Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day Before New Years

Today's Saying
Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. ~Oscar Wilde

My family has all gone home. Now during the day there is only Betty, I, and the dog. It is so quiet. I miss kids screaming, little helicopters flying, the dog jumping around, and all the activity of their visit. But I do have my computer back so I can visit blogs again.
My grandsons are so special. On the last day they were here Alex made pancakes for me for breakfast. That kid is a great cook. He and his father made a full batch of saffron buns while they were here.
Elijah made breakfast for me one day as well.
They did anything we asked of them without complaining .
This is not to say they are perfect. They break things, they fight with each other, they holler a lot, and have some other faults as well but they are special.
Now I am looking ahead to the new year and this blog.
There will be changes that will start next Monday.
I need to cut back on the amount of time I give this blog.
I want to get back to the train layout.
I need to schedule in some exercise time.
So for one thing my “ Story blog” comes to an end.
Certainly there will be other changes as well.
But right now I have to get the last of my Christmas cards and my Christmas letter out so they wi9ll reach people during the twelve days of Christmas and thus count as Christmas cards.

Сильні гризунів врятувала день.
Chief Ican looked out the window of the jail and saw a cat go flying by. He rushed to the door in time to see two more cats become air born thrown thjere by a mouse in a super hero costume. The mouse was taking on a group of eight or nine cats and not having very much trouble from the looks of it. The only good thing as far as Chief Ican was concerned was that they were not local cats and each one simply vanished as it hit the ground. The Chief was also sure he could hear somebody singing “ Here I come to save the day, Mighty Mouse is on the way.”
When Mighty Mouse finished with the cats he broke the basement window of Wink’s Wood and flew in . He returned shortly with a mouse in a live trap which he let go. That’s when Chief Ican went back into the jail and called Mrs. Trumble as he had visions of all the property damage the mouse could do before the spell ended.
Mrs. Trumble called Robert and he came immediately. He used his power to cast an invisible cone over Mighty Mouse. The mouse could fly up to the cone and then it would hold him in place. Robert told the Chief that he had no idea how long the cone would hold since they were dealing with magic. They had to hope it would hold until the spell wore off.
But the on the main street a set of railroad tracks appeared . A villainous cat showed up and tied a beautiful mouse to the track. Inside the cone Might Mouse was going crazy trying to get out. He was shouting Oil Can if you harm one hair on Pearl’s beautiful head I’ll send you to the moon. Oil Can Harry just laughed and an engine appeared at the far end of the track. Oil Can climbed up in the cab and the engine moved slowly down the track toward Pearl.
Suddenly Mighty Mouse was there. He stopped the train with one hand and hit Oil Can so hard that he flew straight up and disappeared. Chief Ican and Robert stared and saw the hole in the road. Mighty Mouse had gone down through the road and up the other side.
Then it all vanished. The spell was over.
Chief Ican said “ I’m so glad that was settled before Miss Apricot got here.”

17 Comments:

Blogger DawnTreader said...

Happy New Year to you! And good luck with the changes you're planning; may they work out well for you!

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What special grandkids you have. That was wonderful of them. When you don't have kids in the house all the time, it's nice to have them visit, but it's also nice for them to leave. And I say that with all the love in my heart. Change is good Dr. John. I'll be anxious to hear it.

Wow Mighty Mouse was very thoughtful to save Pearl. I wonder if any of this has to do with the boy that called Wolf. Did Quilly or Melli already mention that? CRS you know. I'm so waiting for Miss Apricot to get there :)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

Nothing is more awful then perfect children, lol ! They would be boring. I like when they are very much "alive" lol ! Now you can rest for a year !
"See" you in 2010 ! Happy New Year !

2:01 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

It's great to have the family round but it's good to get back to peace again isn't it?

Just in case I don't get by tomorrow I wanted to wish you and Better A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4:56 AM  
Blogger Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Happy New Year Dr John, all the Best to you and Betty and your family.

5:43 AM  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

How great to have your grandkids cook for you. Happy New Year!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

I have to agree - your grandkids ARE special - and they were very well behaved and well mannered with me! It's not nearly so important how they behave with family as it is how they behave with non-family! My kids drove me up a wall - but their teachers all talked about how WELL behaved they were! Apparently they ONLY liked to fight with each other! LOL! This is good.

So, the town survived Mighty Mouse! What NEXT! Sure hope that kid doesn't have the book about the Billy Goats Gruff!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Dulçe ♥ said...

Peace has come back home... how good you miss them, but their noise is still going around the house ... ain't it?
Oh my dear Knight I am so happy I've met you this year about to end... You are one of my faves, that you know well, and I've learnt to appreciate you so well, for you are a great blogger... I hope those changes about your blogging won't mean you are going to leave for more than a day or two...

Lots of love from the Canaries to my loving Dr.

Happy New Year !!!

6:52 AM  
Blogger aims said...

It appears that 2010 is going to bring a lot of changes to many people.

I hope it brings you happiness and peace my friend - in whatever form those may come.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous quilly said...

Despite what people say, kids are the same as they've always been. They learn from example. You have wonderful, sharing, loving, giving grandkids because that is the model they grew up with.

I never would have thought of Mighty Mouse! Wonderful!

Happy New Year, Dr. John. May 2010 bring you more blessings than sorrows, more joy than tears, more health than sickness, and more money than debts.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Best wishes with your 'resolutions' for 2010. I don't make any anymore. Mostly beause I don't want or need to make any changes and partly because I would just break them.

I never have believed in Mighty Mouse. But since you said it happened there in Pigeon Falls and was to the good then I have to start believing in him.

Does this mean that Dr. Jim won't be needed anymore? Mighty Mouse can fix whatever ails the town.
..

2:30 PM  
Blogger Cherie said...

That sounds like a great visit with your family! So glad that you had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year! :)

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Alice Audrey said...

Wait, did the hole in the road disappear along with Mighty Mouse?

4:20 PM  
Anonymous zingtrial said...

“New day, new blessings. Don’t let yesterday’s failures ruin the beauty of today. Blessings of God are new every morning. Today has its own promise of love, forgiveness, joy and success.Happy New Year!”

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful that your grandkids were so willing to serve you, what a treat! Glad you enjoyed your time with family.

Have a blessed new year Dr. John!

4:27 PM  
Blogger rhymeswithplague said...

Good post, Dr. John! We have an Elijah too, plus five other ACTIVE grandchildren.

Thank you for your recent compliment. Please come by the blog and read my two posts for Jan. 1....

6:57 AM  
Blogger aya ahmed said...

شركة نقل اثاث برابغ
شركة نقل عفش بشرورة
شركة نقل اثاث بعسفان
شركة نقل اثاث بتبوك
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالاحساء
شركة نقل اثاث بالقطيف
شركة نقل اثاث بالجبيل

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home