be eating take out.....

11:50 AM  
Blogger -atomik kitten said...

Mmm... Milk duds!! Thanks!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Nessa got a Llama - they are so cool and soft. Well, they do have a nasty habit of spitting on people but I believe it's a nice gesture from their prospective.

I Christmas shopped online again this year... it is the only way to go. Never, ever again will I enter a Mall or department store. Even Walmart has 97 cent shipping. It would cost me that much in gas to drive there, around the parking lot for a spot and the risk of my life in that madhouse.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, aren't you the perfect Santa? ... giving all these "virtual presents". I know that I really like mine.
LOIS

9:30 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Great Quote, Dr.John,
I love the ink pot! It's almost as perfect as a hug and I won't exchange it. You are one of the best encouragers on the net.

Please forgive this long comment.

I have a favor to ask. On New Years weekend, I will be "publishing" a hard copy of that story I wrote about their first year of my parents' marriage. It's almost done. At the end of the printed draft, I will include excerpts from comments that would be of encouragement to my mom. I'd be honored if you (and any of your readers who may be aware of the story) would leave some "tid bit" that I could include in that section the the "book" I give her. She is in a battle with cancer and recently got some bad news but please don't mention that directly in a comment. I'd rather she not know I prompted this. Thanks, Dr.John.
I will be away from internet access for a few days, but hope to have lots of "notes" that would encourage Mom at the end of that printed draft.
Thanks, Dr.John.
Merry Christmas!

4:23 AM  
Blogger Alastair said...

Thank you Dr John! Have a great Christmas....

3:53 PM  
Blogger GW said...

Hey, a portable garden for Gardenwife, eh? Sounds nice...Our yard isn't sunny all day, so this way I can move the garden with the sun. :)

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home