Wednesday, December 19, 2007

What I want for Christmas

Saying for the Day:It's not what you give this Christmas that really counts, it's what God gave.

“What do you want for Christmas?”
People ask me that often during the holiday season.
The problem is I’m an old man who already has too much stuff. There is nothing I really need and not much that I really want.
O! I would like a Coors Light train for the layout ( won’t get it but I would still like it). Perhaps, an electric lift for the van to get my scooter in and out. ( won’t get that either)
I could turn philosophical and say I would like Peace on earth ( won’t get that either I’m afraid).
Or theological and want everyone to know how much God loves them in Christ. ( won’t get that and just my wanting ticks some people off)
There is one other thing I would really like. A thing I really want as do hundreds of people like me. I want every one who is running for President to vanish from my television until January 2.
I don’t want to see them being interviewed.
I don’t want to see them explaining how they didn’t mean whatever it was they said.
I don’t want to see them standing by a pile of snow or on a beach.
I don’t want to see them having coffee in an Iowa restaurant with an “ ordinary person”.
I don’t want to see them at a football game.
I don’t want to see them on late night or early morning television.
I don’t want to see them.

I have had all the presidential politics I can take for this year.
They have exceeded my quota.
If they really want to be elected (by me) they should now take time off with their families , in private, and come back next year.
Of course I won’t get this either.
But you have to admit it would be nice.

#### News from Pigeon Falls-The little town in my basement where the trains still run, dragons fly, and life is back to normal. A new day and a new pigeon pattern. This one more complex than the one’s before it.
Mrs. Purcell , the pigeon expert , showed up on the milk train this morning. She came with two assistants and lots of equipment. First thing they set everything up near the manger scene. They are taking video of the pigeons actions for later analysis. She says she has never seen pigeon activity like this in all of her studies . This is just not the way pigeons usually act.
Tommy TW’ s book is selling well. He got a mention from Oprah and that helped. He is thinking of having a book signing at Jack’s Sauna before he leaves for New York. It will make a good publicity shot. Nancy wants it at the Coffee Shop but he felt the Sauna provides better background. They will have to work that out but it is his book. On the other hand he has to live with her.
Despite having a new author and strange pigeons the town is getting ready for Christmas as usual. People are planning big meals , last minute Christmas gifts are being purchased, cribs are being brought down from the attic for grandchildren, last minute decorations are being added to the houses, Wink’s and Kiv&Makis are having special sales, and life goes on.
******

Today's Link-Christmas Organizing.com-A Christmas don't.
A fairly good day. I worked on the computer trying to clear up eBay things most of the day. Betty wrapped gifts. Now I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

8 Comments:

Blogger Cissa Fireheart said...

I agree with you Dr. John. These people should be focussed on their family.

I am not impressed with any of them, really...maybe 1 or 2, but no so much that I want to vote for any of them just yet. They all started so dang early.....they all are greedy in my opinion...but you know, I'm just an ordinary person...who lives on the whim of the government...technically, my say doesn't count....

5:12 AM  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

Wont the books get soggy at the sauna?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Lori's Minute said...

Do what we do, watch the cartoon channel all day!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

hmmm- I wonder if the cartoon channel that Lori's watching is the one with Hillary on it?

I agree with you though, Dr. John- it would be the best Christmas present if they just all went away for a few days where we could not see them.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I've learned to ignore them lately -none seem to be making any sense at all.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I think we'd all like that last one, but I hope you do get some of what you want.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Dr. John- I think you should run on over to http://sargecharlie.blogspot.com/ he has something you might find beneficial in his post today. It might help ease the pain of listening to and seeing these annoying politicians day in and day out...

9:25 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Yep,
it seems tv and the internet can give us plenty of what we want and even more of what we don't want - they intrude into our living room and into our lives - and it sort of gets harder and harder to filter out the wheat from the chaff

But hey at the end of the day, I guess we are still masters of the all powerful remote, but channel hoping can send us into a loop of repeats ...

we should remember though that the reason we have so many repeats for xmas, is because we supposedly have more time (to watch tv?) and there are many films the next generation have yet to see or never seen, as well as a host of new films on 'pay for view' - yet somehow we are still attracted like moths to our daily dose of tv 'news'

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home