Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday September 24

Saying for the Day:"A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for all humankind."Richard Dehmel
------ The white rabbit was the primary topic of conversation in Pigeon Falls today as people argued over weather it was good or bad. Just think a month ago most people didn't even believe it existed . How quick things change. According to Nancy of "Coffee with Nancy" 3 out of every four people believe the white rabbit to be good and not evil. But some of those who believe its evil have taken to locking their doors at night and staying away from dark places in the day time. The white rabbit itself has not been seen since Mrs. Trumble saw it from the window of "Coffee with Nancy". Perhaps it was what Klenex and the wolf were fighting over and we will never see it again. One hopes that's not the case because this is one mystery we would like to solve. The other great argument in Pigeon Falls is over the supposed photo of the white rabbit taken by a tourist. That picture has been reproduced on a dozen computer printers and is being passed all over town. According to Nancy people are equally divided between those who believe it is a real picture of the white rabbit and those who think it isn't. If only the train had been stopped and the picture were a little less blurry. Eino seems to have some kind of plan to catch the rabbit but he is keeping quiet about it. Well I'll keep you informed.
---- Very good night last night. In the morning I was back on E-BAy bidding on some track for the Marx trains I already have. Then Betty and I went to Laona . I drove. When we got there we discovered I had left my wallet home so I had no driver's license with me. Betty drove home. At Leona we took a genuine steam train out to Camp Five. There we took a forest tour and learned about forest management. While there we got to roast marshmellows over a campfire , something I haven't done in years. We listened to some real lively music proided by a trio called Finn Power who played while we ate lunch. Then we went through the logging museum and took the train back to Laona. When I got home I discovered I had won all of my bids but one. Then we went to church. The sermon was quite interesting. When we came home I sent an E-mail anniversary card to Peter and Lori whose anniversary is tomorrow. We will send a snail mail card later. Well I need a breathing treatment.
GBYA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home