Monday, December 17, 2007

A Christmas Meme

Saying for the day: The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~Burton Hillis

I thought I'd do a Christmas meme today.( You can click on the name to get to their blog.)
The idea is :
!. Go to Google images and type in the screen name of somebody who leaves comments on your blog.
2. From the first page of images pick a Christmas gift for that person.
3. Do it for seven more people.

Louisiana- six tickets for a nice warm vacation on a Southern lake.








Margaret- A good solid door to keep out robbers.


Catch- A can of her own special fish.








Stacy- A new computer to keep her blogging.









Quill - A nice set of Quill pens to teach with







Jan(vangogh)- A bouquet of flowers to paint.








Lois- because she loves machinery.







The Old Fart- A charter membership in the Old Farts Hall of Fame








I hope you all enjoy your gifts.

Perhaps I should have gone to page two.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. The pigeons are back today. They are doing the same thing they did on Saturday only they started on the other side of the street. It is almost as if they are undoing what they did. Still nobody can explain what they are doing.
Pastor Joan in her sermon, yesterday, said that people want the pigeon actions to have meaning , good or bad. But sometimes as Eino says “ Pigeons do what Pigeons do.” This is true of the signs that Jesus is coming again. People look at wars or earthquakes and see them as sign of Jesus coming but sometimes a war is just a war and an earthquake just an earthquake. We need to live as if Jesus could come at any time and plant a tree.
Over coffee people tended to agree with her but they still wondered what the pigeon activity meant.
Whatever it means another passenger car of tourists showed up on the milk train this morning just to see the pigeons. So the pigeons are money in the bank for the local stores and the Fly Inn. That’s a good sign if you want a sign.
*******

Today's Link-Everything and Nothing- A great blog on White Wine
Fairly good day today. I saw the Doctor in the morning. He said I probably have some kind of food allergy that sets off the attack. Now I just have to figure out what it is. My lungs are the best they have been n some time. Betty went to the eye Doctor in the afternoon and she is doing fine. For sick old people we are in great shape. Peter called and I e-mailed him our saffron bun recipes. NOw I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

11 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Thanks for the flowers.

Pigeons do what Pigeons do. Seems to me the Eino should be the one selling umbrellas. Pull up into a parking spot downtown and sell them out of the trunk of his car.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thank you for the Charter Membership in The Old Farts Hall of Fame. It brought a chuckle.

7:18 AM  
Blogger J C said...

Thank you, Dr. John. I will (have a nice vacation). I'll still be visiting here. This is a nice place to come. Bless you and your family and have a wonderful holiday season.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Wow, a new computer! Thank you, Dr. John.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thats a great Meme, I'll have to give it a try. Hehe, a new door.

Could I have a new house to go with it? You can get inside of this one with a .99 cent can opener.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Monday!

What a neat Christmas Meme!

Glad your lungs are doing well and Betty's eye doc went well too:)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having Jesus as my Lord and Savior is a good enough present to me.

7:14 PM  
Blogger ArtsyTartsyViray said...

Hahah.. those gifts were really cute and made me laugh..

Oh.. and in regards to your comment on my blog.. I ended up making 2 and a half platters tonight.. I should be finishing up two more tomorrow.

Pray that I keep my sanity this month! I"m going to be so exhausted ringing in the new year!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, Ya ... I'll take it! Perfect gift for me!
LOIS

11:18 AM  
Blogger Voegtli said...

What a beautiful idea. And I am sorry, but next year I will "usurpate" this and make a post with this idea.

My best wish for a speedy recovery of your health.

And my very best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Peter

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr. John -- thank you for my gift. It is lovely. I am sorry I have been too busy to come by and collect it before now.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home